GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 00:37   #26
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,964
For all we know the ammunition used was Colibri from a .22LR SNS revolver with a 1/2 inch cylinder gap.

Even if it was a decent pistol with CCI Mini Mags, there are plenty other freak incidents with larger common calibers.

You have to take into account the angle the bullet hit, the position the head was in, ect. From my experience, the .22LR with decent ammo is pretty good penetrator. Even from a 2.5 inch barrel CCI Mini Mags blow through a 2x4 like it isnt even there.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 00:45   #27
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 28,668


The cranial vault has kept out bigger rounds than the .22lr countless number of times in shootings. Any pin shooter will point out that anything less than a good solid hit straight-on can fail to knock the pin over due to its sloping surface...same with skull and especially so when soft lead RN bullets are involved.
__________________
...Then I found a place it's dark and it's rotted
it's a cool, sweet kinda-place where the copters won't spot it.
-T Hip
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12   #28
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
What the heck happened to that G20?
I can tell ya what happened to it "because" that is my hand, and my gun in the pic ! Why Wil Ufgood posted it here I do not know.

I do not mind I guess, but goes to show that folks can take your stuff off the internet any where and do what they want with it ! haha.

Simply.. It blew up while shooting WW Silvertips.. Hit search for any more info on it, i really do not want to go through the whole story, and it is on GT a cabillion times, and folks have posted it on other forum a cabillion times, and i seem to be the only one that knows how, why, where, because it is in MY hand and was MY gun !


Be safe !








CanyonMan
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-19-2013 at 09:13..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19   #29
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ufgood View Post
Caliber Corner


Hey hoss. Where did you find my hand and my blown gun this time ?

It seems to be popping up all over the internet..


Hilarious the ammount of NO information, to bad information, to "wrong" information, concerning MY gun that kaboomed !

Now it's on a " .22 " thread.



I need to start getting royalties off my pic !







CanyonMan
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27   #30
fotog54
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Don't know the .22 round details but used to know a guy who'd tried to commit suicide twice in front of the same woman...aimed it under his chin straight up. He survived both times...he'd been bald and had two craters in the top of his skull where the .22 bullets exited....and he didn't think very clearly anymore..

He did not think very clearly before the shooting!
__________________
Don't mess with old people, we know how to shoot!
fotog54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54   #31
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
You need to remember that the Western World's covert military agencies haven't, almost unanimously, used rimfire 22 LR caliber cartridges AND head shots for the past 50 years because the cartridge doesn't work. Read the book, 'Hit Team' about the Israeli Mossad's European operations during the mid 1970's.
Here's a short article on the subject:

http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34   #32
Cream Soda Kid
Senior Member
 
Cream Soda Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,252
A friend of mine was shot with a single .22. It entered his chest cavity through his right armpit, it pierced the top of his right lung, then the valve on top of his heart then the top of his left lung, it stopped against a rib on his left side.


He was able to walk under his own power into the house and collapsed. The surgeon told us his heart stopped 3 times on the operating table. They were able to keep him alive, but the damage to his heart required them to put in a pace maker.


He was 27 years old at the time that he was shot. He died a few years later due to complications from his injuries.


You never know how a round will affect someone, no matter what caliber.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51   #33
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88
 
Wil Ufgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Out There
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Hey hoss. Where did you find my hand and my blown gun this time ?

It seems to be popping up all over the internet..


Hilarious the ammount of NO information, to bad information, to "wrong" information, concerning MY gun that kaboomed !

Now it's on a " .22 " thread.



I need to start getting royalties off my pic !







CanyonMan


Google search Glock Kaboom. Your G20 is famous Bro.

Can't believe that happened with Silvertips, kinda sucks.
__________________
Jimmy Feldman: A stretcher for his balls?
Wil Ufgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58   #34
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,836
There's no doubt that .22s can kill. But drop an armed and murderous opponent? Not likely.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23   #35
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,964
They were doing it wrong
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 13:23   #36
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ufgood View Post
Google search Glock Kaboom. Your G20 is famous Bro.

Can't believe that happened with Silvertips, kinda sucks.



Yeh i know amigo... I did not mind ya using it, that was not the point.. I just found it amusing that every where on the net i go.... "There i am ." ! haha.

It does get me how folks post that pic and "make up some dang story," or they post it and misquote the real story, or use NO story at all, or make it their own !

I had this happen with some of our ranch pics with our horses, "our ranch itself," me, the game cam pics we have of a cougar dragging off a big buck deer by the throat, and "many, many more.." Man I am getting famous as you said, but all the tribute goes to most of the whack jobs posting our stuff as if it were theirs !


Internut ! Whatta gonna do man !


Glad you liked my misfortunate Kaboom ! haha.


