SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:49   #101
frank4570
Feral human

Now is the time to start pushing hard.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10   #102
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
As usual, I was right.

....no, I don't get tired of it
We are going to lose more of our rights this time, just like every other time the Democrats attack the second Amendment. And you are the cause. Stop pretending you are in favor of gun rights.

Go try to buy a de-militarized m14.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57   #103
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Quote:
As usual, I was right.

Wasn't the guys you voted for pushing hard on this? Ie Obama and biden? The people you support want our gun rights but were stopped for now by mostly republicans. You're not for gun rights and neither is any other democrat. You have no business even posting in these threads. You weren't right about anything.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07   #104
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
As usual, I was right.

You don't get it. You don't even see where the consistency lays.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53   #105
PAGunner

Take the tinfoil hats off none of this crap is going through, keep up the pressure writing congress, keep donating to the NRA, keep buying at normal prices and go to rally's if you can... The statists can dream, we will not give 1 inch!
Old 03-20-2013, 14:16   #106
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Take the tinfoil hats off none of this crap is going through, keep up the pressure writing congress, keep donating to the NRA, keep buying at normal prices and go to rally's if you can... The statists can dream, we will not give 1 inch!
Tinfoil Hats? They only dropped it because they knew they didn't have the votes because of Republican led opposition. They are going to introduce new legislation which will be designed to pass, which includes universal background checks. Backdoor registration. And it will probably go through. Sans AWB.

You are giving good advice but the statement "None of this crap is going through" is dreaming.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 03-20-2013, 15:32   #107
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
If another Sandy Hook happens tomorrow, the bill will pass with an assault weapons ban AND a magazine ban.

There are currently 4 supreme court justices who believe we don't even have the right to own a gun. That's how close we are right now.

Old 03-20-2013, 15:34   #108
somebodybuymeaglock

Sen. Murray- we will have awb amendment/

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 15:38   #109
Rotn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
If another Sandy Hook happens tomorrow, the bill will pass with an assault weapons ban AND a magazine ban.

There are currently 4 supreme court justices who believe we don't even have the right to own a gun. That's how close we are right now.
Unfortunately, this is 100% correct.

We are one armed mental case away from a problem.

The other side will keep pressing this issue as long as we are alive. Time is on their side. They will not let a crisis or tradegy go to waste.
Rotn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 16:01   #110
PAGunner

Quote:

Sadly we do have 4 horrible activist SCOTUS justices, but another Sandy Hook can happen and not one person in power will change their mind on how they vote. Universal Background checks may make it out of the senate, but it's DOA in the House.

I don't trust anybody in DC, but this battle has/is being fought and we're winning. I predict 2014 big wins for the GOP, at that point only positive 2a legislation will be discussed... Of course 2016 is a crap shoot, all bets are off at that point. If Hillary gets in, she'll likely have D control and we've seen what Clinton plus democratically controlled house and senate can yield.
Old 03-20-2013, 16:03   #111
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:

If gun owners value their rights, they are going to flood the Senate and House with pro gun legislators in Nov '14.

Fortunately, we responded well after Clinton pulled this nonsense... hopefully we do the same in '14.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 16:50   #112
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Sadly we do have 4 horrible activist SCOTUS justices, but another Sandy Hook can happen and not one person in power will change their mind on how they vote. Universal Background checks may make it out of the senate, but it's DOA in the House.

I don't trust anybody in DC, but this battle has/is being fought and we're winning. I predict 2014 big wins for the GOP, at that point only positive 2a legislation will be discussed... Of course 2016 is a crap shoot, all bets are off at that point. If Hillary gets in, she'll likely have D control and we've seen what Clinton plus democratically controlled house and senate can yield.
Universal background checks are probably going to make it through the House too. The anti's are working very hard to make it appear that it is a "common sense" thing to do and show that a large majority of voters support it. I am not as confident as you are that this approach will not turn a few heads in the House.

And I will add that IF another Sandy Hook happens, and the call for "action" becomes great enough in popular opinion, a majority of politicians will follow suit.

Last edited by skorper; 03-20-2013 at 16:59..
Old 03-20-2013, 16:56   #113
porschedog

All those here who voted for O'bama need to be ashamed.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 16:56   #114
RonS

I wonder if any gun owners go to progressive sites and pretend to be libtards who support freedom, justice and individual rights?

Nah, probably not.
Old 03-20-2013, 17:01   #115
AF-Odin

And, I just heard on the radio that the POS Biden is DEMANDING that Reid put the AWB back on the table. Didn't he get the memo about his stupid shotgun advice??
Old 03-20-2013, 17:14   #116
skorper
harborrat

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...nate-bill?lite

The last three paragraphs of that article are telling.

Last edited by skorper; 03-20-2013 at 17:17..
Old 03-20-2013, 17:40   #117
sputnik767

Quote:
As usual, I was right.

Wait, you voted for Obama, right? The same guy that was using Biden to curtail our 2nd amendment rights by actively campaigning for AWB and magazine restrictions, as well as an end to private sales? If I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't asleep for the past few months, I got that one right. Sorry, but the only reason you were "right" is because there are more people willing to stand up and voice opposition to his plans, so that it could be defeated. You voted for the guy who made his agenda very clear from the start, and you got exactly that. The only reason why he did not succeed this time was because he still doesn't have enough support in the legislature. Unfortunately with people like you, that may not last long. And while you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will not fault you for voting as you see fit, I will absolutely fault you for being ignorant to what is going on.
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 18:14   #118
RonS

Anyone dumb enough to believe that Obama, Biden and Reid aren't dancing a carefully crafted farce is too dumb to vote. Good cop, bad cop act.
Old 03-20-2013, 18:55   #119
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

The Okie Corral
Old 03-20-2013, 19:09   #120
Glock23/17
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love Cruz...he knows how to push her buttons
Glock23/17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 19:32   #121
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
True, even if mittens had won. Face it, it's not an Obama issue, it's a 'nut-job with a firearm' issue.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
Governor Romney

And no, I don't get tired of always being right.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 19:38   #122
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedog View Post
All those here who voted for O'bama need to be ashamed.

Far from it, sorry!
Old 03-20-2013, 19:42   #123
sputnik767

I can play the quote game too:

OBAMA: I believe in the Second Amendment. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence.

ROMNEY: Yeah, I'm not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We of course don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country, to have automatic weapons. What I believe is we have to do is to make enormous efforts to enforce the gun laws that we have and to change the culture of violence we have. And you ask, how are we going to do that? Good schools, to give people the hope and opportunity they deserve, and perhaps less violence from that. But let me mention another thing. And that is parents. We need moms and dads helping raise kids.

No, Romney isn't perfect. Nobody is. But he is better than what we got. How's that "being always right" working out for you?
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 19:54   #124
frank4570
Feral human

The democrats have banning guns as their party platform. They don't even need a reason. They just want a chance.
If we didn't have democrats in the government there would not be any threat to gun rights. Democrats are the problem.
You are the problem.

Quote:
True, even if mittens had won. Face it, it's not an Obama issue, it's a 'nut-job with a firearm' issue.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
Governor Romney

And no, I don't get tired of always being right.

Old 03-20-2013, 20:40   #125
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

[QUOTE=frank4570;20108278
If we didn't have democrats in the government there would not be any threat to gun rights.
[/QUOTE]

Your bias does not change the facts.

Governor Romney

http://www.wnd.com/2003/04/18391/

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gun...ald-Reagan.htm

http://www.gunowners.org/a041403.htm