SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:24   #1
MaxxAction

Advice please...

Hey guys...

took the Saiga out to the range yesterday to sight in the scope. That went pretty well. I was using some off the shelf remington 308 winchester 150grain soft nose. First shot was pretty much dead center horizontally, and about 4 inches off right, click click click, 2 inches off right, 4 more clicks, pretty much dead on. I only had 25 yards, but, after sighting it was hitting about 2 inches below dead center (i have read this should be pretty good at 100 yards), and put five rounds in a hole about the size of a nickel resting on sandbags.

So I shot a few more rounds, then pick the rifle up off the sandbags to reload, and the SGM tactical forearm was loose, again. So I went to screw it back in, and it wouldn't catch, so I pulled the screw out and found that, evidently, there is an insert in the lug for that screw, and it had pulled completely out, and because of that, the forearm piece had broke back where the sings screw goes through it from the bottom of the receiver.

Needless to say, I am not feeling confident in the strength of the SGM tactical railed forearm piece. I will replace it with something else, but, I will need that screw to mount to. I thought maybe I could get a nut welded to gas tube lug in the same place. Does that sound like a reasonable solution? Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 03-19-2013, 19:08   #2
MaxxAction

So...

got the broken forearm problem fixed. I used some "plastic weld" epoxy to glue the broken end back together and fill the previous screw hole in. Re-drilled and put a new screw in it. I took rifle to the local welding shop and had an m6x1.00 flange nut welded onto the bottom of the gas block, now it is more solid than it ever was I think.