SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2013, 19:23   #301
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by berfles View Post
High shipping and still price gouged. $40 for 100rds of .40 target ammo?
It's around the same prices as places like bass pro shops. If you buy the 50 rounders, it's likely a little more per round. You just have to find something else to buy if you are going to pay the shipping fee. If you can spread the cost out, you can easily get within 5 bucks of those prices, if not cheaper.

The limit of 1 each is keeping the cost up too high for me, but it's available much cheaper than the local gunstores. The only real difference between this and most of the big box stores, is this is instock for over a day running.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 14:12   #302
Coffee Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
As soon as the Federal Gov't quits buying up so much ammo. First, we get rid of the Kenyan in the White House.
AMEN!

Goodbye 2nd. Amendment--You control the Ammo--you control Guns.
Coffee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 18:13   #303
mboylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Dog View Post
AMEN!

Goodbye 2nd. Amendment--You control the Ammo--you control Guns.
The government isn't buying any more ammo than it did last year. Most of the news you are seeing is reserve to purchase at a certain price.

We are doing this to ourselves. Pure panic. If you fail to see this, you are part of the problem.
mboylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 22:46   #304
berfles

Went to Walmart tonight, shelves are still bare except for shotgun ammo.
berfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:04   #305
Coffee Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboylan View Post
The government isn't buying any more ammo than it did last year. Most of the news you are seeing is reserve to purchase at a certain price.

We are doing this to ourselves. Pure panic. If you fail to see this, you are part of the problem.
Sorry you got the wrong impression I was trying to make-sorry. In new Jersey the state is trying to make illegal
online ammo purchases--thus giving control to area sporting good stores. To take that a step forward once you are purchasing ammo in the store the store has to run a background check on you--this could take a while before being approved. These pending laws have been approved by NJ Assemble and are waiting to be signed into law by Chris
the Govenor- This is what I meant by Gov't control of ammo
I see the panic in NJ stores. So I am not the problem.

PS Ammo panic buying + laws making it harder to buy Ammo +
Gov't buying ammo plus the State is considering putting
information about your firearms & ammo status on NJ
drivers lic. + limiting rounds of ammo in magazines:

Making ammo purchases tough along with tons of paperwork just to buy ammo and then waiting for a period of time to be approved to purchase ammo is nothing less than
Control of Ammo.

Last edited by Coffee Dog; 06-08-2013 at 07:18..
Coffee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:37   #306
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by berfles View Post
Went to Walmart tonight, shelves are still bare except for shotgun ammo.
That's pretty much the case in most places. They put their stuff out in the morning and people line up to get it. I guess I have a lucky situation for me because our local wm only puts ammo out in the evening. So, the usual bunch can't just show up in the morning with their coffee to chat with their buddies they've made friends with over the last few months. They probably already have set deals worked out with each other to buy the calibers they don't need. Mine can put it out anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30. So, if you truly think you must have the value packs of 22LR, you better plan to get there around 5:00 and possibly 2 1/2 hours. It's not worth it for them, so people just randomly show up throughout that window. You likely won't get the value pack items of sought after ammo (22LR, .223), but you stand a very good chance of grabbing 45, 40, 9mm, 38 spc, etc. You can even get the small packs of 22LR. I just swing by on my way home from work, but I haven't been but maybe once in the last 2-3 weeks.

As for the online local guys, prices are getting very close to the store prices. They are just tired of sitting on stockpiles of ammo that isn't selling at their inflated prices, while their wives yell at them because the credit card bills have spiked and need to be paid.

This is a self-inflicted market. I have had plenty of opportunities to make money on this, but I haven't made a cent. However, I have hooked up family and co-workers. When I call them and tell them I picked up 300 rounds of 9mm or 45 for them, they think I have some kind of uber connection. I was just looking for 223 and eventually had to stop buying 9mm just because "it was a available." My LGS now stocks PMC 223 pretty regularly at $9.99, so I have no desire to wait in line at wm to try to get theirs. The best I have found at wm is Remington and PPU 223 brass at $7.5 or $8. They regularly have the Tulammo at $5, but since I need the brass to reload, I just pass.

Now that my LGS and places like Midway have stock back in, I have no desire to fuel the issue and make this drag out through the end of the year. This should be over soon. There just isn't much available margin left for the scalpers right now. It's getting thinner by the day. When they can no longer upcharge and people run out of their infinite room on their credit cards, this will be over.
Old 06-09-2013, 21:30   #307
attrapereves

Last time I went to Walmart, they had a few boxes of 40SW and 45ACP, plus rifle ammo and shotgun ammo. 22LR and 9mm still sells out quickly.
Old 06-09-2013, 22:35   #308
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

russia effectively disarmed its populous by not making or allowing the import of any ammo once available. it then made the 9mmMak round issued only to its military and or police.....after a few decades you had gun owners with no ammo....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:33   #309
JabbaNoBother

If you live in a free state and willing to pay a little more...there is a TON on the interwebs.
Old 06-10-2013, 13:37   #310
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaNoBother View Post
If you live in a free state and willing to pay a little more...there is a TON on the interwebs.

