Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-24-2013, 17:01   #241
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
Huh? Hotpig has Federal Tactical HST 9mm 147gr P9HST2 50 rounds at $25.90.

Brass Cased premium ammo

If you buy 500 rounds he even knocks off $1 a box. If the best you can find is $39+ a box for 50 rounds...you aren't looking hard enough

http://www.mahsupplies.net/

and Hotpig is where I have bought all my premium stuff...highly recommended.
As I am not currently in the market for it, nor am I responsible for providing that data point for purposes of this thread/discussion/wager, I didn't look very hard. That's his job, and is how we arrived at $279/1k (plus $25 shipping) for steel case ammo.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:45   #242
dougader

Just got 50 rounds Lawman 45 auto tmj for $21.97; 100 round WWB 40 S&W for 35.77; Federal AE 22LR for $18.80; they had WWB 9mm for $24.95/100 but I didn't need any so the guy behind me bought some.

It all depends on where you go and what you find. Shop on 2nd Street was selling the 45 Auto WWB for $70... but not to me.

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 19:44   #243
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Exactly how much time do you plan on taking?

It's been, what, a week or more? And you STILL haven't found the starting point?

Apparently ammo isn't actually currently available at the prices you seem to think it is.

Also...what part of "brass case" do you not understand?

If you want to change the parameters again, okay, we can do that. It is now for the best price on a 1,000 round case of ANY 9mm, including steel case Russian ammo.

The new starting point is $279 for 1,000 rounds of steel case 9mm. (plus $25 shipping) I will have to beat that by 10% later this year or next year.

Game on! (again)
Well Warped, as I noted earlier, not many guns shops around me & as much as I know that prices are not falling much going forward, I am not putting my life on hold to dirve around the few LGS to see if & what they have for sale. If I find somethin, I will photo the price & post it.
BTw, justt to keep you honest, I was not the one setting perameters, that was you saying brass cases. FIne, but you don't get to cherry pick a box off the net @ some ridiculous price & call it normal. If I find it, it will be brass cased. Either way, $13-$15 brass cases 9mm is history, never going to see it for that again. SInce Dougader has a source, let's use that shall we? Maybe he'll even go back & take a pic for us & post it? I'll even round it up to $12.50/50.
Quote:
they had WWB 9mm for $24.95/100
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-24-2013 at 19:50..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 20:08   #244
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Well Warped, as I noted earlier, not many guns shops around me & as much as I know that prices are not falling much going forward, I am not putting my life on hold to dirve around the few LGS to see if & what they have for sale. If I find somethin, I will photo the price & post it.
BTw, justt to keep you honest, I was not the one setting perameters, that was you saying brass cases. FIne, but you don't get to cherry pick a box off the net @ some ridiculous price & call it normal. If I find it, it will be brass cased. Either way, $13-$15 brass cases 9mm is history, never going to see it for that again. SInce Dougader has a source, let's use that shall we? Maybe he'll even go back & take a pic for us & post it? I'll even round it up to $12.50/50.
Yeah...maybe in the future ammunition will be available on the internet and you'll actually be able to put your money where your mouth is.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 05-24-2013, 22:50   #245
newgene

Quote:
...except that many online retailers are sold out, and they weren't charging 2012 prices when they sold out.

A few months? I want some of what you're smoking.
Yep, this will be done by the end of this year.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58   #246
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
Yep, this will be done by the end of this year.
A few months gets us less than halfway to the end of the year.

And I hope you are right, but I do not think we will have the supplies aand prices of a year ago anytime in 2013

Old 05-25-2013, 11:31   #247
fredj338

Quote:
Yeah...maybe in the future ammunition will be available on the internet and you'll actually be able to put your money where your mouth is.
Obviously you can't strike deals with libertarians, not unlike Dems, they like to set their own rules. I Dougard found WW, gave a price, why not go with that Warp? Oh yeah, doesn't fit your scenario? You seem to think the internet is the only price point?
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-25-2013 at 11:33..
Old 05-25-2013, 15:23   #248
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Obviously you can't strike deals with libertarians, not unlike Dems, they like to set their own rules. I Dougard found WW, gave a price, why not go with that Warp? Oh yeah, doesn't fit your scenario? You seem to think the internet is the only price point?
I don't recall having a wager with I Dougard.

