Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 17:01   #81
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

As far as the OP when I hear 9mm I think workhorse like Glock or M&P.
So far in this thread, this is the ONLY thing you have said, that wasn't talking straight out of your ass. Do yourself a favor and STFU and leave it be. The OP asked a question. You finally gave your answer. Now move on.
Old 03-10-2013, 17:08   #82
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
So far in this thread, this is the ONLY thing you have said, that wasn't talking straight out of your ass. Do yourself a favor and STFU and leave it be. The OP asked a question. You finally gave your answer. Now move on.
I couldn't have said it better myself, Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-10-2013, 17:29   #83
mjkeat

Quote:
Sorry to hear.

Sorry, "it's fact because I say so" is good enough for you. I will continue to question those who claim fact w/o supporting it. If others did as much, things would be a lot better around here. The more knowledge based, as compare to the opinion pieces, the better. But then again you all seem to prefer treating this more as a social networking site that a firearms forum.

Such potential crushed by a few worshiping minions and self inflated guys living in "what could have been."

The, been there done thats, who could really add to the overall credibility of the site pass on by.

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-10-2013 at 17:32..
Old 03-10-2013, 18:28   #84
bac1023

The reason I pick the Hi-Power over the Luger is this:

The OP asked which gun is to 9mm the way the M1911 is to 45ACP. The Hi-Power was designed for the 9mm, much like the 1911 was designed for the 45ACP.

The 45ACP was not designed for the 1911, in the way the 9mm was designed for the Luger. If we were talking 38 Super and the 1911, it would make sense to pick the Luger for 9mm.

The Hi-Power was designed from the ground up as a 9mm, much like the 1911 was designed from the ground up for the 45ACP. The Luger was not designed for the 9mm. The Luger was designed before the 9mm even existed.

...just my logic and opinion, of course, but I hope it makes sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-10-2013, 18:38   #85
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Sorry to hear.

Sorry, "it's fact because I say so" is good enough for you. I will continue to question those who claim fact w/o supporting it. If others did as much, things would be a lot better around here. The more knowledge based, as compare to the opinion pieces, the better. But then again you all seem to prefer treating this more as a social networking site that a firearms forum.

Such potential crushed by a few worshiping minions and self inflated guys living in "what could have been."

The, been there done thats, who could really add to the overall credibility of the site pass on by.
What an ass clown. When you can make some logical sense out of this, then get back to me. Hell, get back to any of us. As I haven't seen a single person agree with you yet. So far in this thread, you've done nothing but make a complete ass out of yourself and show how stupid and childish you are. Does your mommy know your in her basement and off your meds and on her computer again?

Last edited by glock2740; 03-10-2013 at 18:40..
Old 03-10-2013, 18:56   #86
bac1023

Quote:
What an ass clown. When you can make some logical sense out of this, then get back to me. Hell, get back to any of us. As I haven't seen a single person agree with you yet. So far in this thread, you've done nothing but make a complete ass out of yourself and show how stupid and childish you are. Does your mommy know your in her basement and off your meds and on her computer again?
Yeah, I don't get this guy at all.

There are trolls and then there are flat-out whackjobs. I think we're dealing with the latter.

I love how he asks for supporting evidence for something that happened 100 years ago, like I just made a new discovery.

Where does it end? If I state that 5 and 5 is 10, does he need supporting evidence??

Old 03-10-2013, 19:33   #87
mjkeat

I don't expect others to agree w/ me considering the environment. If you, bac types, agreed w/ me that would mean you'd have to face the fact your self worth is based on your ability to collect rather ability to do.

An insane amount of firearms and I bet you are anything but proficient w/ any of them. You must be proud.

But hey now I'm stooping to your level. Let's get back on topic. So, where are the links? Copy and paste the text if supplying a link isn't in your skill set.
Old 03-10-2013, 19:35   #88
glock2740
Gun lover.

Hey mjkeat, did you ever realize that this entire thread is about opinion? The OP asked for personal thoughts and opinions. Your very first post in this thread contributes nothing to the OP's question. Obviously you have a problem with Brian owning so many guns. I own quite a few myself. Does that put me on you "enemies of mjkeat" list? Damn I sure hope it does. The quicker you STFU and go have intercourse with yourself, the better off you'll be. Not to mention how much better off everyone in this thread will be. I have seen not one single person stand with you in your assinine statements. That's kind of a hint that it just might be you...
Old 03-10-2013, 19:38   #89
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
I don't expect others to agree w/ me considering the environment. If you, bac types, agreed w/ me that would mean you'd have to face the fact your self worth is based on your ability to collect rather ability to do.

An insane amount of firearms and I bet you are anything but proficient w/ any of them. You must be proud.

But hey now I'm stooping to your level. Let's get back on topic. So, where are the links? Copy and paste the text if supplying a link isn't in your skill set.
If I can afford as many guns as I own, you think I can't afford ammo? You truly are a clown. I bet I shoot more rounds in a month than you've shot in the past 2 years.
Old 03-10-2013, 19:51   #90
bac1023

Quote:
If I can afford as many guns as I own, you think I can't afford ammo? You truly are a clown. I bet I shoot more rounds in a month than you've shot in the past 2 years.
That's the funny thing about it. I don't think he realizes you can have a lot of guns and shoot at the same time. In another thread, he stated that he tried collecting and got bored with it.

