GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2013, 20:41   #126
jime17

it is definitely not over but every time the dems efforts fall short it takes some wind out of their sails, however vigilance is still of utmost importance
jime17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:42   #127
N4LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
The democrats have banning guns as their party platform. They don't even need a reason. They just want a chance.
If we didn't have democrats in the government there would not be any threat to gun rights. Democrats are the problem.
You are the problem.
The people of Massachusetts might disagree with you.

ROMNEY SIGNS OFF ON PERMANENT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN

In a move that will help keep the streets and neighborhoods of Massachusetts safe, Governor Mitt Romney today signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that forever makes it harder for criminals to get their hands on these dangerous guns.
N4LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:49   #128
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4LP View Post

In a move that will help keep the streets and neighborhoods of Massachusetts safe, Governor Mitt Romney today signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that forever makes it harder for criminals to get their hands on these dangerous guns.
That's not really the point IMO. Look at it this way: Obama is pushing hard for an AWB, magazine restrictions, private sale bans, etc. This is a fact and not up for debate. What is up for debate is Romney's response had he become president. Regardless of what he did in the past, do you believe that he would be pushing for the same restrictions as Obama? Again, I don't really care about what he said or did in the past. It is not necessarily an indication of present actions. However, we do know what kind of person Obama is and what he stands for (and doesn't stand for).

My point is simple: if you voted for Obama, you knew exactly the kind of person you were voting for. He made no effort to hide his stance on guns. If you are trying to claim or imply otherwise (eg: Flipper 348), you are simply delusional or ignorant. Again, I don't fault people for voting the way they do. It is their right. But I do fault people for being ignorant.

Last edited by sputnik767; 03-20-2013 at 20:55..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:59   #129
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
That's not really the point IMO. Look at it this way: Obama is pushing hard for an AWB, magazine restrictions, private sale bans, etc. .

But he does not have the votes. He will if there is another Sandy Hook or two though.

.....so would mittens
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:01   #130
N4LP

Quote:
That's not really the point IMO. Look at it this way: Obama is pushing hard for an AWB, magazine restrictions, private sale bans, etc. This is a fact and not up for debate. What is up for debate is Romney's response had he become president. Regardless of what he did in the past, do you believe that he would be pushing for the same restrictions as Obama? Again, I don't really care about what he said or did in the past. It is not necessarily an indication of present actions. However, we do know what kind of person Obama is and what he stands for (and doesn't stand for).

My point is simple: if you voted for Obama, you knew exactly the kind of person you were voting for. He made no effort to hide his stance on guns. If you are trying to claim or imply otherwise (eg: Flipper 348), you are simply delusional or ignorant. Again, I don't fault people for voting the way they do. It is their right. But I do fault people for being ignorant.
If Republicans keep thinking that only thing a candidate needs is an (R) by his name, this country will keep electing Democrats.
Old 03-20-2013, 21:10   #131
50 Cent

As long as the R's show some spine and simply say no - thats it!

The gun-grabbing by the Demorats is the cataylst to stop Comrade zero and his merry band of Bolshevik swine.
Old 03-20-2013, 21:13   #132
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:

Really, republicans or conservatives either one, are not wanted by the people who populate Massachusetts.
And for the record, Romney is a liar. But the bill he signed was an improvement over what was already in place.
Romneys response to the theater shooting shows he has no interest in gun restrictions unless it is politically useful.
Obama WANTS gun restrictions. He always has. And he fits right in with the democrats who have a desire for gun restrictions in their actual party platform.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:21   #133
frank4570
Feral human

YOUR party has gun restrictions as it's platform. The guy YOU voted for wants an assault weapons ban and always has. YOUR party is working to ban gun rights right now.

Suggesting republicans are gun grabbers is stupid. They are the ones stopping you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Your bias does not change the facts.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
Governor Romney

http://www.wnd.com/2003/04/18391/

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gun...ald-Reagan.htm

http://www.gunowners.org/a041403.htm

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:57   #134
Braken

They are just breaking the gun legislation bill down to easier to swallow bites.

You just watch they will get one or two new laws passed, then it'll be on to another.

You don't chop down the tree of Liberty with one mighty swing of the ax, you use several well placed firm ones.

Last edited by Braken; 03-20-2013 at 21:59..
Braken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:58   #135
sputnik767

Quote:
If Republicans keep thinking that only thing a candidate needs is an (R) by his name, this country will keep electing Democrats.
Nowhere in my post did I mention Republicans or Democrats. I only mentioned Obama and Romney, ie: the two people that mattered in the most recent election. You didn't address any of my points.
Old 03-20-2013, 22:04   #136
N4LP

Quote:
Nowhere in my post did I mention Republicans or Democrats. I only mentioned Obama and Romney, ie: the two people that mattered in the most recent election. You didn't address any of my points.
Romney didn't get elected because for most people gun rights are not the only, or most important issue. Romney was a horrible candidate who's only upside, to most people, was the (R) by his name. That's not enough.
Old 03-20-2013, 22:05   #137
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
But he does not have the votes. He will if there is another Sandy Hook or two though.

.....so would mittens
The difference is, you knew exactly what you were getting in voting for Obama. He made no effort to hide his stance and even flat-out stated his support for an AWB. If you try to pretend that this is not the case, you are delusional. I obviously don't know how Romney would have acted and probably never will. Neither will you. Speculating on potential candidates is one thing, knowing beforehand is a little bit different.

