GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:15   #201
Clusterfrack
Senior Member
 
Clusterfrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,080
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2253978/

It is well known that dog behavior has a strong genetic and breed-specific basis.

"Dog fanciers argue that there are “no bad dogs, only bad dog owners” and that laws that would outlaw so-called “aggressive” dog breeds within city limits are discriminatory to owners of those breeds. In terms of human genetics, the considerations are much more complex. Ethicists will be faced with difficult discussions about both individual and social responsibilities for violent actions on the part of individuals carrying certain mutations. More likely to be palatable to both communities are studies of depression and anxiety, which clearly exist in humans and dogs and for which a genetic understanding would be welcome."
__________________
"I have one simple request... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!"--Dr. Evil
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21   #202
GWG19
Senior Member
 
GWG19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntsville Al
Posts: 429
Dogs are a product of learned behavior from their owners. We have Chow Chows. Great dogs they think they are lap dogs.
Most people don't trust Chow Chows either.

For what ever reason you have not gained the trust of her dog. It probably can sense you are uneasy around it and is reacting accordingly. How do you act when you are around somebody who doesn't like you? Probably a bit defensive.

We have had repair guys and guests over who our dogs did not like, we don't put them outside or tell them that they don't bite. We put them on leash, I will tell repair guys that their favorite chew toy was the utilities guy.
With guests depending we handel it a bit differently.
Chow Chows have a very subtle body language that says hey I and about the bite you. They don't snarl and wrinkle their nose. Most people think they just bit. They do fixate.

Should you move on and find another GF? Probably it will only cause problems if she gets rid of her dog. Your relationship would be doomed from the get go.
__________________
If you’re in a gunfight:
- If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
- If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
- If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

Last edited by GWG19; 03-17-2013 at 10:22..
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 13:40   #203
RonS
Senior Member
 
RonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Oh, USA
Posts: 10,189
Had several mixed breeds and a pure bred Rottweiler. Actually did the paperwork to get him registered for some reason that escapes me now since he was a companion quality dog and not suitable for breeding. Anyway, taking into account your later post about the dog itself I still think you and she should agree to part ways. Having been married for 40 years I can tell you that when you are laying in your casket she would still be holding a grudge and telling people how you made her give up her dog. You and she both took on the responsibility of taking care of your two dogs, if either of you bail on the dog now it doesn't bode well for the likelyhood that you would stay with a person. Dogs are a lot easier to get along with than people. For one thing, they don't live to be 100+ like people sometimes do.
__________________
Decent law abiding people must fear criminals and the law while criminals have nothing to fear.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 13:56   #204
nursetim
Senior Member
 
nursetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: liberalville N. M.
Posts: 6,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
Had several mixed breeds and a pure bred Rottweiler. Actually did the paperwork to get him registered for some reason that escapes me now since he was a companion quality dog and not suitable for breeding. Anyway, taking into account your later post about the dog itself I still think you and she should agree to part ways. Having been married for 40 years I can tell you that when you are laying in your casket she would still be holding a grudge and telling people how you made her give up her dog. You and she both took on the responsibility of taking care of your two dogs, if either of you bail on the dog now it doesn't bode well for the likelyhood that you would stay with a person. Dogs are a lot easier to get along with than people. For one thing, they don't live to be 100+ like people sometimes do.
A great post.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 17:15   #205
savroof
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
Pitbulls are nice dogs UNTIL they do what they are known to do, attack. Not worth risking having a pitbull arouns if you plan on having children.............Get rid of her and find another girlfriend who is serious about tha safety of children.
TOTALLY agree!! There was a story, a while ago, unsure what State, of a pitbull biting off the toes of a child in her bed. Made my stomach turn. I see these "thugs" walking down the street with a pitbull on a huge chain. Like I am such a "big" man. Makes me almost reach for my GLOCK, in case the dog gets off the chain. I love all animals, but do not like pitbulls, would never have one in my home. Since she is adamant, I'd say you are screwed. Sorry.
savroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 17:55   #206
ignantmike
Senior Member
 
ignantmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,295
dude listen.....if the dog is acting squirrelly toward you now....it will only get worse....cut your losses....I personally would not put up with a dog snapping at me...this dog is too protective of her....
__________________
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 17:56   #207
ignantmike
Senior Member
 
ignantmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
YOU my friend are not ready for marriage.
so........its not his house or yard??????....who paid for it??????
__________________
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 18:18   #208
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignantmike View Post
so........its not his house or yard??????....who paid for it??????
It's his girlfriend's dog, at her house, not his.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 18:33   #209
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by superspud View Post
im sure there have been many "pit bulls are the best dogs ever" or "pit bulls are terrible!!!" threads on here, but i figured i'd start one more.


