Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2013, 19:41   #21
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

The 10mm is almost always going to be one of the most expensive and hardest to find.

Maybe Gunbot won't show that, but most of us know it.

I have real ammo right now.
“The Proles had reverted to a lifestyle that suited them, heavy physical work, family, church, petty quarrels with neighbors, hunting and fishing, T.V., sports, beer and gambling filled up the limited horizon of their minds.”
― George Orwell

Last edited by Seriously?; 03-08-2013 at 19:41..
Seriously? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 19:41   #22
CA Escapee
Finally!

I see Russian .40 S&W and .45 acp at the WalMarts north of Denver for .40/round.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Thornton and Loveland, CO have lots of flavors at the customer service counter and 10mm sitting out in the wild on the shelves.

Bill
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 19:46   #23
CybrSlydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenforme View Post
Just had 200 rounds of Underwood 180 grain FMJ delivered yesterday
Yeah, I saw their Facebook update saying they got some of that in but I didn't have the $$$ at the time to take advantage. :(
CybrSlydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 20:33   #24
Bruce M

Quote:
Good point but I can't imagine that working here on the left coast - the population density is too high for the local fauna to support for very long.
I don't think that problem will be limited to just the left coast.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 21:16   #25
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I don't think that problem will be limited to just the left coast.
True dat! But, it won't be anywhere near as bad over here on the West coast, especially the Pacific North West outside the cities. But, just to be sure, i upgraded and repaired all my diving gear and bought a nice spear gun and customized it.

Underwater around here is like a grocery store filled with fish and crab and other yummies that are free for the taking... but only for those who have the gear and know-how to go get it.

Want some fresh Ling Cod? Crab? Oysters? Scallops? Geoducks? Rockfish? Shrimp? Salmon? Mussels? Custom order? What do you have to trade?

SEAFOOD... GET YER FRESH SEAFOOD... CAUGHT 5 MINUTES AGO... SEAFOOD....

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGrip™ Manufacturer Website

AGrip™ Installation Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 22:19   #26
gunowner1

I was curious what it cost me to reload 10mm so I used the handload cost calculator to find out. Even with the cost of components I'm still only paying .38 a round. after the first loading I take out the cost of the casings, of course I bought 2,000 before the panic, and it drops to .21 per round. I only have about a thousand rolled up right now but have enough powder, primers, and projectiles to roll up another four thousand when I get low.
gunowner1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 21:08   #27
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz10m View Post
True dat! But, it won't be anywhere near as bad over here on the West coast, especially the Pacific North West outside the cities. But, just to be sure, i upgraded and repaired all my diving gear and bought a nice spear gun and customized it.

Underwater around here is like a grocery store filled with fish and crab and other yummies that are free for the taking... but only for those who have the gear and know-how to go get it.

Want some fresh Ling Cod? Crab? Oysters? Scallops? Geoducks? Rockfish? Shrimp? Salmon? Mussels? Custom order? What do you have to trade?

SEAFOOD... GET YER FRESH SEAFOOD... CAUGHT 5 MINUTES AGO... SEAFOOD....
Great point, I am a waterman as well. The only competition will be the man in the white suit

Although the shell fish along CA's North Coast are often off limits because of the toxic plankon they eat I harvested a gallon of monster mussels a couple of weeks back but when I checked on line - there was a warning out even though they were supposedly in season.
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 21:33   #28
TK-421

I wish people would quit buying stuff, so that the shelves can get stocked up. Prices won't go down until people stop buying and shelves stock up. Then they'll lower prices to move stuff, and hopefully we can finally be over with these stupid prices.

It's people like all of you guys that keep me from being able to get my 6920 at a reasonable price.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 22:17   #29
gunowner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I wish people would quit buying stuff, so that the shelves can get stocked up. Prices won't go down until people stop buying and shelves stock up. Then they'll lower prices to move stuff, and hopefully we can finally be over with these stupid prices.

It's people like all of you guys that keep me from being able to get my 6920 at a reasonable price.
I picked up my LE6920FDE back in August for $980.00 out the door. I also picked up 2,000 rounds of 5.56mm and twenty FDE PMags. I have a ton of ammo left cause I just keep reloading the same hundred rounds. I am down to 3,000 SRP's though.
gunowner1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 23:14   #30
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunowner1 View Post
I picked up my LE6920FDE back in August for $980.00 out the door. I also picked up 2,000 rounds of 5.56mm and twenty FDE PMags. I have a ton of ammo left cause I just keep reloading the same hundred rounds. I am down to 3,000 SRP's though.
Either sell it to me, or stop rubbing it in.

