GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2013, 14:21   #376
rick_p

This morning at Academy around 11 am they had plenty of 22, 9, 40, and 45 in stock. It is still kept behind the customer service counter with a limit of 2 boxes per caliber. I picked up a couple boxes of 9mm blazer brass 115g for 13.99 per box.
rick_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 22:07   #377
tenforme

wow i just checked GunBot and ammo rices are waay down. 22lr 10c/rd. 10mm .40c/rd etc., lots of choice and every caliber is available in bulk. Looks like the hoarders and scalpers are finally out of the picture.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 22:13   #378
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
wow i just checked GunBot and ammo rices are waay down. 22lr 10c/rd. 10mm .40c/rd etc., lots of choice and every caliber is available in bulk. Looks like the hoarders and scalpers are finally out of the picture.
Really? When 22lr gets back to 4-5c a round, get back to me.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 00:50   #379
Speleothem

I actually passed up ammo at Wal Mart today.
They had five boxes of .45 WWB, but with tax
it was about 47 cents a round; I've been doin'
better than that on line with a little work.
Speleothem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18   #380
ChrisJn

Local Walmart this evening had mountains of WW box and Tula .40S&W. $19.97 a box, limit three boxes.
Sales person said they only sold one box all day

Last edited by ChrisJn; 07-25-2013 at 01:21.. Reason: add price
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11   #381
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I actually passed up ammo at Wal Mart today.
They had five boxes of .45 WWB, but with tax
it was about 47 cents a round; I've been doin'
better than that on line with a little work.
I think that's a good indication. I'm glad to see online prices going below WM. Once that happens, I wonder if the sporting goods clerk's will better understand their job description. I guess it was good for them while it lasted.

Other than trying to pick up 223 ammo for 35 cents/round, I really have no reason to go to walmart for ammo now. I haven't checked their shelves in a month or so. 223 ammo online is not yet below WM prices, but it's getting better by the day.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:57   #382
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Ha yes we can hope.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:33   #383
Kichigai
気違い Was Mr30s

still empty shelves around me and the walmart app is now showing inventory unavailable for many items and many stores so i dont know whats going on down here
Kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21   #384
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I paid about $0.068 per round for quality .22lr just recently, not that bulk 550 round junk.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 13:12   #385
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I paid about $0.068 per round for quality .22lr just recently, not that bulk 550 round junk.
In general, that is NOT the going price & you know that. I can cherry pick a deal here & there too. When everyone is selling common ammo for reasonable prices & NOT limiting the amount, then we are getting back to a "normal". That just isn't happening across the country yet & I think we are pretty far off.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 14:40   #386
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
In general, that is NOT the going price & you know that. I can cherry pick a deal here & there too. When everyone is selling common ammo for reasonable prices & NOT limiting the amount, then we are getting back to a "normal". That just isn't happening across the country yet & I think we are pretty far off.
I never said, and did not intend to imply, that we were back to "normal".

No, in general that is not the going price. But then I have purchased thousands and thousands of rounds of ammunition this year, and I paid below the 'in general going price' on all of it.

What I was just referring to was Aguila purchased from the CMP and I had to wait about 3 months for delivery. But it's pretty good ammo that was, now that I check, more like $0.066 per round. Case (5k rounds) quantity.

You just have to know when/where to look, be patient, and jump when an opportunity presents itself.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 17:46   #387
John Biltz

Went by Cabelas yesterday and they took their limits off centerfire ammo. Shelves were well stocked with everything except 9mm, they were out of that. That is a pretty good sign.
Old 07-25-2013, 19:12   #388
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Biltz View Post
Went by Cabelas yesterday and they took their limits off centerfire ammo. Shelves were well stocked with everything except 9mm, they were out of that. That is a pretty good sign.
That's an absolute sign things are getting closer to normal. They pull they're limits when the inventory is lasting longer than it takes to get the next shipment. At that point, they were losing sales.

BTW, I think wal-mart is ordering less ammo. I checked my local wal-mart while I was in there today. Shelves still bare of the ammo doesn't sell as fast (i.e. .40, steel cased anything, hydrashoks, etc.). However, all of the gun stores are almost fully stocked. The person at wal-mart said they haven't even received anything in a while.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 00:00   #389
Glock26z

Being a wholesaler,our prices never went up. I got complaints from my customers that Walmart wasn't putting them out. Well,I went to 2 Walmarts in Nebraska to day,and,found out they werenot puting them out. And,we sold them the ammo. I talked to the head manager of both Walmarts and showed them a fax that they received the ammo a week ago and told people that they were out. I told them that I would go back in their stock room and make sure they put out the ammo on the shelves. I did,And the manager was having a cow with the employees that were in the sporting goods division of the 2 stores in Nebraska. I told them to sell the ammo at $5.00 dollars above wholesale. The shelves are completely full with handgun ammo and more trucks will be on their way each day and pricings will come down. I faxed Walmart corporate on the incident also.
Glock26z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 00:15   #390
Cirdan