I seem to recall, waay back in the beginning, suggesting that we use internet pricing because it is verifiable and is available to the majority of people.

But hey, keep trying to side track this by making it political for no reason at all, maybe your shortcomings won't be so noticeable.

Old 05-25-2013, 16:17   #249
fredj338

Quote:
As I am not currently in the market for it, nor am I responsible for providing that data point for purposes of this thread/discussion/wager, I didn't look very hard. That's his job, and is how we arrived at $279/1k (plus $25 shipping) for steel case ammo.
Try here
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...=0.87738667346
You r the only one I am aware of with shortcomings warp, common sense being one. Here it is, the benchmark price. Lets see where we are this time next year shall we. As u like, in stock, brass case, brand name

Last edited by fredj338; 05-25-2013 at 16:20..
Old 05-25-2013, 17:25   #250
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Try here
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...=0.87738667346
You r the only one I am aware of with shortcomings warp, common sense being one. Here it is, the benchmark price. Lets see where we are this time next year shall we. As u like, in stock, brass case, brand name
Is this your final answer?

$329.99 for 1k rounds from a membership-required retailer?

Last edited by Warp; 05-25-2013 at 17:25..
Old 05-25-2013, 22:42   #251
newgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgene View Post
I see this all wrapping up this year (or in a few months).
Quote:
A few months gets us less than halfway to the end of the year.
I still see this over by the end of the year. Yeah, likely not probably by the of the summer, but a fair possibility. So, I'm going with December 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM to put in my guess.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:10   #252
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I'm starting to see 9mm, .40, .45, and .22 LR again around here!

Maybe the tides are starting to turn!

Old 05-26-2013, 18:25   #253
tenforme

Finding adequate supplies of .40 S&W and 10mm online and prices seem to be falling.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 19:02   #254
Christopher67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
Finding adequate supplies of .40 S&W and 10mm online and prices seem to be falling.

Where you seeing the 10mm at?
Christopher67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 20:15   #255
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
Where you seeing the 10mm at?
I use Gunbot

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/10mm

Underwood have been shipping 10mm regularly for that past few weeks.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 21:44   #256
Christopher67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
I use Gunbot

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/10mm

Underwood have been shipping 10mm regularly for that past few weeks.

Awesome, thank you.
Christopher67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 21:45   #257
newgene

I saw a box of blazer alluminum 10mm at Academy yesterday. One box, but that's more than you would expect for a saturday night. However, tonight was the mother load. The walmart truck landed at about 6:00 PM, and by the time I got there at 10:00 there was still a tone of ammo left. Me and the wife grabbed one box of Remington 223, 2 boxes of wwb .45 100 count, 2 boxes of Federal 38 special 50 count, 1 box of 38 special Remington 50 count, and 1 box of 357 magnum Remington 50 count. When I left, there was a ton of 40 in both 50 and 100 count. That's a ton for a Sunday at that.

My brother said he was buying some kind of 22LR in 225 count for $9.96. Not sure what that was. Also, there was a ton of 223 Tulammo that I didn't even touch. I'm gonna shoot a ton tomorrow!
Old 05-26-2013, 22:16   #258
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

The shelves at my LGS are stocked again with most of the common hand gun calibers but cheap target ammo is priced at damn near $1 per round, not happy about that and certainly not buying there either.
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 23:08   #259
Cirdan

Brief surge of 9 mm, now it's all gone again. Ah well, I have stock.

Absolutely nothing local in 223/5.56.
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:36   #260
Kichigai
気違い Was Mr30s

I have been out of the gun hobby for a few years and just got back in. Was there ever a time you could just walk into walmart and expect say 45 ACP to be on the shelf?
Kichigai is offline   Reply With Quote