I told him that once he learns how to walk and chew gum at the same time, he might figure out how to buy guns and shoot at the same time...

It's really hard for me to fathom how somebody could make this big a horse's ass out of himself on a public forum. Wow

Old 03-10-2013, 20:08   #91
glock2740
Gun lover.

Sometimes mommy don't come down to the basement. Sometimes she just don't know what's really going on down there. Shame. Just pitiful.

Old 03-10-2013, 20:11   #92
JimIsland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Browning Hi-Power, CZ 75, 92fs, and Glock 19/17 all come to mind when I think 9mm.
Exactly what comes to mind.
Old 03-10-2013, 20:18   #93
mjkeat

2470, The part I commented on has nothing to do w/ opinion

I highly doubt you do but in reality round count just like gun ownership has nothing to do w/ proficiency. I have seen shooters burn 500 rounds a week who couldn't shoot.

And you're correct, it is a hint. It's a hint that the firearms community is void of actual shooters but full of gazers. Well, not all of them. There are some sites full of real shooters. You'll find that those sites don't allow people to make claims of fact w/o supporting evidence.

That said my point has been made, claims should be supported. Maybe I should be a little more tactful in my approach but what the hell.

I should let you old guys have your glory regardless of how hollow it is.

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-10-2013 at 20:19..
Old 03-10-2013, 20:18   #94
countrygun

He has got to be a poster child for helmet laws.

I have never seen anyone above the age of 10 take his approach.

"I don't want to take your word for something, I want you to prove it to me" Cheezits Crisp does he think he is "King S&%t" ? I know he can read but apparently nobody has taught him that if you don't think someone is correct the burden is on YOU to do the research to disprove them. He isn't anybody that anyone else should feel obliged to spoon feed information to.

The only adults I have ever met, without a medical reason, who talked like that, were a group of people, I went to college with, who were there on oil money and used to having servants to do their research and thinking for them. Same kind of arrogant attitude. Since I am not sure about his origins and see no language clues he is in the second group, I can only conclude he belongs in the first group.

Last edited by countrygun; 03-10-2013 at 20:43..
Old 03-10-2013, 20:21   #95
hi-power man
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Browing/FN Hi-power or Cz75
These are the ones.
Old 03-10-2013, 20:31   #96
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
He has got to be a poster child for helmet laws.

I have never seen anyone above the age of 1 take his approach.

"I don't want to take your word for something, I want you to prove it to me" Cheezits Crisp does he think he is "King S&%t" ? I know he can read but apparently nobody has taught him that if you don't think someone is correct the burden is on YOU to do the research to disprove them. He isn't anybody that anyone else should feel obliged to spoon feed information to.

The only adults I have ever met, without a medical reason, who talked like that, were a group of people when I went to college who were there on oil money and used to having servants to do their research and thinking for them. same kind of arrogant attitude. Since I am not sure about his origins and see no language clues he is in the second group, I can only conclude he belongs in the first group.
I tried telling him that till I was blue in the face in another thread. It is not my job to provide him with evidence, because I frankly don't give two damns whether he believes me or not. He can go on being an ignorance ass the rest of his life and I won't lose a minute of sleep.

Why he thinks it's my job to provide him with documentation, I have no idea. Now, if I were trying to prove a new theory of mine to someone of importance, I could see the need to back my claim.

What I was telling him were not "claims" as he likes to call them. They were simple facts and were common knowledge and were also easy to look up.

Old 03-10-2013, 20:31   #97
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

So, I was at the archery range today,.......

General Firearms Forum
Old 03-10-2013, 20:33   #98
mjkeat

The burden of proof falls on the person making the claim.

When the geologist claimed the Earth was one big mass was it the communities burden to prove him wrong or did the burden fall on his shoulders? The burden to prove his claim as fact was his alone.

When bac makes a claim of "bona-fide" "real" or of history it is his burden to prove himself correct.
Old 03-10-2013, 20:35   #99
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
2470, The part I commented on has nothing to do w/ opinion

I highly doubt you do but in reality round count just like gun ownership has nothing to do w/ proficiency. I have seen shooters burn 500 rounds a week who couldn't shoot.

And you're correct, it is a hint. It's a hint that the firearms community is void of actual shooters but full of gazers. Well, not all of them. There are some sites full of real shooters. You'll find that those sites don't allow people to make claims of fact w/o supporting evidence.

That said my point has been made, claims should be supported. Maybe I should be a little more tactful in my approach but what the hell.

I should let you old guys have your glory regardless of how hollow it is.
Can someone please translate? I don't speak dumbass. I haven't an idea what his post meant. Really. I don't.
Old 03-10-2013, 20:35   #100
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Give it up Mike, you are acting like a ......

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 03-10-2013 at 20:37..

Closed Thread