Went to the Crossroads of the West gun show in Reno NV today, plenty of ammo. Everything except 22 LR, and decent prices.
Colt/Walther 1911 .22
Windham SRC
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 00:23   #391
ETNSHOOTER

Went to Academy Sports today in Knoxville Tn. 3 boxes of 38 Blazer ammo........thats it. Oh yeah, plenty of shotgun ammo. Ive not seen 22 lr for 8 months now. God, I hate Democrats.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Ohub Campfire mobile app
ETNSHOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 00:43   #392
rilkil23

Sportsmans warehouse has moved the ammo back to the hunting section where they were keeping it all behind the customer service counter since November 2012. It's still limited calibers/quantities but it seems to be getting a little better. Limit of 3 boxes per caliber still apply.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
rilkil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:21   #393
Cirdan

[QUOTE=rilkil23;20496203]Sportsmans warehouse has moved the ammo back to the hunting section where they were keeping it all behind the customer service counter since November 2012. It's still limited calibers/quantities but it seems to be getting a little better. Limit of 3 boxes per caliber still apply.

It's a mixed bag at the SW in Reno. Most calibers are out in hunting, but the high demand ones (223 & 9 mm) are still at customer service. No 22 LR.
Colt/Walther 1911 .22
Windham SRC
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:47   #394
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETNSHOOTER View Post
Went to Academy Sports today in Knoxville Tn. 3 boxes of 38 Blazer ammo........thats it. Oh yeah, plenty of shotgun ammo. Ive not seen 22 lr for 8 months now. God, I hate Democrats.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Ohub Campfire mobile app
They must be shipping it all here. At normal prices.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 13:10   #395
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26z View Post
Being a wholesaler,our prices never went up. I got complaints from my customers that Walmart wasn't putting them out. Well,I went to 2 Walmarts in Nebraska to day,and,found out they werenot puting them out. And,we sold them the ammo. I talked to the head manager of both Walmarts and showed them a fax that they received the ammo a week ago and told people that they were out. I told them that I would go back in their stock room and make sure they put out the ammo on the shelves. I did,And the manager was having a cow with the employees that were in the sporting goods division of the 2 stores in Nebraska. I told them to sell the ammo at $5.00 dollars above wholesale. The shelves are completely full with handgun ammo and more trucks will be on their way each day and pricings will come down. I faxed Walmart corporate on the incident also.

I heard in a gun shop last week that a mgr. at a Walmart was axed in TX because he was caught funneling ammo to his buddies. Again, hearsay.....but from a reliable source.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 17:28   #396
barth
six barrels

Still looks like World War III broke out at a Super Walmart near me.
There was 1 box of PDX1 40 S&W a few boxes of .270 and shotgun shells.
Basically totally empty shelves for months now.

I'm concerned that Obummer and his minions may need to be dragged out of office before things really stabilize.

Sad now...

Last edited by barth; 07-29-2013 at 17:29..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 00:07   #397
WilliamDahl

Went to a local Wal-Mart today and say a few boxes of .45ACP, .40SW, and 9mm. Saw more than just a few boxes of .380, .223, and 7.62x39 along with various rifle calibers that I don't shoot. They still have a sign saying that they are limiting purchases though.
WilliamDahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 13:39   #398
curlysir

At the Super Walmart today and bought a Remington Mega Pack of 40 S & W and 2 boxes of Tul Brass Maxx 9mm. 22 LR was also in stock as well as 45 ACP.

This is the first time in months that they have had any pistol ammo on the shelves.
Old 08-16-2013, 14:27   #399
barth
six barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
Went to a local Wal-Mart today and say a few boxes of .45ACP, .40SW, and 9mm. Saw more than just a few boxes of .380, .223, and 7.62x39 along with various rifle calibers that I don't shoot. They still have a sign saying that they are limiting purchases though.
I did run across three boxes of WWB 100 value pack 45 ACP at Walmart two weeks ago.
I asked and they still have a three box limit per customer regardless of caliber.
So I bought all three.

There was two boxes of 357 Magnum also.
The the guy behind me immediately bought those two boxes.

Last edited by barth; 08-16-2013 at 14:28..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 18:41   #400
Camdenbullit52

I've seen tons of reasonable 9mm from the reloaders, $15-$16.50 a box delivered to my door.....tax free!! Fine for the range.

Last edited by Camdenbullit52; 08-16-2013 at 18:42..
Camdenbullit52 is offline   Reply With Quote