SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:01   #21
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
Tell me about. I am just astounded that I have one that he doesn't already have. LOL.

Yeah, I passed up two opportunities to buy one locally.

One was a mint condition model from 1964.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13   #22
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
Very nice. Very rare.
Very nice for sure, but I wouldn't call them very rare.

Very rare is when you look for a pistol on Gunbroker and maybe see one once or twice a year with basically zero chance of finding one locally.

There are always several 2.5" Pythons on Gunbroker, usually a couple dozen on a daily basis. The 3" Python is much more rare, but even those can normally be found on GB with no trouble (they're just very expensive).

Python Elites are "rare" as well, but, again, there are usually two or three on Gunbroker daily.

Pythons are my favorite revolvers by far, but I don't consider them rare by any means.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59   #23
WT

Wow! That sure is a nice shootin' iron.

Congrats.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:14   #24
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
At least for me it is. I reeled in a excellent example of the Python 2-1/2" yesterday. It is from the first year of production for that barrel length 1963. And to quote the seller " fit,finish, and workmanship is outstanding". I decided I had waited long enough to grab one and they certainly are not getting any cheaper. Most now seem to start at around 1800 and go up from there. To get one of the 1963 models was just icing on a very sweet cake! Sorry about the pictures but its all I have at the moment. I promise more later. Enjoy!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Sweet! Congrats!
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 13:44   #25
nathanours
Texan

Very nice! I love the single vent in the rib.

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 13:46   #26
nathanours
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

Very rare is when you look for a pistol on Gunbroker and maybe see one once or twice a year with basically zero chance of finding one locally.

There are always several 2.5" Pythons on Gunbroker, usually a couple dozen on a daily basis. The 3" Python is much more rare, but even those can normally be found on GB with no trouble (they're just very expensive).

Python Elites are "rare" as well, but, again, there are usually two or three on Gunbroker daily.

Pythons are my favorite revolvers by far, but I don't consider them rare by any means.
You prefer the Pythons to your Korths and that other nice French revolver you picked up recently by a large margin? If that's the case I may have to try one of them, they sure are pretty.

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 14:47   #27
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
You prefer the Pythons to your Korths and that other nice French revolver you picked up recently by a large margin? If that's the case I may have to try one of them, they sure are pretty.
Well, saying "by far" may have been a stretch, but the Python has always been my favorite DA revolver.

That's not saying they are the finest or the best quality, compared to the classic S&W's or the best from Europe. The Python is just a cool overall package.

Old 03-12-2013, 15:22   #28
got2hav1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69HEMI-R/T View Post
Congrats on the Python snubbie. I know you cannot wait for it to arrive A quick pic of mine. It is a 1965 model and I love it.

General Firearms Forum
Beautiful example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Here's one I had, also from the first year of production. It didn't look near as nice as yours...

General Firearms Forum

I still have the original grips that I took off of it.
They all look good!
Old 03-12-2013, 15:26   #29
got2hav1

Quote:
Well, saying "by far" may have been a stretch, but the Python has always been my favorite DA revolver.

That's not saying they are the finest or the best quality, compared to the classic S&W's or the best from Europe. The Python is just a cool overall package.
It is a very cool package. I don't have a Korth to compare it to so you tell us (BAC) . When you cock the hammer on the Korth for SA shooting, is it as silky smooth as the Python. I have never had another revolver as smooth. The Colt "V" spring action is super smooth in single action. I prefer the Smith for DA though.
Old 03-12-2013, 15:30   #30
got2hav1

Quote:

I think a lot of that depends on where you are. Here in NC I have only seen one Python for sale in the last 3-4 years locally. All I have were bought from GB or the Colt Forum. So for my area any Python would be rare, 2.5" Pythons would be really rare.
But I know what you are saying, they were thousands of them produced.

Last edited by got2hav1; 03-12-2013 at 15:31..
got2hav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 15:49   #31
bac1023

Quote:
I think a lot of that depends on where you are. Here in NC I have only seen one Python for sale in the last 3-4 years locally. All I have were bought from GB or the Colt Forum. So for my area any Python would be rare, 2.5" Pythons would be really rare.
But I know what you are saying, they were thousands of them produced.
I don't see many locally here either. I was just commenting on GB availability. I buy most of my rare stuff there, so I judge rarity by how hard a firearm is to obtain with all of today's means. Before all the online auction sites, many guns were much, much more difficult to find.

