SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-12-2013, 18:34   #81
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
IDPA, gamers, say no more. I shoot 3.5 Bullseye with a cast 180, prolly 800fps at most, and never have a problem. The 9mm guys are probably shooting factory ball so they make enough PF to run the gun.

I shot IDPA for about a year and in the group of about 25 regulars there, half had problems with all sorts of guns.
The gauge should be factory style ammo in a stock gun. My Solo! 1000 loads at a 132pf dribble out of the gun. My Power Pistol starting loads at 138pf eject out the proper amount. Same gun.
Old 03-12-2013, 20:01   #82
PCJim

Nothing but love for my Sig P226-9 stamped slide. It has eaten everything I've run thru it, goes for many hundreds of rounds without requiring a cleaning and very effectively puts the Energizer bunny to shame.
PCJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 21:52   #83
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Zombie isn't exactly young.
Or pretty.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 23:22   #84
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Reloading
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 23:39   #85
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
IDPA, gamers, say no more. I shoot 3.5 Bullseye with a cast 180, prolly 800fps at most, and never have a problem. The 9mm guys are probably shooting factory ball so they make enough PF to run the gun.

I shot IDPA for about a year and in the group of about 25 regulars there, half had problems with all sorts of guns.
No, I am talking regular shooters, mostly noobs shooting factory ammo. Weak hand, lots of Glock FTF, weak side barracade, lots of FTF, limp wristing.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 23:46   #86
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Tried my hardest, Fred.... you's unshakable.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41   #87
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
No, I am talking regular shooters, mostly noobs shooting factory ammo. Weak hand, lots of Glock FTF, weak side barracade, lots of FTF, limp wristing.
It not rocket science and the Glock is no different then the 1911 or any other gun. We can all say "I have seen...... ". Any gun can fail weak hand. Even the 1911. Some Gen4s have to much spring in the gun. Easily fixed. Any gun can news some love to be it's best. Any GUN.

That's kinda my entire point. And I am actually being serious now for the first time in the thread. It is really common for JMB lovers to feel the need to say how perfect their weapon is. Seen it in this thread. It can do no wrong. If it does its never the gun design. Never breaks, never jams. It is as near perfect as a gun can get. And its a real mans gun. Got the right caliber. It is so awesome. Blah blah blah blah. Its just a stupid gun. Why the hell is it so important to you and why do you constantly have to tell me about it. One guy shows up with a new Link Clacker on a squad and all I hear for the rest of the day is how great his freaking $700 cheap ass 1911 is.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43   #88
Hoser
Mall Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Tried my hardest, Fred.... you's unshakable.
Dude, thats hot.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16   #89
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Reloading
You look just like that girl at the bar last Wednesday who fondled herself and those other two chicks.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 03-13-2013 at 10:21..
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46   #90
EL_NinO619
EX-Swage Monkey

I will take a 1911 over a Glock any day of the week. I will also take a M1A over a AR15, I guess I'm a old soul.

As Reloaders we should adapt the load to the gun, not the gun to the load.
EL_NinO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33   #91
Colorado4Wheel

My choice for competition

M&P for Production, CZ #2, Glock #3
2011 for Limited and Open. MAYBE a CZ instead.

Home Defense

Whatever I shoot in competition the most. It is that simple.

CZ has a Busing version of the Shadow. Every bit as accurate as a 1911. I like the feel of a CZ in my hand over a 1911 and I prefer a 2011 over a 1911 as well. I would prefer a 2011 to a 1911 any day of the week. They do make a steel version of the 2011 now as well. Not the Para either.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43   #92
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:

That's kinda my entire point. And I am actually being serious now for the first time in the thread. It is really common for JMB lovers to feel the need to say how perfect their weapon is. Seen it in this thread. It can do no wrong. If it does its never the gun design. Never breaks, never jams. It is as near perfect as a gun can get. And its a real mans gun. Got the right caliber. It is so awesome. Blah blah blah blah. Its just a stupid gun. Why the hell is it so important to you and why do you constantly have to tell me about it. One guy shows up with a new Link Clacker on a squad and all I hear for the rest of the day is how great his freaking $700 cheap ass 1911 is.

This may be the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. They all do it. CZ, Glockophiles, M&P guys... You were doing it earlier in the thread.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:52   #93
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
This may be the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. They all do it. CZ, Glockophiles, M&P guys... You were doing it earlier in the thread.

What? I did no such thing.

Quote:
I don't brag about my gun. It's nothing to brag about. Just a tool. It's a mass produced plastic gun with 100K rounds through it. Kinda looking a little ugly and all scratched up right now. I will stack it up against any gun with a similar service history as mine that has never seen a gun smith. I will bury it in the dirt, shake it out and shoot it. Willing to do that with your 1911 then we have something to talk about.
That is what I said. ANY gun should meet that standard. My point was my EGO is not attached to my stupid gun. It works, I have used it, it's ugly, I am willing to make it uglier. I would do the same to any gun that wasn't a safe queen. It's NOT about the gun. For 1911 guys it ALWAYS seems to be more about the gun then anything else.