the lady and I have been dating for over a year now and are very serious. have discussed marriage, have talked about kids eventually and all that junk. everytime we start discussing serious things there is one issue we can not get beyond, her pit bull...

a little background:

I am 29, graduated college in 2006, worked in vegas for a few years and have lived back in the houston area since 2009. have a good steady job, own a house (paid for) as well as my car. I have a dachshund, no kids and have never been married, or even considered it.

she is 22, just got her degree in nursing and started her job at the hospital. great girl, was a college cheer leader, awesome personality and we get along great.


the only issue we face and constantly argue about is her dog. we dont live together (she has a house her parents bought that she lived in during college) but plan to start a life together. I have been very clear about the fact that i will not have her dog living in my house since day one, we've kinda just swept it under the carpet each time. well now that she's working and we're more serious, its becoming more of an issue. I have very firm feelings about pit bulls, im sure there's great examples of how sweet they are, but i want nothing to do with them. I wont have one living in my house, i won't have it in my back yard and i certainly wouldnt raise kids around one, period.

she, refuses to get rid of it. she has now stated that she will NOT get rid of it...

what to do......? am i in the wrong here and just too stubborn to acknowledge it?



cliffs: girlfriend for some reason has a pit bull, i will not have anything to do with it, she wont get rid of it... am i an ******* or what?

How would you feel if she didn't want you to have any guns in the house, because she had an irrational fear over them?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 18:54   #210
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
How would you feel if she didn't want you to have any guns in the house, because she had an irrational fear over them?
He's been asked that several times and has yet to answer. Maybe you'll have better luck.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 19:29   #211
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,588
Has anyone else noticed that some hawt younger girls keep untrained large dogs? I knew two of them. One had a Chow and Pit, the other a GS and Chow. They were not socialized at all and they never were allowed to go outside.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 20:35   #212
Comedian
Senior Member
 
Comedian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 923
Since the dog is quite aggressive, i would look for another girlfriend. There was a news story a few years back where an owner of 2 pits came home from work and his own dogs tore him to shreds, killing him. I was actually thinking of getting a pit bull until i saw that.
__________________
Glock 19 RTF2
Glock 17 Gen 4
S&W M&P 9mm
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 20:46   #213
Clusterfrack
Senior Member
 
Clusterfrack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Has anyone else noticed that some hawt younger girls keep untrained large dogs? I knew two of them. One had a Chow and Pit, the other a GS and Chow. They were not socialized at all and they never were allowed to go outside.
Yep. I have noticed that although not so much about the "hot" part. Common theme was that the dogs were fighting or attack type breeds and were alpha to the girl.
__________________
"I have one simple request... and that is to have sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads!"--Dr. Evil
Clusterfrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 21:44   #214
chrisbroz
Senior Member
 
chrisbroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Port St Lucie, FL
Posts: 102
My dog, Hurricane, is a pit/akita mix and the sweetest pup you'll ever meet (all 75 lbs of him) - I have FOUR dogs - all mixes & rescues...I have a big 150 lb Rottie/Shep we recently rescued from a bad home situation - they all get along....our former neighbors in our mobile home park were at first scared of Hurricane, but as they got to know him, came to at least accept, if not like him....the bond between a dog and his human is special and will cause resentment down the road as the 'newness' of marriage begins to wear off...at first I didn't want ANY dogs - I was afraid I'd be unable to take care of them on by disability payments, but the wife has now added three to the original one....This pit mix has NEVER bared his teeth to either one of us (my wife or myself) and is SUPER protective of us, especially the wife...I believe that it's the way they're raised - we show only love to all our little guys and RARELY Have to discipline them....most of my buds with pits or pit mixes feel the same way...but I understand your situation - beware of forcing your GF into making a decision between you and the dog...if things go sour after a while, forcing her to dispose of her pup will make reconciliation that much harder...the caveat here is that I don't have kids - never have had kids and will never have kids...I only finally married at the age of 56 for the first time...I LOVE my animals and would consider taking up arms if forced to get rid of them....I feel THAT strongly about my little buddies who show unconditional love every day...

