GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:13   #26
Will Beararms

Take this guy out period. It is time to liberate those people. If not then we need to pull out of any other theater we are in. Take him out and dare Iran to threaten us. Enough already!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18   #27
moonwilson

Oh hai.
The Okie Corral
These things (we have a few) make any North Korean nuclear threat a pathetic joke. Never mind the SAC, we have a few boomers that can send a very nice thank-you note to Li'l Kim.

Last edited by moonwilson; 03-07-2013 at 10:20..
moonwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30   #28
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33   #29
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwilson View Post
Oh hai.
The Okie Corral
These things (we have a few) make any North Korean nuclear threat a pathetic joke. Never mind the SAC, we have a few boomers that can send a very nice thank-you note to Li'l Kim.
Very true, but after his satellite that was launched on 12 December that passes right over our heartland every day at an altitude of ~330 miles go boom, we are in a world of hurt. ( very possible, but I'm not sure what it really is capable of). So sure our boomers will be able to make mincemeat of NK, but they cannot launch without Nat Cmd Authority, and that maybe caught flat footed for they seem to be, we'll, stupid, currently anyway.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55   #30
moonwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockworks View Post
Very true, but after his satellite that was launched on 12 December that passes right over our heartland every day at an altitude of ~330 miles go boom, we are in a world of hurt. ( very possible, but I'm not sure what it really is capable of). So sure our boomers will be able to make mincemeat of NK, but they cannot launch without Nat Cmd Authority, and that maybe caught flat footed for they seem to be, we'll, stupid, currently anyway.
You think an EMP would completely wipe out top-level American military communications? Interesting.

Last edited by moonwilson; 03-07-2013 at 10:56..
moonwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58   #31
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydobbs View Post
So...two hours would break down to laughing about sucker punching the US for about...twenty minutes or so...before NATO starts pounding his country to dust, another ten minutes of mania before NATO pulls out, and we hit him with everything we've got (think god-like temper tantrum on an ant colony...), then the last hour and a half or so dying of acute radiation poisoning along with at least half of his country-men (assume we were even -somewhat- particular about what we hit, of course).

Pretty much.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00   #32
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

The problem with petty little despot dictators is that pretty soon they start to believe themselves.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11   #33
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Time to dig out the old war-heads in storage, Load them up in a a few B-52s and turn South Korea into an "island Nation"!!

China and Russia may like the new short-cut along their coasts!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11   #34
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
The problem with petty little despot dictators is that pretty soon they start to believe themselves.
Here is one thing though, as he has grown up in the DPRK palace, he has watched his father and Grandfather wring their hands and have a complete melt down whenever we did our major exercises with the ROK(Team Spirit and Foal Eagle).

He also knows what we have waiting to stuff up his ass. And personally, I am thinking, if he got froggy, he will not hit the states, but a U.S. base in ROK.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18   #35
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
Here is one thing though, as he has grown up in the DPRK palace, he has watched his father and Grandfather wring their hands and have a complete melt down whenever we did our major exercises with the ROK(Team Spirit and Foal Eagle).
Flip it around a bit, though. Are you sure what he saw was meltdowns and wringing hands? Or did he only see the same 'public' side, where his father and grandfather 'stood up to the bullies in America and their friends' and were never forced to back down? Sure, they had imposed sanctions nationally, but do you think that really applied to the top of the food-chain in Pyongyang?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21   #36
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
One of the reasons for this current ratcheting up of rhetoric (hopefully it's only rhetoric) from North Korea is because the discussion HAS been had with China. Obviously I wasn't in the room so I don't know what was said, but whatever it was, China is on board with the newest round of sanctions that are supposed to be announced today - the ones that are serving as the current lit fuse in Pyongyang.

Keep racheting sanctions without anything else will just push the North Koreans over the edge. China could ask for a high level meeting and remove the entire command structure if they saw fit. They will get the United States to spend more money and personnel so they don't have to.

Last edited by Bruce H; 03-07-2013 at 11:22..
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22   #37
Mr Spock
Vulcan

We should never discount the fanaticism of a people who have kept total military readiness to continue a war for as long as they have. I equate their belief in their views on the same level of an Al Qaeda suicide bomber's belief in his.

That said, we'd lose a LOT of Obama voters (Cali's electoral college votes would definitely have to be recalibrated) and they'd lose... Everything and everyone...
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23   #38
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Flip it around a bit, though. Are you sure what he saw was meltdowns and wringing hands? Or did he only see the same 'public' side, where his father and grandfather 'stood up to the bullies in America and their friends' and were never forced to back down? Sure, they had imposed sanctions nationally, but do you think that really applied to the top of the food-chain in Pyongyang?
Well that is a good take, never looked at it that way. And no I am not sure of the events in the palace, but I am dead sure of what we have in store for him.