Want to have a gun burying contest?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57   #94
Colorado4Wheel

Anyone who goes

"Wow, what a nice Glock" or even worse says the same thing about their gun is a idiot. Glocks are not nice

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 03-13-2013 at 10:57..
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58   #95
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
I don't brag about my gun. It's nothing to brag about. Just a tool. It's a mass produced plastic gun with 100K rounds through it. Kinda looking a little ugly and all scratched up right now. I will stack it up against any gun with a similar service history as mine that has never seen a gun smith. I will bury it in the dirt, shake it out and shoot it. Willing to do that with your 1911 then we have something to talk about.
I don't brag about my gun, but I have 100k rounds through it, it's never seen a gun smith and I'll do dirt tests against your gun... if you don't do this against my gun, we have nothing to talk about and you're an idiot.

So for you, it's about facts. For a 1911 owner, it's ego.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:10   #96
Colorado4Wheel

That is just my experience with my gun. Sets the standard of MY comparison to other guns. Same could be said for many guns. Most people who brag about their guns don't even have 5K rounds in the thing. That is my experience for ALL gun owners. I personally don't know a single 1911 that has 100K in it and never had major rebuild done to it by a gunsmith. Do you? Be honest. I replaced all the guts in my Glock at about 100K. Had a random ejection issue. Probably could have replaced two parts and been done with it but instead I spent the $125 and replaced everything. I don't want to wonder about the next part to wear out.

CZ owners don't brag, they complain about parts breaking but love the Trigger and grip
M&P owners usually just say "I like the trigger and grip way more then the Glock I used to own" Then they complain about fixing a extraction issue.
Glock owners are most likely to say "I just like a gun that works"
1911's owners try and convince you their gun is the complete package and nothing compares to a 1911.
Old 03-13-2013, 13:57   #97
fredj338

Quote:
It not rocket science and the Glock is no different then the 1911 or any other gun. We can all say "I have seen...... ". Any gun can fail weak hand. Even the 1911. Some Gen4s have to much spring in the gun. Easily fixed. Any gun can news some love to be it's best. Any GUN.

Hey Steve, I do believe it was you that first tossed this out there, So what did you expect? You are now contradiciting your orig point & agreeing w/ me at the same time. Yes, any gun, Glock, 1911, Sig, all can & do fail. I get just as tired hearing how reliable Glocks are, yet see them fail litterally every weekend. My 1911s never do, what is one to determine from such anecdotal observations? Nothing really. If you don't bash the 1911, few will feel the need to step up to defend it. So someone loves his new toy, problem?
Shoot your plastic gun, I do, but until just because you don't like a gun you never really worked with doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.
BTW, no gun is going 100K rds w/o parts replace, not even the mighty Glock. Everything breaks. My exp w/ literally dozens of diff designs & models, the less you do to them the better they will run. Start changing things, & the gun stops wanting to work as designed. I don't even like swapping lower power recoil springs, shoot the gun as designed, it will often run fin. I just can't figure out all the hate you have for the 1911. As you said, after all, it's jut a gun.
FWIW, last time I went oooh @ a gun it was a G23 w/ pretty cool DuroCote finish, but it was still a Glock. Oh yeah, saw that great looking gun FTF about 1 dozen times that day. Lady shooter, week hand & weak side barracade. I think by the end of the day, I got her technique better, enough so it doesn't happen again. We'll see.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 03-13-2013 at 14:06..
Old 03-13-2013, 14:27   #98
dkf

So far here @ GTR I saw picture proof of two guys that are cross dressers. Both 1911 guys. A bunch of the other 1911 guys are from California.

Do I need to say more.
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 14:43   #99
countrygun

Talk about misrepresentation of reality. I haven't had to modify a 1911 since my first stock Series 70. They weren't making them with today's "standard" features back then. I have 5 variations on the 1911 right now and I have had a higher rate of failure out of my Glock 22 than any of them. The only failure of the Glock was bad/worn mag and the same thing will happen with any autoloader.

Look at the 1911 forum here. Exactly how many of the threads are about modifying the 1911?

Compare that to,

"which after market barrel is best to shoot lead in my Glock?"

"0.25 trigger job"

"Polishing the trigger linkage on my Glock"

"NY trigger for my Glock?"

"Does my Glock need butt plug?"

"another Glock Ka-Boom"

"Stippling my Glock frame"

"Should I put a colored back plate on my Glock?"

It seems like the 1911 shooters around here aren't doing as much fiddling with their guns as the Glockers are.

Sounds like someone can't see out of the tub of "1911 haterade" they fell into.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 15:16   #100
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
So far here @ GTR I saw picture proof of two guys that are cross dressers. Both 1911 guys. A bunch of the other 1911 guys are from California.

Do I need to say more.
You have to be old school here in Kalif. It keeps you sane. Shot IPDA w/ a bunch of LAPD guys last Sat. All were packing some form of 1911, all could actually shoot, hmmm.
Don't even go ther about cross dreasing. I think the speaker of house there does a bit of that. CO is now Kalif light.

Last edited by fredj338; 03-13-2013 at 15:17..

Tags
1911's rule, little stevie trolling