CB in FL...BTW - there's six cats in this house also
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 22:21   #215
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
Yes, you're an *******. Break up.
I agree. I could not ask my gf to get rid of her dogs either to marry me. Just could not or would not do it. To the op's gf that dog is like her child.
JuneyBooney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 22:37   #216
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbroz View Post
My dog, Hurricane, is a pit/akita mix and the sweetest pup you'll ever meet (all 75 lbs of him) - I have FOUR dogs - all mixes & rescues...I have a big 150 lb Rottie/Shep we recently rescued from a bad home situation - they all get along....our former neighbors in our mobile home park were at first scared of Hurricane, but as they got to know him, came to at least accept, if not like him....the bond between a dog and his human is special and will cause resentment down the road as the 'newness' of marriage begins to wear off...at first I didn't want ANY dogs - I was afraid I'd be unable to take care of them on by disability payments, but the wife has now added three to the original one....This pit mix has NEVER bared his teeth to either one of us (my wife or myself) and is SUPER protective of us, especially the wife...I believe that it's the way they're raised - we show only love to all our little guys and RARELY Have to discipline them....most of my buds with pits or pit mixes feel the same way...but I understand your situation - beware of forcing your GF into making a decision between you and the dog...if things go sour after a while, forcing her to dispose of her pup will make reconciliation that much harder...the caveat here is that I don't have kids - never have had kids and will never have kids...I only finally married at the age of 56 for the first time...I LOVE my animals and would consider taking up arms if forced to get rid of them....I feel THAT strongly about my little buddies who show unconditional love every day...

CB in FL...BTW - there's six cats in this house also
How well do the cats and dogs get along?
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 03-17-2013 at 22:38..
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 22:54   #217
whoops dude
Senior Member
 
whoops dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 538
This is simple as all get out. OP compromise and tell her if the dog stays that you want it to go to obedience school. If that isn't an option and you can't just live with it then stop wasting yours and her time and dissolve the relationship.
__________________
Firearm reviews, philosophy, shooting and more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/417BoyWonder

Deuteronomy 15:11
You cannot follow Christ and not care about others.
whoops dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 23:01   #218
Tacoma12
The Dude Abides
 
Tacoma12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 360
Had a similar issue in my family. My mother adopted a dog that was a Lab/Chow mix. Nothing against Chows in general here, I've met friendly ones. It was sweet towards herself and me when I visited, but when my sister and her husband came over the dog tried to attack him. I got bit trying to restrain it. The dog went back to the foster home the next day. Bottom line: People come before dogs.
__________________
Florida Glocker #163
G19, G21, G22, G23, G26, G33 & some XD's

Last edited by Tacoma12; 03-17-2013 at 23:06..
Tacoma12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 23:13   #219
Srboostjunkie
Member
 
Srboostjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 34
Simple answer your narrow minded and probably a *********

Don't listen to media get to know a dog breed before you judge it the only bad pit bulls aren't raised well

I have a pit a chocolate lab and a old English bulldog also 2 cats never a problem my pit is a lap dog he barks at strangers but has never bit anyone as soon as I tell him to stop he's fine and will go right up to whoever he was barking at and lick them he is just protective of his house probably the best breed I've ever dealt with easily trained loving and protective anyone that doesn't like my pitbull can gtfo

Oh and it is very often that a child is in my home ranging from a new born nephew to a 10 yr old .. My cousins daughter is 2 and my pit is like her best friend he doesn't leave her side even as she pulls on his ears and hit him with her leapfrog and when she leaves he sits at the door and watches her walk to the car

Last edited by Srboostjunkie; 03-17-2013 at 23:25..
Srboostjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:59   #220
eccho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by superspud View Post
im sure there have been many "pit bulls are the best dogs ever" or "pit bulls are terrible!!!" threads on here, but i figured i'd start one more.


the lady and I have been dating for over a year now and are very serious. have discussed marriage, have talked about kids eventually and all that junk. everytime we start discussing serious things there is one issue we can not get beyond, her pit bull...

a little background:

I am 29, graduated college in 2006, worked in vegas for a few years and have lived back in the houston area since 2009. have a good steady job, own a house (paid for) as well as my car. I have a dachshund, no kids and have never been married, or even considered it.