BTW.. for the OP.. I know that 22's kill, and 22mags kill, and even out of the NAA 1 5/8" barrel, 22MAGNUM, when a head shot "can be made", even from this small barrel, it is "rare" that instant death does not occur.




Ok Wil Ufgood, have fun with my pic ! send your check or money order later... haha.



Be safe amigo !




CanyonMan
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-19-2013 at 13:25..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 16:10   #37
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!
 
Arc Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 10,956
Blog Entries: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Here's a short article on the subject: http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/
Quote:
Rachamim recently advised Tactical Weapons that during the commando raid on the Sabena Airline jet in 1972, he carried two spare magazines for his issued Beretta. After drawing his pistol and racking the slide, Rachamim recalls charging at one of the male terrorists while he “stabbed” his pistol out in front of him toward his target as he, “released rounds.” As he fired his pistol, Rachamim remembered being close enough to see some of his bullets hit the mark. The sight of blood draining from the dead hijacker’s mouth confirmed that the terrorist he engaged inside the crowded cabin would no longer pose a threat.
Thank you so much for that!

The above is a REAL WORLD example of what I’ve spent so much time trying to explain (without much success ) to all of these C-1 carry, ‘Glockeroo Cowboys’, here, on Glock Talk. (This, also, parallels my own REAL WORLD life experience; and, ‘puts the lie’ to much of these always popular, but, largely pseudointellectual remarks about the presumed vital necessity for C-1 carry.)

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENDANGER, BOTH, YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE WITH LOADED CHAMBER (C-1) CARRY IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE WITH A PISTOL. WHAT A COMPETENT PISTOLERO REALLY HAS TO BE IS,

(1) POSSESSED OF A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF REAL WORLD (LIFE) EXPERIENCE,

(2) DEMONSTRABLY SKILLED AT HIS CRAFT, AND

(3) PERSONALLY DISCIPLINED WITH THE RIGHT MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ATTITUDES.


If someone sporting a carry pistol lacks the proper training, as well as ALL of the above physical and psychological prerequisites then, as far as I’m concerned, that person is no better than just another dangerous social goofball with a loaded gun who’s, out there, walking around in public - A goofball who constitutes himself as a viable potential threat to everyone with whom he comes into personal contact, including himself.

(I doubt, though, that I’m going to garner any, ‘merit badges’ for continuing to point this out!)

REFERENCE: http://www.tactical-life.com/tactica...mossad-22-lrs/

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-19-2013 at 16:38..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 21:26   #38
bunk22
Senior Member
 
bunk22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
There's no doubt that .22s can kill. But drop an armed and murderous opponent? Not likely.
That makes no sense lol Yes, it can kill but only if it's not an armed and murderous opponent? So a .22 round has a different effect on that type of opponent? The article posted just proved otherwise. I have an article here, that shows an large intruder was killed with a single .22LR shot while a 100lb teenage girl took 4 rounds from 230gr 45 (ball ammo) at point blank range and not only survived but walked two blocks to a bus top to call 911. I guess those 45 are only for armed and murderous opponents The point of the article was calibers can have a different effect on a body depending on what the bullet hits. The .22 round above entered the mans chest, deflected off bone and into his heart. Died very quickly.
__________________
-Glock Gen 4 G17/G19; Gen 3 G17
-Sig P226 Navy/220 Elite/M11-A1D/1911 TACOPS/M400
-XDM 45/Walther PPX M1

bunk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 13:24   #39
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,914
That's what 22Magnum is for! Seriously though, 22mag uses real jacketed bullets not copper plated or copper washed. From a short barrel loaded for short barrels, 40 and 50 gr. 22mag out-penetrates 85 and 90 gr. 380. First hand tests in water jugs, five gallon buckets of wet & dry sand and sheets of plywood. All FMJ. This is from a 2" S&W 351 and 3" Kahr P380.

EDIT: I see the 380 was actually 90 and 95 gr. not 85 and 90.

Last edited by gatorboy; 03-20-2013 at 13:27..
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46   #40
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post


Yeh i know amigo... I did not mind ya using it, that was not the point.. I just found it amusing that every where on the net i go.... "There i am ." ! haha.

It does get me how folks post that pic and "make up some dang story," or they post it and misquote the real story, or use NO story at all, or make it their own !

I had this happen with some of our ranch pics with our horses, "our ranch itself," me, the game cam pics we have of a cougar dragging off a big buck deer by the throat, and "many, many more.." Man I am getting famous as you said, but all the tribute goes to most of the whack jobs posting our stuff as if it were theirs !


Internut ! Whatta gonna do man !


Glad you liked my misfortunate Kaboom ! haha.


BTW.. for the OP.. I know that 22's kill, and 22mags kill, and even out of the NAA 1 5/8" barrel, 22MAGNUM, when a head shot "can be made", even from this small barrel, it is "rare" that instant death does not occur.




Ok Wil Ufgood, have fun with my pic ! send your check or money order later... haha.



Be safe amigo !




CanyonMan

I've never met you CM but you're too cool and too 'real' (even on the interwebs) to be FOS. We need a CM pic thread to sticky. Take care brother.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:54   #41
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Soda Kid View Post
A friend of mine was shot with a single .22. It entered his chest cavity through his right armpit, it pierced the top of his right lung, then the valve on top of his heart then the top of his left lung, it stopped against a rib on his left side.


He was able to walk under his own power into the house and collapsed. The surgeon told us his heart stopped 3 times on the operating table. They were able to keep him alive, but the damage to his heart required them to put in a pace maker.


He was 27 years old at the time that he was shot. He died a few years later due to complications from his injuries.


You never know how a round will affect someone, no matter what caliber.
Damn, sorry about your loss. Indeed, you never do know.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:09   #42
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
A coworker of mine survived .32 to the head, 2 to the lower torso and 1 to the leg..... from her then husband, all from arm length distance's.

Sometimes shot placement is not the key......
I guess that he could afford a divorce . . . . .
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 14:55   #43
Cream Soda Kid
Senior Member
 
Cream Soda Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
Damn, sorry about your loss. Indeed, you never do know.
Thank you.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 16:55   #44
Mattkcc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 160
The cases I've seen the 22 to the head did the job, none of those folks are around to complain. I've also seen people survive 357 and 30-06 rounds to the head, 22 round nose bullet easily penetrates the skull and normally zip around in the skull instead of exiting. What makes them so dangerous in a head shot is the hole quickly gets plugged and pressure builds up and you die. The 357 head shot survivor walked out of the hospital several weeks later, granted he didn't walk real well but he did walk. He had two nice big holes in his head that didn't get clogged, the exit of course being much larger.
Mattkcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 17:08   #45
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
I can tell ya what happened to it "because" that is my hand, and my gun in the pic ! Why Wil Ufgood posted it here I do not know.

I do not mind I guess, but goes to show that folks can take your stuff off the internet any where and do what they want with it ! haha.

Simply.. It blew up while shooting WW Silvertips.. Hit search for any more info on it, i really do not want to go through the whole story, and it is on GT a cabillion times, and folks have posted it on other forum a cabillion times, and i seem to be the only one that knows how, why, where, because it is in MY hand and was MY gun !


Be safe !








CanyonMan
You had eye protection, I hope?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 20:15   #46
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
You had eye protection, I hope?

Walmart reading glasses...

Thanks amigo !




CM
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 20:28   #47
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
I've never met you CM but you're too cool and too 'real' (even on the interwebs) to be FOS. We need a CM pic thread to sticky. Take care brother.

Wow, thank you amigo ! I rarely get "nice comments through the day any more.." It is always 'refreshing' to know I'm not FOP ! At least you said I aint. Ha. I get called alot of things on the ranch sometimes ! haha.

I don't know how 'cool' I am, at least my grandkids think I am. ha. But I sure have strived all my life to be 'real,' and just be me... Folks can take me or leave me I rekcon.

As for a 'CM pic thread....' Man That's not only going to fill up GT, but liable to run everyone off. ! HaHa.. I got a little 'album' under my 'veiw public profile' thing on here, we probably best leave it at that man ! ha.



Thanks gatorboy !



Watch your six pard. No one elese will !





CanyonMan
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 03-21-2013 at 20:34..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 20:35   #48
Emmett4glock
Senior Member
 
Emmett4glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
The second story doesn't say if the parents were killed.
The suspect was booked in the Grant County Juvenile Center for two counts of attempted homicide and will go before a judge Monday afternoon.
For future developments with this story, read Tuesday’s edition of the Columbia Basin Herald.
— Herald staff
Emmett4glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 13:32   #49
Darkangel1846
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,678
When I was a paramedic I hauled a number of GSW, a large portion were .22LR wounds. some were accidental, most were arm, hand, leg wounds. But the head wounds a good third of them died in route. chest and abd wounds usually survived.
But if that little bullet hits your brain, your Aorta, or some other large vessel your chance of dying are good.
__________________
Peter 5:8
"Be sober, be vigilant; Because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour."
Darkangel1846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 17:25   #50
Paul53
Geezer Boomer
 
Paul53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rosa's Cantina
Posts: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Ufgood View Post
Caliber Corner
Alex, what is how not to assemble a Glock?
__________________
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again."

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:22.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 955
233 Members
722 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42