There's a LEO shop close to me that also does business with civilians, and they'd sell me an LE6920 for $995, if they had them in stock. But thanks to people panic buying, and stockpiling, they're out of stock and have no idea whether it'll be one month, six months, or a year plus before they'll get more.

And, of course, I couldn't buy anything pre-sandy hook because I didn't have a job. And now that I do have a job, either nobody has what I want at the price I want, or people want 2x+ of what it's worth. I won't pay more than $1k for a 6920, and yet some people are charging $2-3k, it's nuts.

Someone sell me a spare 6920 so I can quit pissing and moaning.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 15:49   #31
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Great point, I am a waterman as well. The only competition will be the man in the white suit

Although the shell fish along CA's North Coast are often off limits because of the toxic plankon they eat I harvested a gallon of monster mussels a couple of weeks back but when I checked on line - there was a warning out even though they were supposedly in season.
Man in the white suit? Is that a California gov thing? If society collapses that will go away.

Yeah, the toxic plankton times can be a problem. If you have a warning on even when the shellfish are in season it is typically because there is too much crap in the water from peoples failed septic systems. Especially if the water has been warm. A LOT of this crap comes up from Mexico during the summer... but the US and Canada dump their share, too. Gross.

You like those mussels, too? Yeah, give me the mussels... the BIG ones... they are the BEST... right out of the water and on to the BBQ cooked in their own juices... mmmmmm....

Brooks W. Speier

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 03-10-2013, 15:53   #32
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post

You must be joking. Actually, it's quite the opposite. The more people buy the easier it is to stock the shelves. The less they by the more likely the manufacturers will go out of business and the stores will have nothing to sell.

The thing to wish for is the manufacturers keeping up with demand. That's how jobs are really "created".

Brooks W. Speier

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 03-10-2013, 17:07   #33
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz10m View Post
Man in the white suit? Is that a California gov thing? If society collapses that will go away.

Yeah, the toxic plankton times can be a problem. If you have a warning on even when the shellfish are in season it is typically because there is too much crap in the water from peoples failed septic systems. Especially if the water has been warm. A LOT of this crap comes up from Mexico during the summer... but the US and Canada dump their share, too. Gross.

You like those mussels, too? Yeah, give me the mussels... the BIG ones... they are the BEST... right out of the water and on to the BBQ cooked in their own juices... mmmmmm....
Ha no, "The man in the white suit" is what we call Great White Sharks down here and they are pretty active along the Sonoma and Marin shorelines.

The issue we have here with Mussels is a toxic plankton that is native to these waters. Its been made worse by run-off as it causes the plankton to bloom and to stay around in bigger numbers for longer.

Our Coast Line is right where the Humbolt Current up-wells, so its not really affected by external stuff coming up or down the coast line.
Old 03-10-2013, 18:08   #34
Swipter

I have actually considered a G20 as my second Glock due to the 10mm ammo pricing. That is the most ridiculous thing.
Swipter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 18:54   #35
G23c

Its the only caliber easily available at the Academy near me.
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34   #36
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipter View Post
I have actually considered a G20 as my second Glock due to the 10mm ammo pricing. That is the most ridiculous thing.
If you haven't tried one before, if you can, go and shoot one - you will be amazed at how well it shoots. I mostly shot a Glock 34 before my G20SF and was very surprised at how manageable the G20 is and how quickly you can get rounds on target.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48   #37
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
If you haven't tried one before, if you can, go and shoot one - you will be amazed at how well it shoots. I mostly shot a Glock 34 before my G20SF and was very surprised at how manageable the G20 is and how quickly you can get rounds on target.
So your hand fits well around that G20 slim frame?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46   #38
tenforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
So your hand fits well around that G20 slim frame?
Yes I was surprised how well it fits and I don't have big hands.

With ~500lbff loads I don't find it much different to shooting a G34 (apart from the fact that G34's have 3.5lb triggers).

I am waiting for a 22lb recoil spring to try it with a 6" barrel and 700-800lbft Underwood ammo.

Last edited by tenforme; 03-13-2013 at 10:47..
Old 03-13-2013, 14:08   #39
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Yes I was surprised how well it fits and I don't have big hands.

With ~500lbff loads I don't find it much different to shooting a G34 (apart from the fact that G34's have 3.5lb triggers).

I am waiting for a 22lb recoil spring to try it with a 6" barrel and 700-800lbft Underwood ammo.
I have large hands.
Old 03-13-2013, 20:10   #40
390ish

If I didn't handload, there is no way I would own a 10mm.
390ish is offline   Reply With Quote