Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:29   #226
Longtooths

Send a message via ICQ to Longtooths
I am deeply disappointed in the GnG community and every single person that responded in the last 9 pages.....I mean 9 PAGES...9...college cheerleader...?!?!?

Old 03-18-2013, 06:32   #227
John Rambo
Raven

Has anybody asked how old Cujo is, yet? Dogs don't live that long, especially Pitbulls. I mean, if the dog only has a few years left in it, then why don't you just enjoy your remaining years of living alone before you sign your own death warrant?

Hell, even if it doesn't die of old age, it might get knocked off by some illness or an overzealous cop or something. Theres always hope. I'm with you, though. I wouldn't let some broad's 4-legged killing machine in my house. Even IF the thing doesn't attack anyone, Pitbulls are *******s. They rip **** up. They knock **** over. They're just generally little wrecking balls with a tail.

Last edited by John Rambo; 03-18-2013 at 06:33..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43   #228
bingoke

Photo removed on demand.
No hard feelings.
Stay cool!

Last edited by bingoke; 03-19-2013 at 12:04..
bingoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:13   #229
Red Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I have no fear of dogs at all and I consider any man who is afraid of any dog, no matter the breed, a *&^%$#@ sissy. It's a *&^%$#@ dog.

What ever will you do if you ever have to defend yourself against something dangerous, like a man who is not a *&^%$#@ sissy?

End of story.
Agreed. Man is much more dangerous than any dog.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51   #230
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
My whole opinion of the subject: I was seriously bitten by a dog when I was about 3 - they ended up having to put me in a straitjacket to sew me up, I was so hysterical. So? Dogs can bite. I have no fear of dogs at all and I consider any man who is afraid of any dog, no matter the breed, a *&^%$#@ sissy. It's a *&^%$#@ dog.

What ever will you do if you ever have to defend yourself against something dangerous, like a man who is not a *&^%$#@ sissy?

End of story.
What about a wild dog or a pack of dogs? What if it was just you and no weapon? You are my hero. A man afraid of nothing.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55   #231
Sharkey

2 hot topics: GF and pitties and as someone else stated, where are the pics?

GNG members have failed us. I won the freaking lottery, I married a hottie and own a pittie AND neither one has bit my arm off yet.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58   #232
sugarcreek
Tag Team Champs

This does not sound like a match made in heaven, and you two
should be looking for something along those lines in the heady
early days, weeks, and months of a relationship, methinks...

Last edited by sugarcreek; 03-18-2013 at 08:03..
sugarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08   #233
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoke View Post
This is the result of a very gentle doggy attacking his owner.
He lost his arm.
Lucky he was the only victim and not an innocent bystander or a child.

and?....

Should I post pictures of Gunshot wounds here, to try to stir up emotions against firearms?

How about people getting trampled with horses, or kicked in the head by donkeys?

You know your argument is weak, if you have to resort to showing pictures of injuries, in desperate hopes you'll gather the emotionally charged masses support.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13   #234
vtducrider

What's up with you guys throwing all sorts of accusations at OP? He doesn't feel comfortable around GF's dog, because it is overly protective of her, and has shown aggression. I am a dog owner, and would not want to be around dogs like that. Dogs are animals, and can be unpredictable. Wouldn't you at least be afraid for your dachshund if the 2 dogs are kept in the same space?

OP: there isn't going to be a perfect relationship or marriage. You have to pick and choose what are the most important things you look for in a mate. You might get top 2 or 3.... Don't let anyone persuade you that you are wrong to be who you are.
vtducrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19   #235
vtducrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
and?....

Should I post pictures of Gunshot wounds here, to try to stir up emotions against firearms?

How about people getting trampled with horses, or kicked in the head by donkeys?

You know your argument is weak, if you have to resort to showing pictures of injuries, in desperate hopes you'll gather the emotionally charged masses support.
I agree that argument is weak... and accidents happen every minute of a day, and people get hurt or die in some strangest ways... But, why would you increase that odds of happening? If you feel unsafe in a situation, wouldn't you try to get out of it?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19   #236
NMG26

Well the dog has been sleeping with the girl longer then the OP, so it would have issues with the op trying to move in oh his territory..........is the dog a male?

Old 03-18-2013, 08:28   #237
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
I agree that argument is weak... and accidents happen every minute of a day, and people get hurt or die in some strangest ways... But, why would you increase that odds of happening? If you feel unsafe in a situation, wouldn't you try to get out of it?

You're right, why increase the odds?

Statistically speaking, you should probably not drive, and refrain from being in motor vehicles.

OR are you talking about risk to reward? Where you need to assume that great risk of being in a car, to get from a to b that much quicker, or for a job, where otherwise the reward wouldn't be as great?

If that's the case, then he needs to re- assess his relationship, and if the reward to the relationship is worth the risk of a dog bite.... Truth be told, the whole dog bite scare is blown way out of proportion, sort of like being a victim of "gun violence". If you're that scared of death, I'll give you a chart of the top 10 killers in the US, and I can almost guarantee you dogs aren't one of them.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38   #238
debbert

I haven't read all ten pages thus far but here is my contribution: Date her while living in two different houses until such time as the dog dies.

