SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:49   #81
Gator Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
I get what you are saying and I think you did the right thing but to extrapolate a bit, at some point in a situation like that I would ask myself "Why are these friends of hers not intervening? What do they know that I don't?"

Likely they are just "pussing out" but I would wonder.
Why are AMERICANS "pussing out" & not Swarming down to the Border to shore it up and slow the flow of the illegals rat packing our country ?
Gator Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51   #82
clancy

I have seen guys "pussing out" on more than one occasion. It seems the more people there are, the more likely they will all wait for someone else to take care of whatever problem is at hand.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51   #83
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
As a Militia Sergeant ( almost 3 years Training) in Largest Militia in America (California State Militia) and a CCW holder in a State of almost 40 million people with less than 50 k in CCW issued and a SEA of Criminals & Illegals being released from overcrowded prisons and rampant Local crime skyrocketing due to revolving door at Jails, I feel that having a CCW in California is the true fleshing out of the term "Sheepdog".
So you believe that having a CCW makes you a protector of the public? You actually espouse that is the purpose of legally carrying a concealed personal defense side arm?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53   #84
clancy

Quote:
Why are AMERICANS "pussing out" & not Swarming down to the Border to shore it up and slow the flow of the illegals rat packing our country ?
Fear of prison is one likely reason. Wanting to keep our jobs is another.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53   #85
Gator Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
So you believe that having a CCW makes you a protector of the public? You actually espouse that is the purpose of legally carrying a concealed personal defense side arm?
I can Protect myself and thus in doing so protect anyone who would be behind me .
Old 06-18-2014, 09:54   #86
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
What would these people "swarming" actually do?

Do you think you are going to use force on other people?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 06-18-2014, 09:55   #87
Gator Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Fear of prison is one likely reason. Wanting to keep our jobs is another.
But the Bundy Ranch was worth it ? (Go Figure)
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56   #88
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I can Protect myself and thus in doing so protect anyone who would be behind me .
You seem to have this desire to be one who bears arms to protect people and hunt evil

Why dont you actually do that? There are some really fine options available.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:00   #89
Gator Monroe

Quote:
What would these people "swarming" actually do?

Do you think you are going to use force on other people?
Liaise with Local or State Law Enforcement, (Be Deputized) by Sheriffs , volunteer to assist Local or State Law Enforcement Neighborhood Watch/Community Watch/Citizen Patrol...
Old 06-18-2014, 10:02   #90
Gator Monroe

Quote:
You seem to have this desire to be one who bears arms to protect people and hunt evil

Why dont you actually do that? There are some really fine options available.
You are incorrect and reaching again ...
Old 06-18-2014, 10:05   #91
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Liaise with Local or State Law Enforcement, (Be Deputized) by Sheriffs , volunteer to assist Local or State Law Enforcement Neighborhood Watch/Community Watch/Citizen Patrol...
And what if Law Enforcement doesnt want the help because it sees what you are doing as more of a liability than an asset?

Old 06-18-2014, 10:07   #92
M&P15T
Beard One

I have not read all of this thread;

IMHO, a decision to get involved or not get involved is both person and situation dependent. I can imagine situations where I might get involved, and other situations where I wouldn't.

For instance;

If I see a group of ********* militant jihadists attacking a school bus full of nuns and children, with RPGs and AKs, I'll get involved. All that COD playing (training) should be put to use.

If I see two guys shooting at each other on a street corner, I will not get involved.

And there are limitless other possibilities, that I wouldn't have an answer to until they were happening right in front of me.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:10   #93
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
You are incorrect and reaching again ...
You said what you said. Your words are very clear. You want to bear arms to actively solve problems. If that is not correct, you need to express yourself better. You cant put this on me.

Quote:
As a Militia Sergeant ( almost 3 years Training) in Largest Militia in America (California State Militia) and a CCW holder in a State of almost 40 million people with less than 50 k in CCW issued and a SEA of Criminals & Illegals being released from overcrowded prisons and rampant Local crime skyrocketing due to revolving door at Jails, I feel that having a CCW in California is the true fleshing out of the term "Sheepdog".
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-18-2014, 10:10   #94
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Personally, my boss would probably fire me since I can't do that and be at work on time.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15   #95
clancy

Quote:
And what if Law Enforcement doesnt want the help because it sees what you are doing as more of a liability than an asset?
There you go, ruining his Walter Mitty fantasy!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:26   #96
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

Batman is that you?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:26   #97
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
There you go, ruining his Walter Mitty fantasy!
Yes. You see the point.

He wants to go forth and do justice. I totally get that. I respect that.

...and there are wonderful options to do that including options that can work around most anyones life, if they want it bad enough. There are 5 branches of the Military along with part time opportunities with the reserves and Guard. There are also about 1 million brothers in blue at police agencies all over this country....including reserves positions. You can go to a part time academy and then work a few days a month.

The problem with those options is they require you to prove yourself. You are also going to have to become part of a team that is accountable to each other and the law.

Not everyone can do that and not everyone wants to. The fantasy of being a lone gunman or holding close to the mantra of "I could have but...." is a lot easier than actually doing.

If we are going to run with the sheepdog construct, to be a sheepdog means you have a contract with the sheep. It is a job. Sheepdogs are not rogue.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:41   #98
Gator Monroe

LOL at all the Sheeple in this thread
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47   #99
Gator Monroe

Quote:
Yes. You see the point.

He wants to go forth and do justice. I totally get that. I respect that.

...and there are wonderful options to do that including options that can work around most anyones life, if they want it bad enough. There are 5 branches of the Military along with part time opportunities with the reserves and Guard. There are also about 1 million brothers in blue at police agencies all over this country....including reserves positions. You can go to a part time academy and then work a few days a month.

The problem with those options is they require you to prove yourself. You are also going to have to become part of a team that is accountable to each other and the law.

Not everyone can do that and not everyone wants to. The fantasy of being a lone gunman or holding close to the mantra of "I could have but...." is a lot easier than actually doing.

If we are going to run with the sheepdog construct, to be a sheepdog means you have a contract with the sheep. It is a job. Sheepdogs are not rogue.
I have a CCW to Protect myself , In Shasta County there are many other folks with CCW and our Group (NCSM) Liaises with our Sheriff on Search & Rescue & Community Watch efforts and other events,most likely if there is a Rampant Shooter in a place with more than 10 people there will be more than one CCW holder there in Shasta County and most likely both will act to protect themselves from Death or Grievous bodily injury. thus not a Lone Walter Mitty Gunman
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54   #100
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I have a CCW to Protect myself , In Shasta County there are many other folks with CCW and our Group (NCSM) Liaises with our Sheriff on Search & Rescue & Community Watch efforts and other events,most likely if there is a Rampant Shooter in a place with more than 10 people there will be more than one CCW holder there in Shasta County and most likely both will act to protect themselves from Death or Grievous bodily injury. thus not a Lone Walter Mitty Gunman
Beside the fact that your math sucks (it is unlikely that more than 2% have a CHL....)

You want to actively insert yourself into armed law enforcement situations. Your words have been very clear.

If you want us to understand you, and you dont think we are, you need to be more clear. This is all on you.

Tags
ccw, sheepdog