SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:53   #1
tpdtom

Send a message via Yahoo to tpdtom
Glock 30S Holster

Last week I saw a G-30S for sale at the range. The price was $640. I've been a little out of touch lately to the gun world but I thought it would fill my needs for a .45 ACP self defense weapon. I really didn't realize how hard they are to find, but I did know they had just been intruduced at S.H.O.T. So I bought it immediately and just in time because while I was filling out the paperwork some other customer called to buy it. They had taken delivery on two and sold them both the same day !

I function tested it with some Gold Dots with the predictable great results, reloaded and left. A couple days later I started to look online for a holster. Well, the first 3 or 4 makers I checked didn't have molds for the new gun. The only one I did find that offered them was Crossbreed. The interesting thing was that in their availability list they lump it together with the G-36 . In other words you order a holster for a G-36 or a G-30S/not SF. I was surprised due to the thickness of the 30SF frame. I know the slide is a G-36 but since the G-36 is a single stack I was kinda confused that the same holster could be used. On this forum there has been a lot of conflicting info at to which other designated holster models might fit. I'm fussy about retention etc so I wanted to be sure.

I called Crossbreed and spoke to 2 people. The guy I ended up talking with was very knowledgeable and he said they had discussed this at length with the Glock reps at S.H.O.T. and they decided that a G-30S would fit perfectly in a G-36 holster. Seems the slide thickness is the critical factor.

I always was a devotee of Lou Alessi and his CQC-S OWB holster. I've worn many of his and other makers holsters, both OWB and IWB and that particular rig on a good stout belt is most comfortable for me. So long story short, I called Skip Ritchie who is carrying on the Alessi tradition and ordered one for the G-36. He was very gracious and tried to buy my gun lol, but said that he hadn't seen one or made a holster for one yet either. He offered to make it, and ship it to me to be tested, and then take it back if it didn't work for some reason ! Invoice to be held back until I reported back to him ! Talk about great customer service ala Uncle Lou !

Of course I don't have it yet. Skip quoted me about 8 weeks, but said he was shooting for 4-6. I thought this might be interesting to other new G-30S owners . Ritchie Leather and Skip Ritchie are a class act !
tpdtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12   #2
GRT45
Transform & Win

Thanks for the feedback. More information about holster options for the new G30S is welcome.

GT member dryflyelk found a number of factors can determine fit of the G30S in existing G19/23/26/27 holsters. Holsters with a leather backing/shield or all-leather models have the best chance of fitting, while holsters made entirely of kydex and molded specifically for the G19/23/26/27 may not fit. The slightly wider frame below the rails of the G30S and a wider trigger guard may prevent a good fit. Buyer beware, try them before buying. His G30S review is linked below and queued to the relevant holster footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rFe5kU#t=8m48s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 03-29-2013 at 08:13..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 16:14   #3
dasanii19

I love my local shop, they don't gouge on prices just because the market is how it is. My shop had two 30s in stock for a few days, surprisingly nobody snagged any... Finally after work (acouplecdays later) I called to see if they still had any which they did, so I drive down and bought one. $459 plus tax. I ordered 4 crossbreed holsters which should be here in a few days, I ordered 4 because I was really indecisive on what options I wanted and figured I could just sell off the 3 I didn't want.
dasanii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 23:09   #4
tpdtom

Send a message via Yahoo to tpdtom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post
I love my local shop, they don't gouge on prices just because the market is how it is. My shop had two 30s in stock for a few days, surprisingly nobody snagged any... Finally after work (acouplecdays later) I called to see if they still had any which they did, so I drive down and bought one. $459 plus tax. I ordered 4 crossbreed holsters which should be here in a few days, I ordered 4 because I was really indecisive on what options I wanted and figured I could just sell off the 3 I didn't want.
$495 is the Glock suggested retail. You're right, in the current market that is a SMOKIN' deal ! In metro Detroit all the dealers are sold out of all guns appropriate for CCW, not just Glocks...Tom
tpdtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39   #5
Rcsteffen

In Hickok45's review of the 30S, he fits it into a couple of G19 holsters. I use G19 holsters for my 36 as well. Looking hard at the 30S now.
Rcsteffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 18:27   #6
SCmasterblaster

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
Old 03-21-2013, 19:36   #7
dasanii19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtom View Post
$495 is the Glock suggested retail. You're right, in the current market that is a SMOKIN' deal ! In metro Detroit all the dealers are sold out of all guns appropriate for CCW, not just Glocks...Tom
Sorry I meant $559. Oops
dasanii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 19:43   #8
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post
Sorry I meant $559. Oops
That's more like it . . . . .
Old 03-21-2013, 19:51   #9
xy9142

I live close by Ritchie leather and have many of their holsters. Skip is a pleasure to deal with....fantastic quality also. Highly recommend Ritchie products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xy9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 14:25   #10
giants

glock 30s holster

I open carry,so I use a serpa cqc..I tried a glock 30 cqc but I have to wiggle the 30s for it to fit in.It moves around while I walk..I tried the glock 19 serpa but the 30s doesn't fit just right.I wonder if a serpa is in the making for the 30s?
giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16   #11
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants View Post
I open carry,so I use a serpa cqc..I tried a glock 30 cqc but I have to wiggle the 30s for it to fit in.It moves around while I walk..I tried the glock 19 serpa but the 30s doesn't fit just right.I wonder if a serpa is in the making for the 30s?
I OC often when I go into NH, and I use a Bianchi 4/4L for my G17.
Old 03-28-2013, 16:33   #12
thesilverbullet

i have three custom fitted foxx iwb hybrid holsters for my g19, g21 & g36. the g36 holster fits my G30S good. but the g19 holster fits both my g36 and 30S much better than the g36 holster... note that the slide width of the g19, g30S & g36 are all the same....

Last edited by thesilverbullet; 03-28-2013 at 16:38..
thesilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28   #13
joatmo
Under treatment

I have the Bianchi Allusion Suppression for my 30S. It was made for the 17/19/23 but it fits great.

I can't remember what it is i'm supposed to forget.

Last edited by joatmo; 09-05-2013 at 06:23..
joatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08   #14
pens-66

Most kydex holsters will most likely have to be purchased for a standard G30/30sf as the frame are still the same and most kydex holsters focus in the trigger guard area for retention. There's a nice Comp-tac infidel for sale here in the holster section ;-)
pens-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 13:39   #15
oldgoat378

I posted about this quite a while ago but maybe it bears repeating. I have had an awful time finding a good concealed carry holster for the Glock 30 until I happened upon the Remora IWB holster which has no clips on it. I simply place the holster/w G30 IWB and it stays there. I can jump up and down or do anything else to try to dislodge it and it ain't going to happen. At least it hasn't happened to me? I love it. www.remora.com

oldgoat
oldgoat378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:53   #16
myglockisa23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat378 View Post
I simply place the holster/w G30 IWB and it stays there. I can jump up and down or do anything else to try to dislodge it and it ain't going to happen. At least it hasn't happened to me? I love it. www.remora.com

oldgoat
I'm using the same holster.... I take it off when driving... used in the small of the back when packing.... It's very comfortable to me....
Old 03-05-2014, 05:44   #17
cadillacguns

I have found mine fits most but not all of the G-27 holsters I currently use.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 16:23   #18
fdnw1745

Try here, got mine not a bad turn around time and offer a discount for Emergency Services personnel. https://www.vigilancetactical.com/store/
fdnw1745 is offline   Reply With Quote