Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:44   #1
ALBin517

Precision Delta wait ?

I ordered 2000 of their 124 JHP (9mm) at the end of January. Their website warns "12 WEEKS OR MORE" but how long are they really taking?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:47   #2
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

At this point at least 12 weeks...
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48   #3
Murphy's Law

Don't think any one can say for sure but at least you're already in line (be thankfully).
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09   #4
sellersm
disciplinare

I ordered mine a little earlier than you and they just arrived the other day...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Prosecute criminals, not guns!
sellersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46   #5
F106 Fan

I placed my order in early January and received the bullets at the end of February. So, about 8 weeks - back in January.

The situation certainly hasn't improved so 12 weeks seems entirely reasonable. Well, not exactly reasonable, but understandable.

But bullets are only part of the equation and I am equally concerned about primers and powder.

I think I have enough components on hand to last through the year but 2014 might be a little thin if things don't pick up.

Richard
Old 03-08-2013, 13:26   #6
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
I placed my order in early January and received the bullets at the end of February. So, about 8 weeks - back in January.

The situation certainly hasn't improved so 12 weeks seems entirely reasonable. Well, not exactly reasonable, but understandable.

But bullets are only part of the equation and I am equally concerned about primers and powder.

I think I have enough components on hand to last through the year but 2014 might be a little thin if things don't pick up.

Richard
Personally, with gun control in serious trouble in the Senate, I think things should be close to normal about the end of the 3rd Quarter. I've always felt the Senate was pretty well in the bag, and the real snag would be in the House... now, it appears it may have a problem just getting out of the Senate.

Even the anti's can't agree on the controls they want (some want extreme, some just want universal background checks) so it will be tough for them to get any pro gun Senator on board.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...id=msnhp&pos=1
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:01   #7
seaswol
NRA Life Member

PeeOood!

I think that is what the Mailperson and FedEx person felt today. 3K of 230 cast bullets and 12K of 9mm 147 JHPs. Roze took two weeks and Missouri BC took just under three weeks to deliver, which I think is GREAT. Now if I could only find primers. I think $150 per sleeve will become the inexpensive price point. LGS is limiting sales to 400 primers per sale @$4.60 per hundred, yeh, tell me about buying local. This is old stock they dug out of a warehouse in Texas.
Chris
Old 03-08-2013, 14:27   #8
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Personally, with gun control in serious trouble in the Senate, I think things should be close to normal about the end of the 3rd Quarter. I've always felt the Senate was pretty well in the bag, and the real snag would be in the House... now, it appears it may have a problem just getting out of the Senate.

Even the anti's can't agree on the controls they want (some want extreme, some just want universal background checks) so it will be tough for them to get any pro gun Senator on board.
I hope you are right but I doubt it... The problem isn't at the Federal level. Even if they did everything on the shopping list, it would be no more than California already does. No biggee to us, one way or the other.

OTOH, California is going insane as are several other states. I never would have thought that Colorado was liberal but they are about to go off the deep end. I hear rumblings from Oregon - a state where shooting range signs are posted along the highway (on the right, going north, fairly close to the California border).

Then there is the DHS order for 1.7 BILLION rounds of ammo. If the factories could make 1 MILLION rounds per day, it would take 4.7 years to fill the order. Talk about sucking all the air out of the room! Now, I have no idea how much manufacturing capacity we have (without including Lake City) but a million rounds per day sounds like a lot.

Maybe it it ten times that or 10 million rounds per day. In that case it would only take 6 months to clear that order but it will take equally as long to refill the pipeline. And that's if people stop with the panic buying. Not likely...

Then there is the idea that there is no hurry to refill the pipeline because everybody has already stocked up on ammo and the stuff might just sit on the shelf for several years.

The factories are caught in a bad spot. They don't dare use overtime to increase production because that would increase the price and the government might accuse them of profiteering. They are probably obliged to fill the DHS order in preference to filling civilian orders and there is the compounding problem that LE agencies are also running low on ammo and they can't get it either!

I'm a pessimist. I don't see this getting cleared up for a couple of years - if then. After all, things are much worse than 2008 and that debacle lasted over two years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2...ition_shortage

Note in the article that even back then, agencies had to curtail training.

Then we have the UN treaty hanging over us.

This is not a good time to be a recreational shooter!

Richard

Last edited by F106 Fan; 03-08-2013 at 14:28..
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:50   #9
sellersm
disciplinare

The gun-grabbers are at work today at the Capitol. Official vote is next week, I believe... Bloomberg, Biden and the "East Coast Lib machine" has been active here recently and we're seeing the results with these stupid bills being passed through all the committees, House and Senate. There's even one that tries to hold the seller and manufacturer liable for any crimes that are committed with a firearm sold!!

Old 03-08-2013, 16:51   #10
seaswol
NRA Life Member

"East Coast Lib machine"

Please be careful on using this term. My ancestors, family and wifes's family are hardly a part of "East Coast Lib machine". Connecticut continues to be conservative when it comes to guns. You go to the county and submit the necessary paperwork for a permit to carry. Usually, easily approved, resubmit to the CSP and the process for approval is almost automatic. This process is very easy along with the Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont processies. I do not know Rhode Island's process. Please do not include New York and New Jersey as part of the "North East". A majority of the NY and NJ residents do not approve of their states actions but are just too damn lazy to get out and "VOTE". Yes, I became a Florida resident in 1994 when I reitred from the Navy. I am still a "Connecticut Yankee" as are Southerners who are real "Red Necks". We agree most of the time as long as we understand each others "dialect"
Chris
"Qui transtulet, sustinet" This is the principle on which America was founded.
Old 03-08-2013, 22:46   #11
Kablam

You can defend the east coast as being pro gun if you'd like to. Doesn't Ct have an "assault weapons ban"? In addition to NY and NJ, you have Mass and Md. Hardly gun friendly, and that's where the population is. Look at the electoral college results from those states, including Ct, Vt, Me and then try to convince yourself there isn't an "east coast lib machine."

In any case, I think Richard has it right. And the population density in the crazy anti 2nd states, need to include Ca, will not help.

Last edited by Kablam; 03-08-2013 at 22:48..
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 23:39   #12
sellersm
disciplinare

I'm a former NY'er. I know of what I speak. And just where is Bloomberg from?

Yeah, I thought so... Isn't DC on the East Coast?

OK, I'll just call it "the influence of Soros". There, feel better?