If the gun issue is not something that is important to you and for whatever reason Obama suits you better, that's perfectly fine. Again, I don't fault you for your choice. But the only thing you ended up being "right" about is the fact that Obama pushed for an AWB and other restrictions the first chance he had. You knew that very well going in, and you got exactly what you voted for.
Old 03-20-2013, 22:12   #138
sputnik767

Quote:
Romney didn't get elected because for most people gun rights are not the only, or most important issue. Romney was a horrible candidate who's only upside, to most people, was the (R) by his name. That's not enough.
I don't disagree with you there. But that's not the issue being discussed. The electability of Romney or any other Republican for that matter is certainly up for debate, but Obama's stance on gun control is not. If anybody who claims to stand for the 2nd amendment voted for Obama, I certainly question their judgement. To me it's not a (D) vs (R) issue. I vote for people who happen to best represent my point of view. Out of the two sides, I dislike both of them. But I vote republican because they claim to stand for the issues that I care about most (at least on paper).
Old 03-21-2013, 00:05   #139
glock031

Democrats hate traditional USA. They have total disregard for our constitution. They hate the founding fathers. They are anti-American unpatriotic and a disgrace to our flag and American way. Some enablers are just plain stupid and can't read the tea leaves.

Obama's is right liberal democrats didn't build it they want to take it. FBHO FDEMS..
Old 03-21-2013, 03:24   #140
eccho

Quote:

Yeah, that happened, the difference I see though is Barack Obama implied he would support a new AWB and Mitt Romney didn't during the debates, and while you could argue Mitt Romney might have flip flopped on this, and you might even be right, I didn't see a more pro gun candidate on election day that had even a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:37   #141
Restless28

Not all democrats are alike. The political world is not as black and white as some of you believe. Neither are republicans.

If y'all would pay more attention to politics instead of emotion, you will see that senators up for reelection in 2014 are campaigning now in their states. Pryor and Landrue(sp) are prime examples of democrats in red states.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 22:20   #142
Slug71

I send those batch(from Ruger, Hornady, Remington...etc) emails out every week.

I just emailed Sen.s Ted Cruz and Rand Paul asking them to introduce a bill with permanent protections(apparently the COTUS isn't enough to many) of "Assault" weapons and "High-cap" mags. These two seem to be on a roll lately on a number of things, so figured it would be worth the shot.
Hope more some folks here will do the same.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 17:17   #143
seed

Don't know if it was said yet (if so, it bears repeating), but the AWB is not dead by a long shot. It can be added at any time as an ammendment just like the '94 AWB was. Now is not the time to relax...nor perhaps will such a time ever exist.
seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:04   #144
fg17

we always have to stay vigilant. But we can be happy for small victories. When I was younger my state did not have open carry, concealed carry and guns had to be cased in vehicles. That's all changed. I have seen enough back and forth to not get that worked up. A lot of new and young shooters do not realize its all happened before. The fight is never over, but the constant gloom and doom gets old. But that's what keeps the needed donations coming in.
fg17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:40   #145
Glock-a-holic

So am I correct in my understanding that her bill can still be added as an amendment later? I thought I heard something about this earlier.
I am impressed that AlexanderArms didn't make it as 1 of the named manufactures on her AWB.
Glock-a-holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:51   #146
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
We still need to vote them out of office.
I agree.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 23:53   #147
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock-a-holic View Post
So am I correct in my understanding that her bill can still be added as an amendment later? I thought I heard something about this earlier.
I am impressed that AlexanderArms didn't make it as 1 of the named manufactures on her AWB.

Correct. No doubt it will happen too.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 00:40   #148
FOFCON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braken View Post
They are just breaking the gun legislation bill down to easier to swallow bites.

You just watch they will get one or two new laws passed, then it'll be on to another.

You don't chop down the tree of Liberty with one mighty swing of the ax, you use several well placed firm ones.

You are exactly right. They know that a bill that includes everything they want, it is dead in the water. However, you break it down into bite-size pieces and they get a little something passed here, a little something there and so on and so on. First will be background checks, then they will attempt hi-cap magazines again, then who knows what.
As it stands right now, they probably have the votes to get the "gunshow loophole" passed in the form of more background checks. They are making it sound good and easy for everyone by saying that it will be easy to go online and do the check, not to have to do them for family or close friends (how the hell do they know that), etc. But, there will be enough Dems and Repubs that want to say "they did something to help stop the violence" that it will probably get passed.
After that, watch for another attempt at hi-cap magazines.
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor
FOFCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44   #149
seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fg17 View Post
we always have to stay vigilant. But we can be happy for small victories. When I was younger my state did not have open carry, concealed carry and guns had to be cased in vehicles. That's all changed. I have seen enough back and forth to not get that worked up. A lot of new and young shooters do not realize its all happened before. The fight is never over, but the constant gloom and doom gets old. But that's what keeps the needed donations coming in.
Respectfully, I disagree that we can feel good about anything right now. This is a war...the biggest one for this issue we will have ever seen. It is just beginning. The AWB not coming to pass on its first go-around is nothing more than the first of infinite rounds, yet to come. In fact, judging by the past (1994), it is not even the completion of the first round. It will be ammended again and again and again. Meanwhile, Bloomberg is ratcheting up his imitation of a rival king with more money than the king. He wants this so bad, mostly to prove his reach of power and also to disarm his subjects as he sees us...not just in New York, but everywhere.
seed is offline   Reply With Quote