After that, go whole-hog on the relationship and nuptials, and whatever else. There is no reason to steep animosity over her beloved pet.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42   #239
vtducrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
You're right, why increase the odds?

Statistically speaking, you should probably not drive, and refrain from being in motor vehicles.

OR are you talking about risk to reward? Where you need to assume that great risk of being in a car, to get from a to b that much quicker, or for a job, where otherwise the reward wouldn't be as great?

If that's the case, then he needs to re- assess his relationship, and if the reward to the relationship is worth the risk of a dog bite.... Truth be told, the whole dog bite scare is blown way out of proportion, sort of like being a victim of "gun violence". If you're that scared of death, I'll give you a chart of the top 10 killers in the US, and I can almost guarantee you dogs aren't one of them.
Good point on Risk-Reward. The OP does have to evaluate it... I drive a car, travel by air, cross streets, carry a gun. But you can be certain, that I am not going to drive a car with worn tires/breaks, leaks oil, I am not going to get in the plane if there is flap missing on the wing, or the pilot appears to be intoxicated, I am not going to cross a busy street without lights or overpass, and I am most certainly not going to carry a gun that is known to have problems with accidental discharge.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:07   #240
gatorboy

The Mrs. half of my in-laws made the Mr. get rid of his two dogs. She can have three and who the hell knows how many cats but he gets none. I would not have done the same.

Your GF will probably own a few bully-breed type dogs in her life. May as well find a daschund lover and be happy.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15   #241
BleedNOrange
Go Vols

Maybe its been said but dont have time to read all posts. I call BS and toss the flag because of your statement that if it was any other breed it wouldnt be an issue. If the animal truly acts like you claim I would have issue regardless of breed. I think you are pit bull trolling. I have pits and kids and honestly don't care what anybody thinks about that. Good day
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42   #242
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspud View Post
so aside from the fact that the dog is unpredictable.......

problem is, she cant even live in a regular apartment with this dog, most apartments in the area dont allow pit bulls so even if we wanted to "postpone" things for a while, she'd have to live in a **** hole apartment if she wanted to keep it.
So postpone and let her live in a dump for a while.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45   #243
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtducrider View Post
Good point on Risk-Reward. The OP does have to evaluate it... I drive a car, travel by air, cross streets, carry a gun. But you can be certain, that I am not going to drive a car with worn tires/breaks, leaks oil, I am not going to get in the plane if there is flap missing on the wing, or the pilot appears to be intoxicated, I am not going to cross a busy street without lights or overpass, and I am most certainly not going to carry a gun that is known to have problems with accidental discharge.

Wait, did you just compare intoxicated airplane pilots, to dogs?

Something tells me DWI related deaths stack up a bit more than a dog.... I would say drunk airplane pilots, but I bet that's much less common than DWI.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12   #244
billkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoke View Post
This is the result of a very gentle doggy attacking his owner.
He lost his arm.
Lucky he was the only victim and not an innocent bystander or a child.
You might want to remove that image before the thread get's locked
billkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12   #245
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Bring home a couple of cute little kittens or bunnies and dump them in front of the dog while the GF is present. Should be real entertaining for a while. Don't forget to have your .357 loosened up in the holster. The dog may not stop with the kitties.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15   #246
superspud
Ninja

holy hell, this is still going? lol
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46   #247
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspud View Post
holy hell, this is still going? lol

Dude, the most you post here you'll realize. Threads that never die (till the mods lock) in GT are.

1. pitbulls
2. the war on drugs
3. guns for felons
4. jacked up teeth and missing bravia TVs
5. any thread created by Eurodriver, or his aliases he uses to smurf back in to dodge the ban hammer.
6. Abortion

Last edited by OctoberRust; 03-18-2013 at 11:46.. Reason: had to add abortion. Who can forget that lovely gem that makes it on this forum
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14   #248
Roering
Sorting nuts

1) A dog is like a member of the family.
2) A boyfriend/girlfriend is not.

Figure this out and you should come to 2 conclusions if you give her such an ultimatum.

1) It will be the dog over you
2) She either is or will be offended by such a suggestion

If you cannot accept her dog/relatives/friends then part ways.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26   #249
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Bring home a couple of cute little kittens or bunnies and dump them in front of the dog while the GF is present. Should be real entertaining for a while. Don't forget to have your .357 loosened up in the holster. The dog may not stop with the kitties.
Yeah that is a great idea since pits are the only dogs that go after other animals that run from them. I'm sure the police will take that as a good reason for discharging a firearm -"but officer I did as a test for my GF to show evil pitties are".
Old 03-18-2013, 12:40   #250
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
You are wrong, she is right.

She deserves better, so break up with her now so she can move on and find a better guy.

I suspect pitbull is just the tip of the iceberg. What if she felt that way about guns? You'd think she was unreasonable.

Oh yes, I'm an NRA member too.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote