Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:03   #1
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

Colt 6943 experiences? (or anything in the 694x family)

In my ongoing quest to get my department set up with some new rifles, the Colt 6943 is starting to emerge as a good solution for us, given the price, quality, features, specs, etc.

Any experiences with that rifle, or anything in the 694x family I should know about? We would be putting an EOTech or Aimpoint optic on the rifles, so the somewhat-cheesy BUIS would truly be a backup, not a primary sight.

Tell me what you know.
This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:05   #2
Austin Millbarge

I've used a 6940 and it was top notch. I know opinions vary, but you can't go wrong with Colt. I took mine to Blackwater for the patrol rifle course in 2009. Shot 1200 rounds through it in three days without cleaning it. Just threw some oil on it at the end of the day. No failures.
Austin Millbarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13   #3
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
In my ongoing quest to get my department set up with some new rifles, the Colt 6943 is starting to emerge as a good solution for us, given the price, quality, features, specs, etc.

Any experiences with that rifle, or anything in the 694x family I should know about? We would be putting an EOTech or Aimpoint optic on the rifles, so the somewhat-cheesy BUIS would truly be a backup, not a primary sight.

Tell me what you know.
Sights are fine for what they are. It's a SBR 6940, which is a monolithic 6920, meaning it's a known quality gun. You'll be married to the rail, if that matters, unless you choose to change upper receivers themselves. In a SBR, the monolithic upper is much less of an issue for me than it would be in the 6940, though. It won't be the lightest gun, but it won't be bad. You could go with Aimpoint T1/H1s, which would mitigate the issue, though. It's an 11.5 inch barrel, which is my personal preference because you end up gaining something like 40% more dwell time for only 4% more overall length when compared to a 10.5 inch barrel.

All that said, for an issued patrol rifle: if all you're putting on the gun is a light, sling, and optic, my opinion is the 6933 is a better (and lighter) deal.

-Edward Conlon

Last edited by rockapede; 03-23-2013 at 06:17..
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:23   #4
blueiron

A good, solid rifle.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6940, 6943, rifle