Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2013, 13:31   #1
fredj338

Kolorado is now Kalifornia light

So it's official, 10rd mag limits in Kolorado. I always knew CO was Kalif light, this just proves it, well along w/ several other odd peices of legislation. I am glad I never bought property there, but do love the outdoor space. Too bad, Montana is looking better & better.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 13:33   #2
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

isn't it 15 rounds?.....
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 15:16   #3
fredj338

I haven't read the specifics, just heard they past a mag cap. Still, too much like Kalif. Then again, I suspect the Feds pass some sort of mag cap this year.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 03-20-2013, 15:34   #4
cysoto
Gone Shooting!

The magazine limit is 15 rounds. The law takes effect on July 1st.
Old 03-20-2013, 15:41   #5
westy39

NO, Montana is really bad...... There is snow, cold, (sorta light on the snow right now and it got up to 52 degrees) There are wolves, but we hunt then,,,,,the people are really mean,,,, no jobs, unless you can drive a truck or work in an oil field or some other supporting business, (Balkken is booming)......No you don't want to go to Montana........
westy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 15:54   #6
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy39 View Post
NO, Montana is really bad...... There is snow, cold, (sorta light on the snow right now and it got up to 52 degrees) There are wolves, but we hunt then,,,,,the people are really mean,,,, no jobs, unless you can drive a truck or work in an oil field or some other supporting business, (Balkken is booming)......No you don't want to go to Montana........
Too late, already own property. I love going up there, people only treat me poorly when I drive my Kalif plates.
Old 03-20-2013, 17:27   #7
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
I haven't read the specifics, just heard they past a mag cap. Still, too much like Kalif. Then again, I suspect the Feds pass some sort of mag cap this year.
it's 15 rounds....

Still better than Californiastan.

You still haven't answered me why you support a sin tax on ammo though.....
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:47   #8
cadillacguns

So, you Glock-17 owners are screwed, Glock dont make a 15 rd G-17 mag, just 10/17/33. Now whatcha gonna do?
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23   #9
NAS T MAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacguns View Post
So, you Glock-17 owners are screwed, Glock dont make a 15 rd G-17 mag, just 10/17/33. Now whatcha gonna do?
Simple, 10 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. Carry 4 10 round mags and you have 51 shots available. If that doesn't get it done, what will? But I live in gun friendly Ohio, thank God.
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:36   #10
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacguns View Post
From my understanding it only effects the SALE of new magazines. Old magazines are legal. It's basically unenforceable is what the Law Enforcement is saying on a personal level. It will effect the sale of new guns in the gun store. But once you take it home, if you already have the 17rd magazines your Good to Go.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56   #11
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cysoto View Post
The magazine limit is 15 rounds. The law takes effect on July 1st.
I wonder if Glock and others will make 15round magazines for their G17s and hi-cap 9mms?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56   #12
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

It affects the future possession of magazines capable of being converted to 15rnds. Now what this means, is any magazine CAPABLE of being converted to hold over 15rnds, will be illegal to purchase after July 1. It will also be illegal to import from another state.

It also states that the ORIGINAL owner of the pre-July 1, 2013 magazine must be in CONTINUOUS POSSESSION of the magazine. You can't let ANYONE even touch it or you and the other party will be in violation of the law.

According to CRS, a class II misdemeanor in Colorado is punishable by 3-12mo in county jail and or a fine of $250-1000. This will be PER magazine.
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32   #13
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
It affects the future possession of magazines capable of being converted to 15rnds. Now what this means, is any magazine CAPABLE of being converted to hold over 15rnds, will be illegal to purchase after July 1. It will also be illegal to import from another state.

It also states that the ORIGINAL owner of the pre-July 1, 2013 magazine must be in CONTINUOUS POSSESSION of the magazine. You can't let ANYONE even touch it or you and the other party will be in violation of the law.

According to CRS, a class II misdemeanor in Colorado is punishable by 3-12mo in county jail and or a fine of $250-1000. This will be PER magazine.
I hope that VT doesn't come out with this kind of ban . . . . .
Old 03-21-2013, 14:46   #14
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
From my understanding it only effects the SALE of new magazines. Old magazines are legal. It's basically unenforceable is what the Law Enforcement is saying on a personal level. It will effect the sale of new guns in the gun store. But once you take it home, if you already have the 17rd magazines your Good to Go.
Yup, it is pretty much unenforceable.

The law puts the burden on law enforcement/prosecution to prove the magazines were acquired after the ban went into effect. There is really no way for them to prove when the magazines were acquired.

If a person drives up to Cheyenne and buys a truckload of magazines, as long as cash was used and the receipt was disposed of, there would be no way for CO authorities to prove they were purchased after the ban... "I've owned these for years, officer. I was trying to do my civic duty and get rid of these evil magazines in Wyoming, but nobody wanted them. So I'm taking them back home."

Not that I advocate such a course of action, just saying that's how something could play out.
Old 03-21-2013, 17:22   #15
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post

And just how do they figure that this reduces crime?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20   #16
random southpaw

The Dems in Colorado may have a bit of a celebration but I think that will be short.

Magpul--manufacturer of high capacity magazines has already announced that their planned move is under way and that they will be manufacturing magazines in another state (other than Colorado) within 30 days.

Enforceability continues to be a big question but Dems never let that little fact get in the way of their plans for world dominance and the shredding of our 2nd Amendment.

There are already ballot initiatives under way to repeal the magazine legislation and there may be some other ballot initiatives. Some have raised the possibility of re-call elections.

Right now, there is a lot in flux. We shall see how it all shakes out. I'm thinking that the next election, here in Colorado, will NOT go well for Dems.
random southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25   #17
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I wonder if Glock and others will make 15round magazines for their G17s and hi-cap 9mms?
We have had a 15 round magazine limit in NJ since 1990, and Glock never made a 15 rounder for the G17.

Most people buy a G19 for the mag limit, or go with a G22 in .40 with 15 rounds.
Old 03-22-2013, 22:42   #18
Kasinefect

Send a message via AIM to Kasinefect
My wife has family there and I really liked the place when I visited. Perhaps by the time I get back the residents will have voted out the leftist scum and restored their rights. Hey, a guy can dream!
Kasinefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 23:15   #19
Ak.Hiker

I am so glad my father moved us to Alaska in 1965. I do feel for the honest gun owners that have to deal with foolish do nothing gun laws in other states. The guy the police had to take down in Texas today is a great example of why gun laws don't work. Felon on parol that even assulted a prison guard kills a high level official in cold blood in Colorado. Gun laws did not stop this guy. Or the other thousands of his criminal pals prowling the streets of America. At least the fine members of law enforcement in Texas got him off of the streets. The court system sure didn't.
Ak.Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58   #20
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
it's 15 rounds....

Still better than Californiastan.

You still haven't answered me why you support a sin tax on ammo though.....
Who Said I did?

Last edited by fredj338; 03-23-2013 at 08:58..