GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23   #21
fuzzy03cls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
No! Businesses are trying to make money?
Not businesses,..... individuals.
Quote:
But the right approach is to wait for prices to come down to normal, and THEN stock up....
And that is what I will do.

Last edited by fuzzy03cls; 03-20-2013 at 07:25..
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10   #22
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Warp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NE of Atlanta
Posts: 30,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
Not businesses,..... individuals.
What!? That's crazy! Individuals aren't allowed to make money. This is America!
__________________
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20   #23
Lord
Senior Member
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,048
Monarchs and Tul were about $5 per 20 round box.
the monarchs also had 50 round boxes for about $30 - $35
__________________
Lord
PPQ M2, G-19, PT-140 Pro, PT-111 Pro, Core-15
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 20:44   #24
gunsnhoses
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
You had people that were stealing ammo for you?

Please tell me that's not true.
Exactly what I was thinking. Please explain why having family in law enforcement gets YOU free ammo?
gunsnhoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:24   #25
DrtyHarry
Senior Member
 
DrtyHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnhoses View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. Please explain why having family in law enforcement gets YOU free ammo?
Well, I have a rather large chunk of land down south in Bama and a few different agencies use my land to perform different kinds of practice drills. I even get to play with some of their new toys they test.

I don't charge them, all I ask is that they let me handle the firearms. Sometimes they leave me a case or two of ammo. So is it considered "free"....well, depends on how you look at it. I make them burgers and hotdogs when I know they are coming.

I never ask them for anything....I'm just glad I can help them out where I can.




DH
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:30   #26
ddbtoth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cheap lifetime NRA member
Posts: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
Well, I have a rather large chunk of land down south in Bama and a few different agencies use my land to perform different kinds of practice drills. I even get to play with some of their new toys they test.

I don't charge them, all I ask is that they let me handle the firearms. Sometimes they leave me a case or two of ammo. So is it considered "free"....well, depends on how you look at it. I make them burgers and hotdogs when I know they are coming.

I never ask them for anything....I'm just glad I can help them out where I can.




DH
Badge Bunny






























sounds like a fair trade-think others are jealous you get free ammo and don't really have to worry about the midnight door kick\gun confiscation without at least a heads up.
__________________
"I have no pity" Francis Dolarhyde

"Thank you, but I would rather die behind the chemical sheds."
ddbtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:07   #27
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
I just wanna see Wolf again for $229/1000 shipped. Damned shame, because those prices weren't even that long ago...
You got that right, brother. Ammo prices are skyrocketing!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13   #28
DrtyHarry
Senior Member
 
DrtyHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddbtoth View Post

sounds like a fair trade-think others are jealous you get free ammo and don't really have to worry about the midnight door kick\gun confiscation without at least a heads up.
LOL, that's probably right. Like I said, I never ask them to give me anything....just ask to handle and in a few cases shoot some of their toys. I should invite them more often to help me stock up....lol.




DH
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 18:33   #29
Kalmah
Supreme Member
 
Kalmah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,441
In Nov 2011, I paid $289/1000 shipped for Federal XM193 from Brownells. I think that was last time I bought any.
__________________
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Kalmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55   #30
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
In Nov 2011, I paid $289/1000 shipped for Federal XM193 from Brownells. I think that was last time I bought any.
Those prices are long gone.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 515
142 Members
373 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31