SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:26   #61
Cole125
Silver Membership

Browning Hi-Power, CZ 75, 92fs, and Glock 19/17 all come to mind when I think 9mm.

Last edited by Cole125; 03-10-2013 at 01:26..
Old 03-10-2013, 01:28   #62
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Browning Hi-Power, CZ 75, 92fs, and Glock 19/17 all come to mind when I think 9mm.
A good list for sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 03-10-2013 at 04:15..
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34   #63
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Sig, but be careful, you may catch the Signess.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:04   #64
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Doesn't sound like learning has ever been part of your job. You just sit in your high chair and get spoon fed.
Kids nowadays...what are you gonna do?

If it don't shown on da intrawebz it don't happen for them.

Reading books and learning? Why, when you can just do da googlie thingamajig.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08   #65
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
And you could do your own research instead of expecting people to wait on you.

Don't tell me that you are so bereft of intellectual acuity that you can't manage such a simple task and have to have it done for you?
You should ask him what his credentials are.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18   #66
Nutt66

Glock 17 and/or Beretta M9
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41   #67
45caldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSTG58 View Post
The 9mm "Luger"! The round was invented for it.
I can't believe how long this thread has gone on. I haven't read all the posts and frankly the last post to end the thread should have said simply this ^^^^^^^^^^
The 9mm was developed for the Luger and many head stamps STILL read 9mm LUGER...........
Everyone may have an opinion on which pistol is their favorite 9mm but the answer to the question is the German P-08 Luger!

Last edited by 45caldan; 03-10-2013 at 08:42..
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24   #68
mjkeat

I guess elementary school was to long ago. Supporting your claims with facts, such an easy concept. Or so I thought. It's what people do when discussing fact and making claims. Maybe they didn't teach that back then.

I guess it's what separates the doers from the gazers.

Oh, fnfal don't start. You're nothing but a fake with your false claims of past experiences. Remember your claims of combat experience when there wasn't a single shot fired? I know you'll have something wonderful to say in response. The thing is you've been outed by another member here (AK-Stick I believe). I'll have to find the post.

Lots of guys posturing in different forms around here. All of which are unwilling to back what they're saying with fact.

I knew my posts would rock the boat. Forums like this are a playground for those needing to inject some self worth into their lives. When someone asks for proof the merry-go-round grinds to a halt and the insults begin to fly in defense of that false self worth.

Reality get out of here, you're raining on our parade.

Same idea applies to the hoarding of items such as firearms. Seems some attach self worth to the number of firearms they have. Others go a step further and attach social stature to it as well.

This false reality you've all built here and your worship of gazers is what pushes actual doers and SMEs to stop posting on this forum. In the end it's what you want because they'd only interfere with your plans. The forums loss in the end.

Sling your fallacies at will. Go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50   #69
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I guess elementary school was to long ago. Supporting your claims with facts, such an easy concept. Or so I thought. It's what people do when discussing fact and making claims. Maybe they didn't teach that back then.

I guess it's what separates the doers from the gazers.

Oh, fnfal don't start. You're nothing but a fake with your false claims of past experiences. Remember your claims of combat experience when there wasn't a single shot fired? I know you'll have something wonderful to say in response. The thing is you've been outed by another member here (AK-Stick I believe). I'll have to find the post.

Lots of guys posturing in different forms around here. All of which are unwilling to back what they're saying with fact.

I knew my posts would rock the boat. Forums like this are a playground for those needing to inject some self worth into their lives. When someone asks for proof the merry-go-round grinds to a halt and the insults begin to fly in defense of that false self worth.

Reality get out of here, you're raining on our parade.

Same idea applies to the hoarding of items such as firearms. Seems some attach self worth to the number of firearms they have. Others go a step further and attach social stature to it as well.

This false reality you've all built here and your worship of gazers is what pushes actual doers and SMEs to stop posting on this forum. In the end it's what you want because they'd only interfere with your plans. The forums loss in the end.

