Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-16-2013, 21:36   #1
FLGlocker23

IWB mag holder question

I'm in the market for a IWB mag holster. Would love to bring my extra mags with me when carrying. I have 2 extra mags that came with my G23 so I was originally looking at double mag holsters.

But then someone mentioned that the rather large double mag holster can be quite uncomfortable. He suggested to me to get 2 individual mag holsters because they are usually much smaller and can be positioned more comfortably. Definitely made sense and got me thinking.

So just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this is. Especially from owners of both. Pros and cons and such. Because I'm torn between the two, but leaning towards the 2 single mag holsters now.

NRA Member - The fight is more crucial now than ever! Join the fight!
FLGlocker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 21:52   #2
glockman99

Get the 2 single mag holsters...You'll more-than-likely figure that one "extra" magazine is enough to carry with you...Especially if you are using hi-cap mags.

I carry one 13 round magazine as an "extra" to the 14 rounds that I carry in my G21...If I can't solve a "problem" with 27 rounds of 230 grain Speer Gold Dots, then I'm doing something wrong that more bullets more-than-likely won't solve.
glockman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 21:56   #3
FLGlocker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
Get the 2 single mag holsters...You'll more-than-likely figure that one "extra" magazine is enough to carry with you...Especially if you are using hi-cap mags.

I carry one 13 round magazine as an "extra" to the 14 rounds that I carry in my G21...If I can't solve a "problem" with 27 rounds of 230 grain Speer Gold Dots, then I'm doing something wrong that more bullets more-than-likely won't solve.
Definitely Good point. I guess an extra pro of the 2 singles is I have the option of a light load with the one extra mag or if I'm feeling a possible zombie apocalypse coming I can carry both.

Old 03-16-2013, 22:05   #4
glockman99

If you come to the point where you have to use your second magazine, I think you would be better off with it loaded with heavy JHP loads (or hardball), rather than light loads.
glockman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 22:12   #5
packeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
If you come to the point where you have to use your second magazine, I think you would be better off with it loaded with heavy JHP loads (or hardball), rather than light loads.
Not sure if serious, or making a joke... But I think he/she meant light as in only one mag vs two. Rather than light loads (ammunition) in the mags.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
packeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 22:57   #6
FLGlocker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
Not sure if serious, or making a joke... But I think he/she meant light as in only one mag vs two. Rather than light loads (ammunition) in the mags.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes you are right I wasn't talking about ammo weight I was talking as light load(1 mag) or heavy (both mags). Sorry that my wording was confusing.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:06   #7
Ati058

Just at about the time that I'm loading my third magazine during a gunfight is when I'd also be thinking; I should have brought my AR instead…
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21   #8
1canvas

carrying a two mag pouch carries like another gun. one extra mag should be enough in most situations, especially a high capacity mag.
Old 03-18-2013, 20:14   #9
SCmasterblaster

Try Bianchi

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08   #10
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGlocker23 View Post
I'm in the market for a IWB mag holster. Would love to bring my extra mags with me when carrying. I have 2 extra mags that came with my G23 so I was originally looking at double mag holsters.

But then someone mentioned that the rather large double mag holster can be quite uncomfortable. He suggested to me to get 2 individual mag holsters because they are usually much smaller and can be positioned more comfortably. Definitely made sense and got me thinking.

So just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this is. Especially from owners of both. Pros and cons and such. Because I'm torn between the two, but leaning towards the 2 single mag holsters now.

I "open carry" my extra magazine because nobody ever seemed to know what it is. It's one of those blackhawk mag pouches you can get at walmart for 10 bucks. I'd recommend you give that a shot.

Seriously it's been over a year and I've always had the thing on my belt, I've even carried it at work with a magazine in it.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52   #11
BADOS

Sometimes I use my "knife/pliers case," if I open carry the mag. Perfect for disguise.
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59   #12
yamen1999

deleted

Last edited by yamen1999; 03-19-2013 at 08:19.. Reason: wrong answer to the question
yamen1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:08   #13
dosei

Single mag carriers take up no more space than a double. They follow the contour of your waist better. They give you total flexibility on how many mags you carry, where your carry them, and the spacing between the mags. IMHO...doubles have no advantages and many disadvantages.

I only buy single mag carriers.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 15:32   #14
FLGlocker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
I "open carry" my extra magazine because nobody ever seemed to know what it is. It's one of those blackhawk mag pouches you can get at walmart for 10 bucks. I'd recommend you give that a shot.

Seriously it's been over a year and I've always had the thing on my belt, I've even carried it at work with a magazine in it.
If its a totally enclosed case then technically it is concealed

Old 03-21-2013, 19:23   #15
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGlocker23 View Post

So true - the double mag holders are wider than the handgun's holster.