she is 22, just got her degree in nursing and started her job at the hospital. great girl, was a college cheer leader, awesome personality and we get along great.


the only issue we face and constantly argue about is her dog. we dont live together (she has a house her parents bought that she lived in during college) but plan to start a life together. I have been very clear about the fact that i will not have her dog living in my house since day one, we've kinda just swept it under the carpet each time. well now that she's working and we're more serious, its becoming more of an issue. I have very firm feelings about pit bulls, im sure there's great examples of how sweet they are, but i want nothing to do with them. I wont have one living in my house, i won't have it in my back yard and i certainly wouldnt raise kids around one, period.

she, refuses to get rid of it. she has now stated that she will NOT get rid of it...

what to do......? am i in the wrong here and just too stubborn to acknowledge it?



cliffs: girlfriend for some reason has a pit bull, i will not have anything to do with it, she wont get rid of it... am i an ******* or what?
This would be like her refusing to live with you if you owned a gun (which I don't know that you do, but it might help you understand).

My girlfriend's uncle had a black lab that tried to rip a kids face off because he tried to play fetch with the dog, and apparently he had **** thrown at him when he was younger.

He had shown MANY warning signs, and they insisted on keeping the dog with the 4 toddlers living in the same house. Growling at people, bearing teeth and hair raising up when someone entered the house, snapping at people...

Police took the dog, hopefully they put him down by now. I know that probably sounds terrible but obviously the owners were too stupid to pay attention for signs of "hey maybe this dog has a problem" and a kid got hurt. It could have been worse, the dog went so psycho he tried to bite the owner who pulled him off the kids face. I'm surprised the mother didn't sue.


Moral of the story, I don't care for pitbulls either to be honest but unless you've seen sure-as-**** signs of trouble with the dog, you're in the wrong.

If you don't have any HARD evidence the dog is dangerous your problem with that particular pitbull doesn't have a leg to stand on.

And if she's had her dog for a long time you can't just expect her to get rid of it. That dog is probably her family, even if she did get rid of it it would probably break her heart.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:14   #221
SevenSixtyTwo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Bay Area Fl
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I agree. I could not ask my gf to get rid of her dogs either to marry me. Just could not or would not do it. To the op's gf that dog is like her child.
Sounds like issues to me. The OP simply needs a gf he's compatible with. And she needs the same.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26   #222
wvtarheel
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 94
I agree with all the folks that say, you ought to break up. I know this seems like a little issue but it really isn't. This girl is 22 and acts like it. You don't seem 100% ready for a relationship with her either if you are on the Internet looking for tips to get rid of her dog instead of having and adult conversation about it. She obviously isn't listening to what you think about this dog issue and is perfectly ok with her dog acting aggressively toward you.

If you are really crazy about her keep dating for a year or two and see how you feel. But I don't think your relationship is ready for marriage if you are disagreeing over issues like this one.

None of my business but you post stuff on the web you get unsolicited advice.
wvtarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:38   #223
eccho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Superspud, not to be rude - BUT - the above is a very good reply!

My own reply is a little different: 'There's no arguing with a closed mind!' (Sorry!)

I'm a retired real estate industry professional. My avocation for the past 40 years has been dog training. During this time I've kept: Doberman Pinchers, Fox Terriers, Pit Bulldogs, and Miniature Dachshunds. The easiest dogs to train were always the Dobermans and Pitbulls. Listen, my friend,

A PROPERLY SOCIALIZED CANINE IS A PROPERLY SOCIALIZED CANINE - PERIOD!'

As simplistic as it may sound,

'YOU GET OUT OF A DOG EXACTLY WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT!'

Here's a personal anecdote for you: I used to train our Bulldogs on the front lawn of a very nice home right in the center of town. One year an attractive young woman began pushing a baby carriage past the house on some afternoons while I was training two of our, 'best' Bulldogs. This went on for a couple of months without incident. She would smile and wave to me; and I would stop whatever I was doing and return the courtesy.

Then, one day, she suddenly stops the baby carriage and asks me in a rather accusatory tone of voice, ‘Are they Pitbulls?’ When I answered, ‘Yes! ’ she flew into a fit! I was given a lecture about, ‘our neighborhood being a family neighborhood’, etc., etc.