Sling your fallacies at will. Go.

Hahahaha

You are so far over your head it isn't funny and all you can do is try to pull everyone down to your level.

Why don't you go into the "Gaston Glock-John M Browning" thread and dig up the post where somebody says that "John Browning was born years before Gaston Glock" and dare them to prove that claim to your satisfaction?

Hahhaha.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:05   #70
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

.45 = Glock

General Firearms Forum

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10   #71
glock2740
Gun lover.

To get back on topic, I'd say that there are several guns that come to mind when I here 9mm:
Luger
Browning HP
Glock 17
CZ75
Beretta 92
With the first 2 being definately the front runners. I am really surprised that I haven't picked up a BHP of CZ75B yet. Someday...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26   #72
CMG

Quote:
What's my age?
Physical? No idea...

Mental, from your posts here, I'd say 13... you just sound so much like a brand new teen.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31   #73
OuttaHand

Yes -- back to the original purpose of the thread!

I immediately thought of the German P-08 Luger. That's my first thought with 9mm.
I really never liked the looks of the gun. Never had the pleasure of firing one, it's just a LOOKS thing. I just don't like the squared-off receiver with the cylindrical barrel.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:33   #74
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The answer is obviously the Luger.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 03-10-2013, 11:08   #75
mjkeat

Quote:
Hahahaha

You are so far over your head it isn't funny and all you can do is try to pull everyone down to your level.

Why don't you go into the "Gaston Glock-John M Browning" thread and dig up the post where somebody says that "John Browning was born years before Gaston Glock" and dare them to prove that claim to your satisfaction?

Hahhaha.
Yes you're correct. Asking a bunch of "back in my day" "what could have been" "if only I was young again" "it's fact because I say so" types living through their forum "accomplishments" to back their claims is horrible.

The only way this is dragging everyone down is by injecting a little reality into the fantasy world some have created here.

But hey, I'll play the bad guy.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:00   #76
wavetrain75
Useless Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Sig, but be careful, you may catch the Signess.
Is that the Six Hour flu?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34   #77
bac1023

Quote:
Yes you're correct. Asking a bunch of "back in my day" "what could have been" "if only I was young again" "it's fact because I say so" types living through their forum "accomplishments" to back their claims is horrible.

The only way this is dragging everyone down is by injecting a little reality into the fantasy world some have created here.

Why are you even in this thread?

Do you realize how stupid you sound asking for supporting evidence for things that have been fact for 100+ years? Are you serious?

Man, just when I thought I had seen it all on GT, you come around. Good God

I ask you again, do you have an opinion on the question raised by the OP? If not, get out of the thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50   #78
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

The reason I can't back the Luger is that the OP seemed to be asking for something similar to the 1911.

In other words a classic that can still be used for personal protection and concealed carry.

The Luger just doesn't fit that definition. It's a great military collectible, but it's far different from the Hi Power and 1911.

Although the S&W Model 39/59 were indeed trend setters in the history of the 9mm--let's face it--they were not really a great design, nor a great success and they did fall out of favor.

That's why I chose the Hi Power in the first place, but it all depends on how you interpret the OPs question.
“The Proles had reverted to a lifestyle that suited them, heavy physical work, family, church, petty quarrels with neighbors, hunting and fishing, T.V., sports, beer and gambling filled up the limited horizon of their minds.”
― George Orwell

Last edited by Seriously?; 03-10-2013 at 12:55..
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52   #79
countrygun

Quote:

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Old 03-10-2013, 15:36   #80
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Why are you even in this thread?

Do you realize how stupid you sound asking for supporting evidence for things that have been fact for 100+ years? Are you serious?

Man, just when I thought I had seen it all on GT, you come around. Good God

I ask you again, do you have an opinion on the question raised by the OP? If not, get out of the thread.
Correct or not w/o support your claim of fact is nothing but opinion.

As far as the OP when I hear 9mm I think workhorse like Glock or M&P.

Closed Thread