SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:13   #126
triggerjerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by myglocksrock View Post
Yes, Mccain is no different than obama other than one is a republican and one is a democrat, anyone who thinks we would have been better off with mcain is delusional, Romney would have been better not because he himself is any better than obama but because he would have been pressured to be conservative. Mcain is the biggest piece of garbage ever he disgusts me
I tend to agree with this.

How many republicans stayed home on election day because Romeny wasn't "conservative enough"? It seems some were willing to let Obama win to prove their point about not liking Romney for one reason or another . . .
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 16:59   #127
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by myglocksrock View Post
Yes, Mccain is no different than obama other than one is a republican and one is a democrat, anyone who thinks we would have been better off with mcain is delusional, Romney would have been better not because he himself is any better than obama but because he would have been pressured to be conservative. Mcain is the biggest piece of garbage ever he disgusts me
There you go, you make my point perfectly about voters. So you really think McCain, as squishy as he is, would have been a worse president than the POS we have now? Really? Now who is delusional? I have never seen a Republican candidate that wouldn't do a better job in ANY position than a hard core liberal like Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. Voters are the problem. When only 30% of people know who the VP is after 4yrs, yeah serious problem. When voters can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils is better than voting pure evil, yeah serious problem.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 17:04..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 17:02   #128
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Talk about thread drift!!!
If you don't think ammo availability is about the current political climate, then you are not paying attention.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 04-17-2013, 17:39   #129
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
If you don't think ammo availability is about the current political climate, then you are not paying attention.

Of course it is & that's why GT has a Political Forum.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 21:13   #130
fredj338

Quote:
Of course it is & that's why GT has a Political Forum.
Well, if you don't want to respond, don't. I don't appreciate anyone telling me when, where or how I should respond, here, in any public forum, or anywhere else for that matter, thread drift or not.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 21:14..
Old 04-17-2013, 21:49   #131
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Well, if you don't want to respond, don't. I don't appreciate anyone telling me when, where or how I should respond, here, in any public forum, or anywhere else for that matter, thread drift or not.

Fred, calm down or I'll report you to Feinstein & Boxer!!

Old 04-17-2013, 22:00   #132
fredj338

Quote:
Fred, calm down or I'll report you to Feinstein & Boxer!!

Along with Pelosi, they already have me watched by a special detail.

Last edited by fredj338; 04-17-2013 at 22:01..
Old 04-18-2013, 19:10   #133
Tiro Fijo

Fred, yes I know that everything right now is VERY political. Your POV is my POV on this. When it comes to hunting I value your opinion and that of Canyon Man at the top of the heap as you fellas have a lot of "flight time" in the field.

The good news is that some prices are dropping at the jobber level and availability is supposedly coming back. I heard that from a dealer today who said he just got in a boatload of ammo from Ellet Bros. and that some of his prices have indeed dropped. Hopefully, that is a sign of a light at the end of the tunnel.......................

or an oncoming train.
Old 04-18-2013, 21:54   #134
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You'll know it has loosened up when all (or the majority) of the Walmarts, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Academy, etc etc have a varied selection of ammo and no purchase limits.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 04-18-2013 at 21:55..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 23:53   #135
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
You'll know it has loosened up when all (or the majority) of the Walmarts, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Academy, etc etc have a varied selection of ammo and no purchase limits.
Yep, that & the bigger on line places start taking orders again.
Old 04-19-2013, 13:36   #136
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
fredj338:

I have never seen a Republican candidate that wouldn't do a better job in ANY position than a hard core liberal like Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. Voters are the problem. When only 30% of people know who the VP is after 4yrs, yeah serious problem. When voters can't see that voting for the lesser of two evils is better than voting pure evil, yeah serious problem.

Amen Fred !

Just passing through....

I went into Dallas last weekend to a large gun show there, and the tables were more void of large selection of guns than usual, and also ammo.

I hand load everything pretty much, so this was not a real concern to me personally, as far as "buying ammo" goes, but was 'personal' on the basis of being an American, and seeing what liberal weaners have done, and doing, to this country.

They don't bring peace, they weild the sword of fear to the people, and the people get into "Panic" (shame on them) and that too, causes the shortages we now see in many areas of life. It is a domino effect... If "I" get started, I'll probably be banned from GT, I would not be as polite as my good amigo Fred was, so I'll leave er' there..

What ammo was there, was 30-ish dollars per 20 for Hornady XTP's and $99.00 for a 100ct. box of WWB 230gr 45acp !!!

Glock prices were 600.00 to 800.00 for a G20, and pushing 600.00 for most other models.

I went there to get a new Sig and got one, but paid a bit more for it than I wanted to, but it was the only one left, I went a long way, and I wanted the gun, so I got it...

P220R 45acp Extreme:

Caliber Corner

Caliber Corner

Had to show it off boys...

I am now busy at the bench.... Ha !

I did notice as we went into a Walmart there (and I hate these stores ha) their shelves were BARE. No pistol ammo, and hardly a box of rifle ammo. Same story at the Cabela's in Mckinney, Tx. Again, glad I hand load, and would suggest to everyone who does not to start while ya can...