After the first time, or two, I got stubborn, began to ignore the silly woman, and started afternoon dog training on the front lawn much more frequently than before. (I know; I'm sorry; but I just couldn't help myself.) The lady with the baby carriage, also, began showing up more often, too. (With her baby inside the carriage, no less! I still don’t understand, ‘Why’ she did that?)

She began throwing fits out on the sidewalk; she threatened to call the police. (She did!) She threatened to appear before the Town Council. (She sent them a long vitriolic and anonymous letter, instead.) So, late one afternoon my neighbor, a lawyer, and the municipal town judge for the past 30 years comes walking up to the front porch and sits down.

I thought he was there to play with my big brindle and white male the same way as he always did; but, this afternoon, he’s there to see me. As he pats my Pitbull’s large head he tells me the Town Council received a long letter of complaint about our Pit Bulldogs. (This being a, ‘family neighborhood’ and all that!)

The judge went on to tell me that the complainant chose not to sign the letter; so, in accord with standing policy, the Council chose not to address the issue. Then he patted my Bulldog on the head again, looked me straight in the eye, and said, ‘I really love Dancer!’ ‘He’s the spitting image of the dog my parents gave me when I was a boy.’ (It made me feel good to know that!) Anyway a month, or two, later we’re out on the front lawn when along comes the, ‘baby carriage momma’. Smarting from the lack of results she brings her baby to a sudden stop right in front of me and demands, ‘What are their names?

I couldn’t help myself; I just couldn’t help myself! I told her, ‘None of your business!’ She hung around moving very slowly down the sidewalk; and I decided to have a little fun. I walked to the front door, opened it, and called out to the two (superlatively trained) Pitbulls, ‘anchored’ on their butts to the front lawn, ‘Skull’, ‘Bones’ come here!' 'Skull, Get in the house right now!' (Then I heard this curious echo, 'Skull'! 'Bones'! 'Arghhh, ...... !' You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone run off pushing a baby carriage THAT fast!)

I only saw this woman one more time. I was in the local video shop showing an 8 week old puppy to the store owner when she walked in. Everybody in the shop was fussing over the puppy; and the owner wanted to buy it. When he asked me, ‘So, how much are you asking for that little Pitbull?’ the woman calls out, incredulously, ‘THAT isn't a Pitbull!’ I only looked down at her and winked! Never saw her again, after that. I think she might have moved? Like I said, ‘There’s no arguing with a closed mind!

ON THE OTHER HAND, when a very clever Jewish fellow moved in next door to us (We shared an unfenced backyard.) I was outside with the dogs one morning when he suddenly came walking, straight at me, from across the yard. (I’d noticed him just standing there watching me for awhile.) He introduced himself, shook my hand, and then, ‘floored me’ by asking, 'Would you allow my daughter to play with your Pitbulls?' When I replied, ‘You can’t be serious!’ He replied, ‘I’m very serious, please?’ So I told him to bring the little girl over. No bull! This was the start of the next 5 years of that little blonde girl frequently running into our yard and riding my two oldest Pitbulls around as if they were ponies! The Bulldogs loved her; and she only stopped riding them when she grew too large to comfortably fit on their backs!

If I were to offer you any advice in parting I’d suggest that you should try not to behave like, ‘an easily hysterical woman with a baby carriage’. That woman was so myopic, so obtuse, that she completely failed to realize that SHE was more of a threat to her own baby than either me, or my two Pit Bulldogs ever could (or would) have been!

Let's assume, just for the hell of it, that your dogs were in fact menaces to the neighborhood, to people and to society.

Why in the **** would she choose to walk her baby in front of your house? Let's think about this for a second.


I'm not knocking your dogs, I'm saying she sounds like a winner.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17   #224
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,486
My whole opinion of the subject: I was seriously bitten by a dog when I was about 3 - they ended up having to put me in a straitjacket to sew me up, I was so hysterical. So? Dogs can bite. I have no fear of dogs at all and I consider any man who is afraid of any dog, no matter the breed, a *&^%$#@ sissy. It's a *&^%$#@ dog.

What ever will you do if you ever have to defend yourself against something dangerous, like a man who is not a *&^%$#@ sissy?

End of story.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22   #225
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
He's been asked that several times and has yet to answer. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I didn't read the whole thread. TLDR;


Thanks though, internet god.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 749
170 Members
579 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42