Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 21:43   #41
CMG

.45=1911 9mm=1911 too!

(L - R) DW PM9, Kimber Pro Aegis, SA EMP

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by CMG; 03-09-2013 at 21:44..
Old 03-09-2013, 21:48   #42
collim1
Shower Time!

Beretta 92 is the first thing that comes to my mind. Great guns.
Old 03-09-2013, 21:58   #43
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

Originally Posted by bac1023 General Firearms Forum
Quote:
Yeah, but the Luger wasn't developed for the 9mm. It was the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Yes, link to the documentation supporting these claims or should we just except it as fact because you said so?
Bac1023 is correct.

It's common knowledge. Just read any history of the Luger.
“The Proles had reverted to a lifestyle that suited them, heavy physical work, family, church, petty quarrels with neighbors, hunting and fishing, T.V., sports, beer and gambling filled up the limited horizon of their minds.”
― George Orwell
Old 03-09-2013, 23:11   #44
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
Originally Posted by bac1023 General Firearms Forum

Bac1023 is correct.

It's common knowledge. Just read any history of the Luger.
Forget it. He's hasn't figured out how to google anything yet and he lacks any common knowledge.

He's the biggest troll I've seen on GT in many, many years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-09-2013, 23:52   #45
mjkeat

How about the claims of the .38 Super and .45? We only seem to be focusing on 1/3 of the story.

If it's common knowledge it should be easy to post links.

It's the maker of the claim who's duty it is to provide the proof. Sorry that I'm not impressed enough to take your word for it. Not saying you're wrong but it is proper to provide supporting evidence. Plus, was busy counting my 9mm brass. 3,580 cases in the last 4 months of 9mm alone. Not shaby considering if shooting outdoors I leave it lay for the land owner. There's atleast that much 5.56 waiting to be counted from roughly the same span of time and I run steel case the majority of the time, though it has been hard to find lately. Anyone want to purchase some brass?
Old 03-09-2013, 23:57   #46
vikingsoftpaw

1 - Browning High Power
2 - Beretta 92
3 - 3rd Gen Smith 3906, 5906, 6906, etc

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Last edited by vikingsoftpaw; 03-09-2013 at 23:57..
Old 03-10-2013, 00:06   #47
countrygun

Quote:
How about the claims of the .38 Super and .45? We only seem to be focusing on 1/3 of the story.

It's the maker of the claim who's duty it is to provide the proof. Sorry that I'm not impressed enough to take your word for it. Not saying you're wrong but it is proper to provide supporting evidence. Plus, was busy counting my 9mm brass. 3,580 cases in the last 4 months of 9mm alone. Not shaby considering if shooting outdoors I leave it lay for the land owner. There's atleast that much 5.56 waiting to be counted from roughly the same span of time and I run steel case the majority of the time, though it has been hard to find lately. Anyone want to purchase some brass?

Bueller, Bueller?

Bac related it the way I learned as a teenager, way back when we used books. I don't think they changed history since then.

If you lack the ability to look up the birthdate of the .45 acp and the .38 Super and compare them to the, oh, Colt/Browning 1911 (that's a clue by the way) then I am afreaid you fail the homework portion for the week.

If you didn't know it by know you aren't doing too well on the basic knowledge portion of the course either.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:09   #48
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Bueller, Bueller?

Bac related it the way I learned as a teenager, way back when we used books. I don't think they changed history since then.

If you lack the ability to look up the birthdate of the .45 acp and the .38 Super and compare them to the, oh, Colt/Browning 1911 (that's a clue by the way) then I am afreaid you fail the homework portion for the week.

If you didn't know it by know you aren't doing too well on the basic knowledge portion of the course either.
Not my job, not the point.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:10   #49
bac1023

Quote:

It's the maker of the claim who's duty it is to provide the proof. Sorry that I'm not impressed enough to take your word for it.

Why, on Earth, would I care whether or not you take my word for it?

Believe what you want, it matters not to me. I don't post links for your benefit. I learned this info without people posting links for me, so find it yourself if you choose to. If you don't, that's ok too.

I'm not ruining another thread debating with a troll. Have fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:12   #50
countrygun

Quote:
Doesn't sound like learning has ever been part of your job. You just sit in your high chair and get spoon fed.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:18   #51
jcbarlow
Glock 27

Quote:

It's the maker of the claim blah blah blah...
Ugh. Not this guy again.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2013, 00:19   #52
bac1023

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't sound like learning has ever been part of your job. You just sit in your high chair and get spoon fed.
That is pretty funny.

Did he just say its not his job to educate himself???

Thankfully, most of us don't share that theory or we would all be as ignorant as he is.

Old 03-10-2013, 00:24   #53
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
That is pretty funny.

Thankfully, most of us don't share that theory or we would all be as ignorant as he is.
Pretty sad. Back when I was a child his age I had to read books at the library, or magazines, and I had to learn on my own. Now, with all the internet at their finger tips, there are some who can't even do their own research. What a great generation they are going to be when they grow up.

They are going to be like the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors"

"Feed me Seymour"
Old 03-10-2013, 00:28   #54
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
That is pretty funny.

I see you're still at it. Trying to misrepresent in order to redirect.

I'll be a little more direct for you. It isn't my job to do your foot-work as I didn't make the claim. It is your job to support your claim. It's a hard concept for you to follow and I apologize.

The true colors come out when the tide changes, huh? It's amusing to see the minions come out of the closet to defend the honorable great one, Mr. Collector.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:32   #55
mjkeat

Quote:
Pretty sad. Back when I was a child his age I had to read books at the library, or magazines, and I had to learn on my own. Now, with all the internet at their finger tips, there are some who can't even do their own research. What a great generation they are going to be when they grow up.

They are going to be like the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors"

"Feed me Seymour"
What's my age? Another person who makes claims w/o any foundation of fact?

So in your day could anyone say anything and expect others to except it as fact w/o being asked to prove those claims? Sounds like a generation of followers/worshipers.

I know you guys worship bacs ability to collect but fortunately it doesn't impress everyone. It has no practical application. Are you one of his fellow gazers? Must be.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:42   #56
jcbarlow
Glock 27

mjkeat sounds a lot like this guy

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2013, 00:50   #57
mjkeat

You are correct. bac can waste time w/ his friends gazing at their, whatever it is they gaze at or they could get out and actually shoot.

It's funny to see a bunch of "men" get so defensive when someone asks that Mr. Collector supports his claims. In the real world people support their claims. Only the oblivious go around expecting others to simply believe what they say because they say it.
Old 03-10-2013, 00:59   #58
bac1023

So Mikey, do you have an opinion for the OP or are you just going to continue to ruin yet another thread with your mindless gibberish?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:07   #59
countrygun

Quote:
You are correct. bac can waste time w/ his friends gazing at their, whatever it is they gaze at or they could get out and actually shoot.

It's funny to see a bunch of "men" get so defensive when someone asks that Mr. Collector supports his claims. In the real world people support their claims. Only the oblivious go around expecting others to simply believe what they say because they say it.
And you could do your own research instead of expecting people to wait on you.

Don't tell me that you are so bereft of intellectual acuity that you can't manage such a simple task and have to have it done for you?
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22   #60
wingryder

General Firearms Forum

Polymer has changed the course of handguns forever.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by wingryder; 03-10-2013 at 01:23..

Closed Thread