I cruised Gunbroker last night and damn near fainted!!

It's unbelievable the amount of scumbags who have ammo posted at post-apocalyptic event prices!!!
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 13:55   #311
JabbaNoBother

I've pretty much warded off GB for anything ammo related, its sad really. I wouldn't give any of them deliberate gougers one penny. But there are plenty of retailers that have 'ok' prices which I'll certainly give business...some with wicked fast shipping too boot.
Old 06-10-2013, 14:08   #312
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

http://freebeacon.com/a-billion-bucks-in-bullets/

Shortage? What shortage? Silly rabbit.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 21:14   #313
08Dawg

Still seeing .45 pretty readily available in my area (NW Louisiana). The LGS had five 100 rd boxes of .45 WWB on the shelves this afternoon and I believe quite a few smaller boxes. Wal-Mart had at least one 250 round pack of it, too. Haven't even sniffed 9mil lately, though. .40's been fairly easy to come by with a little patience.
08Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 15:12   #314
Kichigai
気違い Was Mr30s

still zero available in south florida
Kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 15:57   #315
GoBigOrange

I stopped by my local Wal-Mart yesterday. The only thing they had was 00buck.

The clerk said the same group of guys is waiting every morning at 0700 and buys everything up.

Very frustrating. It's been 7 months since Sandy Hook, I wish people would stop hoarding.
Old 06-12-2013, 18:37   #316
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
I stopped by my local Wal-Mart yesterday. The only thing they had was 00buck.

The clerk said the same group of guys is waiting every morning at 0700 and buys everything up.

Very frustrating. It's been 7 months since Sandy Hook, I wish people would stop hoarding.
Many are re-selling on the interwebs.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 18:41   #317
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Many are re-selling on the interwebs.
Same thing here in South Florida.

Idiots wait for stock to come out, buy it all up
and then sell it on FL guntrader for double.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33   #318
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
Same thing here in South Florida.

Idiots wait for stock to come out, buy it all up
and then sell it on FL guntrader for double.
Bingo. That's exactly what's happening. This will continue until it is no longer profitable for them to resell WM ammo. The online price is inching closer to the WM price. Once they get within a few bucks, it will be over.

I think the all walmarts should do what my local WM does. They bring all ammo out at a random point in the evening. It could be 5:30. It could be 7:30. Either way, there is no easy way for someone to just camp out unless they plan to spend 3 hours in line. Time is money, and the resellers aren't willing to dedicate the time to wait that out. If you want ammo, just pass by around 7:00, and you'll likely get something. If not, just try again another day. You actually get ammo because you don't have the guys who wipe it out regularly. The places that put it out at 7:00 AM make it simple for these clowns to plan their whole day around it, and clean up. They likely have their coffee in hand while they ch|t chat with Bill and Frank in line.

Last edited by newgene; 06-13-2013 at 05:35..
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31   #319
newgene

So, how are all the non-walmart places doing with supply? I have stopped going in walmart because they are only getting in target ammo, and I'm stocked up. Last night was another 9mm and 22LR night, but I didn't even go. Now, today it will be wiped out again for the most part I'm guessing. They have also had the 50 count 44 mag wwb boxes for $32 consistently. Nobody buys them from the week before.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:36   #320
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
So, how are all the non-walmart places doing with supply? I have stopped going in walmart because they are only getting in target ammo, and I'm stocked up. Last night was another 9mm and 22LR night, but I didn't even go. Now, today it will be wiped out again for the most part I'm guessing. They have also had the 50 count 44 mag wwb boxes for $32 consistently. Nobody buys them from the week before.
At least in my AO 9mm and .22LR are nearly impossible to find.

Sgammo.com (a place I highly recommend) finally had GT 7.62 in stock. As I thought all along once things startled to settle down, prices are up 10-20%. Even better, even though they had almost 900 cases it didn't sell out in an hour or even a day - they had some in stock as of a few days ago (its gone now).

Ammoman has .357 in stock and not for $50-$60 a box like the past 8 months. Yeah, its foreign but at least 1) its in stock 2) a manufacuturer I've at least heard of 3) "reasonably" priced compared to the past few months.

Its not you can't find 9mm...but Lucky Gunner has PMC Bronze for $780/1,000. American Eagle at $750/1,000. Seriously, who is running magazine after magazine if every time it costs $15.

I understand sell it for what you can; but places like LG need to realize I shoot/buy a lot. I'm a pee on - but some places will never get my business again.