So, before I get on the the trail of these political pollcats, and all the other stuff I could share, I'll just say, hold on fellas, and don't panic. Fear is not healthy, and only leads to depression and more fear, and on and on...

Good shooting, and everyone stay safe !

God bless ya.

CanyonMan

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 04-19-2013 at 13:41..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48   #137
carbuncle
is not cool.

I think the ammo situation is loosening up right now, I'm seeing local stores with all calibers in stock (maybe just one brand of each rather than a selection, but they have ammo) pretty regularly over the last couple weeks. For whatever reason Walmart is still empty, but there are several things that may be going on there, at both he local store and national supply chain levels.

Posted from my car phone.
Old 04-26-2013, 13:12   #138
Rev.357

It's getting better! Just last night I got 250rds from our walmart it's the frist time in 6 months!
NRA Pistol Instructor
SC CWP Instructor
Rev.357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 13:28   #139
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.357 View Post
It's getting better! Just last night I got 250rds from our walmart it's the frist time in 6 months!
Try again next month & get back to me. One of the biggest chain gun shops out here has some ammo form time to time, but nothing like it did 6m ago. No, it's not getting better yet. less worse maybe, but not better.
Old 04-26-2013, 15:49   #140
voomie

It will still be a while. Starting to see ammo that was close to my max price point last night but it was all bought up by morning. Suppliers still have to catch up on back orders.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
voomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:31   #141
Upgrade

Picked up 1,000 rounds of .40 for .46 per round this week. That's the cheapest I've been able to find it so I jumped on it. Hours later they were sold out. I see it trickling in right now.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:37   #142
porschedog

The local BPS has 32 S&W and 17 caliber rounds in great supply. The stuff we actually use? Not so much.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 20:07   #143
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Ammo comes and goes, does not look like it is getting any better yet. Proposed legislation on gun powder will make things even tighter.
Old 04-27-2013, 16:26   #144
triggerjerk

How about a 9mm 100rd value pack for $122.95
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/winc...0-p-75537.html

The above tells me things are NOT loosening up.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 17:20   #145
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post

I am so glad that I reload.
Old 04-27-2013, 18:32   #146
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post

I don't know how you can make such a huge conclusion based on one product at one retailer.

CTD wants $1,500 for 1,000 rounds of XM855. But guess what? I paid about $0.25 per round less than that for MK262 recently.

Using one outlier as as your data point just doesn't do much for you

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 04-27-2013, 19:38   #147
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
...CTD wants $1,500 for 1,000 rounds of XM855. But guess what? I paid about $0.25 per round less than that for MK262 recently...

You actually paid $1,250 for 1k of 5.56??!!

Old 04-27-2013, 20:16   #148
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
You actually paid $1,250 for 1k of 5.56??!!

No, I paid $252 shipped for 200 rounds of mk262.

If you know of a better price, anywhere, for mk262, please, let me know. Those have always been expensive, long before the panic, even.

Here is some reading:

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2012/03...-mod-1-review/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/406469_.html

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....lls+77gr+match

The last 1,000 round quantity of 5.56 I bought was a 1,000 round case of PMC XTAC XP193 last week. I paid $445 shipped for the 1k.

I paid a little more than that recently for IMI M193 from Wideners though. I'm sorta regretting that one. $1,400 shipped for 2,400 rounds of the IMI, which is $0.585 per round.

The cheapest I've paid recently was a couple weeks ago when I got 500 rounds of Wolf .223 for $165 shipped.

Sad days.

Last edited by Warp; 04-27-2013 at 20:18..
Old 04-27-2013, 23:13   #149
fredj338

Quote:
No, I paid $252 shipped for 200 rounds of mk262.

If you know of a better price, anywhere, for mk262, please, let me know. Those have always been expensive, long before the panic, even.

Here is some reading:

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2012/03...-mod-1-review/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/406469_.html

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....lls+77gr+match

The last 1,000 round quantity of 5.56 I bought was a 1,000 round case of PMC XTAC XP193 last week. I paid $445 shipped for the 1k.

I paid a little more than that recently for IMI M193 from Wideners though. I'm sorta regretting that one. $1,400 shipped for 2,400 rounds of the IMI, which is $0.585 per round.

The cheapest I've paid recently was a couple weeks ago when I got 500 rounds of Wolf .223 for $165 shipped.

Sad days.
Well that is $1250/1000??? I can't believe guys are paying that kind of $$ for 223???
Old 04-28-2013, 09:00   #150
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Well that is $1250/1000??? I can't believe guys are paying that kind of $$ for 223???
But I didn't pay $1,250 for 1,000. There is a difference. A difference of about $1,000.

If you want to make statements/judgement calls about it, please answer these questions:

1) Are you familiar with mk262?

2) Did you read any of the links I posted above?

3) Are you aware of how much mk262 cost before the panic?

4) Are you aware that 5.56 and .223 are two different cartridges, and I clearly posted that I bought 5.56, thus when you make a statement about people paying that much "for .223" you are factually incorrect, aka wrong?

5) Can you please find an available source of mk262 for less than what I paid?

Thank you in advance.