Hope this makes sense

Last edited by bac1023; 03-12-2013 at 15:57..
Old 03-12-2013, 15:58   #32
barth
six barrels

Nice Colt. But I'm a Smith guy....

I don't know if a 3" is really considered a snubbie?
But my S&W 65-3 3" Heavy Barrel is my personal favorite.
I really like Remington 357 Golden Sabers in my snubbies for SD.
General Firearms Forum
If I have to go shorter? I'll take my S&W 640-1.
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by barth; 03-12-2013 at 16:02..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 16:06   #33
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

OP: That's just gorgeous!

HR
Old 03-12-2013, 16:09   #34
ancient_serpent

Beautiful!
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 16:14   #35
bac1023

Quote:
It is a very cool package. I don't have a Korth to compare it to so you tell us (BAC) . When you cock the hammer on the Korth for SA shooting, is it as silky smooth as the Python. I have never had another revolver as smooth. The Colt "V" spring action is super smooth in single action. I prefer the Smith for DA though.
The Korth design is a bit different, but it's just as smooth, with a more precise feel to the action in comparison.

It's hard to describe without having them side by side. The Korth Combat action is extremely fine.

You need to put a Korth on your "got to have" list. You have acquired some very nice revolvers already, so this is the next step...

Last edited by bac1023; 03-12-2013 at 16:15..
Old 03-12-2013, 16:17   #36
got2hav1

Quote:
The Korth design is a bit different, but it's just as smooth, with a more precise feel to the action in comparison.

It's hard to describe without having them side by side. The Korth Combat action is extremely fine.

You need to put a Korth on your "got to have" list. You have acquired some very nice revolvers already, so this is the next step...
Uhh.. my wife isn't going to want to hear that! So I am just going to forget you said it. LOL.
Old 03-12-2013, 16:22   #37
Berto
woo woo

Nice find, let us know how well it shoots.

Last edited by Berto; 03-12-2013 at 16:22..
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 16:40   #38
bac1023

Quote:
Uhh.. my wife isn't going to want to hear that! So I am just going to forget you said it. LOL.
You can't forget it, my friend.

Here's a great example, though its the "Sport" model with the longer barrel and adjustable sights. It also has the 9mm cylinder, which drives up the price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=332281555

While there aren't any on GB at the moment, you can usually find a nice condition Korth Combat in the $3500-$4000 range. The older Korths in 38 Special sell for a good deal less (maybe $1500-$2500, depending on condition), but are not the same design.

The same seller also has a Manurhin MR73 for sale. I really love these revolvers, though they are totally different than a Korth.

The MR73 is one of the strongest DA revolvers ever built. They do not come up for sale often. This is the second one I've seen lately, but there wasn't a single MR listed throughout most of last year.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=332283058

This is the same seller I bought my 6" MR73 and Korth Auto from. He's a great person to do business with and knows a heck of a lot about high end firearms.

Old 03-12-2013, 17:38   #39
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

I have a big addiction to snub nose revolvers mostly in j-frames, but I don't hold anything against a nice n-frame snub. In fact I love this one and it makes a surprisingly nice carry package despite what you might expect from a n-frame gun.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

327sc Performance Center, 8 rounds of 357 Magnum, 2" barrel, Scandium Alloy Frame, Titanium Alloy Cylinder machined for moon clip, about 21.5 oz unloaded.
Old 03-12-2013, 18:29   #40
got2hav1

Quote:
You can't forget it, my friend.

Here's a great example, though its the "Sport" model with the longer barrel and adjustable sights. It also has the 9mm cylinder, which drives up the price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=332281555

While there aren't any on GB at the moment, you can usually find a nice condition Korth Combat in the $3500-$4000 range. The older Korths in 38 Special sell for a good deal less (maybe $1500-$2500, depending on condition), but are not the same design.

The same seller also has a Manurhin MR73 for sale. I really love these revolvers, though they are totally different than a Korth.

The MR73 is one of the strongest DA revolvers ever built. They do not come up for sale often. This is the second one I've seen lately, but there wasn't a single MR listed throughout most of last year.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=332283058

This is the same seller I bought my 6" MR73 and Korth Auto from. He's a great person to do business with and knows a heck of a lot about high end firearms.

Interesting revolvers for sure. To far out of my ballpark though. I'll have to stick to the more mundane.