Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-17-2013, 14:45   #151
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Really? I'd think common sense says if your car fits in the lines it's ok and if it doesn't it's not.

My truck fits in between the lines of most "compact" car spots.

It also fuel efficient compared to a 18wheeler.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 19:32   #152
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
EDITED TO ADD: I can see how it could be read another way. If what this poster meant was "I say you should do it this way" rather than "this is what I do" he has my apologies for insulting him.
Those would be the same thing. You were miffed because a new poster disagreed with your prima donna incident. Taking the time to flash such a picture and posting an entire thread about it sounds pretty narcissistic to me, but I guess times have changed.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 19:39   #153
Brucev

Got no use at all for otherwise healthy people who park in handicapped spaces. As far as compact car spaces are concerned... if someone parks over the line, it's no different than they were driving a monster truck. And... it's no one's business but the owner of the lot and the driver of the vehicle. Those who spout about how to vandalize a car/truck are simply criminals. They deserve everything they get. Why... in some states they can even be shot for damage to property. That really puts a spin on things!
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 22:56   #154
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I drive to work on average maybe ~2x per week. Sometimes I take the train, sometimes I work from home, sometimes I don't go into the office because I'm on the road at a client.

When I do drive to work, I always park at the same parking garage, so I've been seeing the same cars for a couple of years now. The garage is 10 stories and is never ever full, but the spaces near the elevator on the low floors do fill up fairly quickly.

Half of those spaces are "compact car" spaces. Every day, they're full (2 cars per 3 spaces on average, since they don't fit) of Honda Pilots, Jeep Grand Cherokees, minivans, full-size sedans like Tauruses--everything but cars that actually fit between the lines. These are pretty small spaces, even a large-ish domestic sedan like a Chevy Malibu doesn't really fit.

I've seen this guy double parked somewhere every time I have gone into the garage. One of these days I'm gonna set his car on fire.

The Okie Corral
A Malibu is a small car but maybe those little spaces should be labeled "sub compacts only" because they look pretty small.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07   #155
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
A Malibu is a small car but maybe those little spaces should be labeled "sub compacts only" because they look pretty small.
With the lines separated the way they are, I could easily get my truck into one of those spots without making it impossible for other cars to park next to me. I would most likely be sitting on the inside lines, but there would definitely be adequate space for others to park and easily enter and exit their vehicles. You do have to cut the Malibu a little slack as the car next to him parked like an ass, but if that were me I would have just found another spot rather than taking up 2.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23   #156
mustang6112
Watching

So I take it you are offering me some of you expert psychological therapy for free? Thanks!

Funny because I don't see you addressing the tool bags on here who are advocating SHOOTING someone for damaging their vehicle after they parked like an *******.

Lets see, some jerk instigates a confrontation and then whines when they get someone who isn't going to put up with their BS.

You can do what you want to do, I guess I'll continue to fester in my "anger issues".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimfireMan View Post
Wow, sounds like some serious anger management issues. You and some of the other posters in this thread seem to be wound a bit too tight.

"Im a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. The sheep hate the sheepdog. He looks like the wolf and has a capacity for violence.

Last edited by mustang6112; 03-18-2013 at 08:47..
mustang6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26   #157
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Kind of a funny aside but a 1986 Camaro (with it's aircraft landing deck hood) is classified as a sub-compact due to the interior room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26   #158
mustang6112
Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwarrior View Post
Not to hijack this thread,but does anybody else on GT own a Magnetic car?

You know, the kind of car you purposely park far away and alone to keep it from being dinged up but somebody will always park right next to you even though there are many open spaces around you?
It's like the car has a huge magnet in it that pulls cars next to it.

Bought the wife a nice BMW 335d and parked it far away and alone in the local Safeway parking lot only to return and find a ratty white neon parked next to it AND a nice white door scuff in my Black paint.

MF owner of the Neon told me "It's your fault for owning a BMW".

Real nice guy.

oceanwarrior
yep, happens to me all the time.

"Im a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. The sheep hate the sheepdog. He looks like the wolf and has a capacity for violence.
mustang6112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 16:24   #159
Fumble
RIP Poom . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223Carbine View Post
Well howdy from Texas. This is my first post here, but I do want to say that I think those compact car spaces are BS. Why would anyone redesignate spaces as compact. A good many people drive larger cars or trucks. Are they not good citizens/customers too? I view them as another BS attempt by the political left to get us all to drive small cars. It is an attempt to manipulate people. I say BS to the whole thing and just take 2 of the puny spaces. You guys might want to rethink this a bit. All the best...
I don't know how it is in the rest of the country but up here in the north country the "compact" spaces are only found where a larger vehicle parked in that spot would cause problems - specifically because of a vehicles length. You put two full size trucks opposite of each other and only a compact is going to get by them.
Old 03-18-2013, 16:40   #160
Atlas
transmogrifier

I will admit that I am not skilled at parking a car, mostly due to the limitations of my eyesight. Or maybe I'm just stupid..

Last year I was in Germany and went into Stuttgart to the "Christmas Market".

I was in a compact BMW One-Series. The only parking was in a tiny underground lot. I saw one very small space available, looked at it and assumed it was for a Smart car or something. It was also in a corner and the approach to it was a little jinky.

I didn't want to try putting the BMW into it so I went around looking for another space.
When I came around to the space I first saw, there was a mini-van parked there.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14   #161
BEER
bad example

i need the gng hivemind opinion. do you think this qualifies as "compact"? it's compact compared to an aircract carrier. lol

The Okie Corral
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57   #162
droidfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
i need the gng hivemind opinion. do you think this qualifies as "compact"? it's compact compared to an aircract carrier. lol

The Okie Corral
Sure, yea, it's compact.

You are referring to what it runs over, right?
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31   #163
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
Those would be the same thing.
Not at all.

"I say child molesters should get punched in the face"

"I punch child molesters in the face"

See the difference?

Quote:
You were miffed because a new poster disagreed with your prima donna incident.
"Incident"? I went to work. I'm utterly baffled by why you think this was somehow important to me. I was momentarily irritated, that's all, and I happened to have my phone in my hand because I was checking my email.

Quote:
Taking the time to flash such a picture and posting an entire thread about it sounds pretty narcissistic to me, but I guess times have changed.
There's absolutely no way the definition of "narcissistic" could be stretched to mean what you're trying to imply.

This is an internet discussion forum. Posting minor rants about unimportant but irritating things is basically what it's for.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first world problems