Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:17   #1
Robert44

Confused Regarding Winchester 147gr 9mm Ammo

Hi All. I'm confused about Winchester 147gr 9mm ammo. I have some 147 grain PDX1 ammo that states on the box that it passes the FBI testing requirements. I also see reference to the Winchester Ranger 147gr T-series Law Enforement ammo with the "RA9T" code on the box. Are these the same loads in different boxes? Are both bonded ammo? And, are both of these the latest generation of ammo from Winchester?

For better or worse, I would like to use the same ammo the FBI selected. I think they use .40s though??? I wonder if some agents use 9's and this Winchester ammo is what the FBI selected for them?

I have some medical issues and like the low recoil of the 9mm over larger calibers. I would like to use the same ammo the FBI chose for 9mm (if that exits). I have researched this but the more I read the more confused I am! Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!!!
Robert44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32   #2
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert44 View Post
Hi All. I'm confused about Winchester 147gr 9mm ammo. I have some 147 grain PDX1 ammo that states on the box that it passes the FBI testing requirements. I also see reference to the Winchester Ranger 147gr T-series Law Enforement ammo with the "RA9T" code on the box. Are these the same loads in different boxes? Are both bonded ammo? And, are both of these the latest generation of ammo from Winchester?

For better or worse, I would like to use the same ammo the FBI selected. I think they use .40s though??? I wonder if some agents use 9's and this Winchester ammo is what the FBI selected for them?

I have some medical issues and like the low recoil of the 9mm over larger calibers. I would like to use the same ammo the FBI chose for 9mm (if that exits). I have researched this but the more I read the more confused I am! Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!!!
The Winchester 9mm 147 gr. PDX1 uses the same bullet that the Winchester RA9B does which is the bonded version of the unbonded RA9T.

The RA9T and the RA9B (or PDX1 if you want) FBI test protocol results can be found here:

http://winchesterle.com/SiteCollecti...20Protocol.pdf

The Winchester 9mm PDX1, RA9B and RA9T pass the FBI test protocols.

You are all set.

Last edited by M 7; 03-18-2013 at 10:40..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00   #3
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
The Winchester 9mm 147 gr. PDX1 uses the same bullet that the Winchester RA9B does which is the bonded version of the unbonded RA9T.

The RA9T and the RA9B (or PDX1 if you want) FBI test protocol results can be found here:

http://winchesterle.com/SiteCollecti...20Protocol.pdf

The Winchester 9mm PDX1, RA9B and RA9T pass the FBI test protocols.

You are all set.

Good info. Thanks.
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 14:51   #4
Robert44

Thanks!!!
Robert44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 16:50   #5
SCmasterblaster

You can almost always get your technical questions answered here in GT.