GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 13:01   #41
Vigilant
Senior Member
 
Vigilant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside the Perimeter
Posts: 8,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
No way she's a sergeant. Dispatch for sure.

Randy
We have had a couple lieutenants and captains.......... and higher........
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 13:10   #42
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano1427 View Post
All kidding aside, a Dept that regulates off duty conduct to that degree is one I wouldnt work for. She did some nudes under an alias, with no mention of her Employer. Nothing illegal, and nothing to suggest any discredit befell the Dept.
The only reason the department even got dragged into it, is because they involved themselves. If there was discredit it was because they brought it on.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 15:20   #43
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
The only reason the department even got dragged into it, is because they involved themselves. If there was discredit it was because they brought it on.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Yes. If she wants to post nudes, by all means go for it.
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 16:36   #44
CLoft239
I Like Turtles
 
CLoft239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Google is your friend.

She's about a 6...maybe.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That's a man, baybeeee! :thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
__________________
Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive.
- Theodore Roosevelt
CLoft239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:07   #45
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,488
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
No way she's a sergeant. Dispatch for sure.

Randy
Nah, our dispatchers actually make this one look skinny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 16:38   #46
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,610
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Yes. If she wants to post nudes, by all means go for it.
Not in agreement.

She can't do it as a supervisor..
Conduct unbecoming means keeping on and off duty life so that it does not bring the agency discredit..

If she ever had to discipline someone for off duty conduct as a supervisor this would be used to discredit her.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 16:57   #47
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Not in agreement.

She can't do it as a supervisor..
Conduct unbecoming means keeping on and off duty life so that it does not bring the agency discredit..

If she ever had to discipline someone for off duty conduct as a supervisor this would be used to discredit her.
Being nude, is not becoming? Any embarrassment caused to the agency was done because they brought light to it.

Now if she was producing pornography, in uniform, or using agency equipment, absolutely.

I don't see the harm here. It's just pictures of a naked body.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 16:58   #48
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Being nude, is not becoming? Any embarrassment caused to the agency was done because they brought light to it.

Now if she was producing pornography, in uniform, or using agency equipment, absolutely.

I don't see the harm here. It's just pictures of a naked body.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I've seen people fired around here for less.

There is a double standard and you have to pay very careful attention to it, same goes for teachers.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 18:50   #49
La26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 272
If God wanted us to be naked, we would have been born that way
La26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 19:06   #50
Vigilant
Senior Member
 
Vigilant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside the Perimeter
Posts: 8,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I've seen people fired around here for less.

There is a double standard and you have to pay very careful attention to it, same goes for teachers.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
It could also come up in court some day at an inopportune moment.......

I think it depends a lot on exactly what their SOP says. Myself, I do my best to stay as far out of the limelight as possible. There are no secrets in our lines of work.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 19:24   #51
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member
 
ICARRY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Ask and ye shall receive......

Cop Talk
How does anyone get that damn fat?
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 14:13   #52
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,610
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
It could also come up in court some day at an inopportune moment.......

I think it depends a lot on exactly what their SOP says. Myself, I do my best to stay as far out of the limelight as possible. There are no secrets in our lines of work.
This

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 14:13   #53
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,610
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
How does anyone get that damn fat?
Bale of wheat belly?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:11   #54
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
googling when I get off this work computer....
exactly what I was thinking LOL


just realized this is in Houston. Hey.... I live in Houston....... Anybody got her number? I'd like to see if she's interested in dinner sometime.

Last edited by OctoberRust; 03-26-2013 at 06:11..
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28   #55
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,488
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Bale of wheat belly?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
When I hear belly in conjunction with that pic... I just keep thinking bacon... mmmmm... bacon...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 17:24   #56
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,060
I mean....I wouldn't gnaw my arm off to get outta bed. But she's no 10.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27   #57
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,488
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
I mean....I wouldn't gnaw my arm off to get outta bed. But she's no 10.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Most cops don't care to count that high when it comes to getting action.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,106
292 Members
814 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42