Unless his advisors are not telling him what is in store for him, he is that stupid and illiterate or will not to read the briefings...
Old 03-07-2013, 11:33   #39
Willfulone
CCA Corvette

Thems fight"n words.

Truth is, if they had oil, we would have taken them out
long ago.

They can say what ever they want because they have nothing
we want...

Will
Willfulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36   #40
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

North Korea is BEST Korea.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38   #41
raven11

I'm just amazed we haven't gone to war with them again since the Korean War

Attacking the Blue House (Korean president's house)
Blowing up a civilian airliner
Killing a U.S soldier with a axe for cutting a tree on the DMZ
Sinking a South Korean Navy frigate in international waters
Shelling a S.K. Military base

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more
raven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48   #42
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
I'm just amazed we haven't gone to war with them again since the Korean War

Attacking the Blue House (Korean president's house)
Blowing up a civilian airliner
Killing a U.S soldier with a axe for cutting a tree on the DMZ
Sinking a South Korean Navy frigate in international waters
Shelling a S.K. Military base

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more
There is a big one you're forgetting: USS Pueblo.

The issue isn't DPRK, it's their big brother to the north. There has been plenty of cause to step up the action, but it's a truth of the world that we really don't want to give the PRC any excuse to get feisty. Is it just? Not really, but reality.

In this case, though, I get the feeling China's washing their hands of it. If Kim starts flipping nukes, the US may very well be the last ones he's got to worry about.

And for the record, I don't think the US will lob nukes back. Even if North Korea does it, I think there will be a MASSIVE response, but I think it will be conventional. It will be a LOT of conventional, and quite possibly still result in the smoking-crater scenario, but it won't be 'sheet of glass' kind of stuff, either.

That's just my gut feeling.

Last edited by WarCry; 03-07-2013 at 11:50..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04   #43
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Very good point about China. They seem to understand even better than we do that long term world dominance is about economics, not the biggest bombs, and a possible nuclear war on their border would be bad for their economy.

Given their propensity to make internal problems disappear with ruthless efficiency, NK may want to watch out for a China-sponsored coup or assassination if they get close to the button.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:08   #44
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
EMP? It could be lights out for all of us for a very long time?

I would think that is the real danger since we are discounting their equipments ability to strike much of our country.
I'm ready damn it! I just got the new Red Dawn on blu ray Tuesday! It's a training film for tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23   #45
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I would bet any amount of money the JCOS have a pretty good plan to not only take him out rather quickly, but to take out the entire command and control of NK and all their conventional and non conventional weapons.

I also don't think the boomers would be used, maybe a few small tactical weapons we could blame on NK as radiation leaking from their wepons sytems but rest assured if they launched on or at us it woudl be their doom.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:43   #46
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Can they even get a missle to California? Everyone is saying no. They can target us but can't actually hit us. Seems more likely they'd attack a NATO base with US forces a lot closer to home.

That little bastard is crazy if he believes the US wouldn't respond in force. Don't poke the bear.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49   #47
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Can they even get a missle to California? Everyone is saying no. They can target us but can't actually hit us. Seems more likely they'd attack a NATO base with US forces a lot closer to home.

That little bastard is crazy if he believes the US wouldn't respond in force. Don't poke the bear.

That little rat bastard in DPRK has a US problem much much closer to home. Even if he did fire it at Cali, he would never see it hit....

Last edited by ezthumper; 03-07-2013 at 12:49..
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55   #48
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
If our "leaders" ( I use that word loosly) had any testicles at all no one would threaten us with anything at any time over anything anywhere.
As it is at the moment with our milquetoast elite puppets, if the NK did launch against us everyone in DC would wring their hands and blame the US citizens
One can only hope that if they did hit us that we would turn them into a glowing parking lot within a few minutes of their hit.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 13:04   #49
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
More like 2 minutes. But even Kim Sum Dung (or whatever his name is) can't be that stupid.
I don't know if hes that stupid or not; but he is delusional.
Old 03-07-2013, 13:08   #50
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post

I believe the issues would be something closer to home for them: Camp Casey would be a strike on both the US and South Korea at the same time.

Alaska's about 3500 miles, Hawaii is about 4500, but there are also US bases in Japan, they could hit the Phillipines, Guam and the other Mariana Islands. And that's all operating on the assumption they haven't gotten any new toys we don't know about yet.