Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:22   #41
BADOS

Waiting impatiently for my Glock 30S. Ordered it about a month ago or less.
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57   #42
pat8473

pricing glock 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADOS View Post
Waiting impatiently for my Glock 30S. Ordered it about a month ago or less.
can you or anyone tell me a good price for the block 30s i,m looking to buy one
pat8473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 17:21   #43
E'villeGunner

MSR for a 30s is $637 per Blue Book of Gun Values

Last edited by E'villeGunner; 04-23-2013 at 17:22..
E'villeGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 21:52   #44
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockumollie View Post
Hey, nice pistol. I think I would like to have one of those also. I'd wear that on a shoulder rig or inside the pants holster with two 13 round mags to reload and a g26 on my ankle with two 17round mags on the other ankle as a back up. What do ya think?
I am just trying to think of any realistic civilian situation where you could possibly need 2 pistols, 37 rounds of .45, and 45 rounds of 9mm carried on your person.....

Last edited by Roger1079; 09-21-2013 at 21:52..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 15:47   #45
sns3guppy

I've been known to stick a glock on my ankle before, but I've never seen multiple spare magazines for a backup pistol before. Most of the time I have one spare for the one on my waist, and none for the one on the ankle (if there is one on the ankle).

83 rounds of ammunition does seem like a bit of overkill, as well as a lot of extra weight to drag around.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:18   #46
James L Clifton

Glock 30s

Bought a 30S at a gun show Sun.I paid $546.60 out the door.This is my first & only Glock.My reg.carry is a Kimber Pro carry with a S&W MODEL 351PD in my LF pocket, shot the Glock Mon.trigger takes a little getting used too.Thinking about getting the GLOCK rep at the gun show to drop in a new trigger.Wonder what opinions are on this?? I love my Kimber....the Glock is another tool to be used....no disrespect intended to you Glock guys.....hope a mod doesn't ban me for this view!
Jim
James L Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 14:22   #47
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Clifton View Post
Bought a 30S at a gun show Sun.I paid $546.60 out the door.This is my first & only Glock.My reg.carry is a Kimber Pro carry with a S&W MODEL 351PD in my LF pocket, shot the Glock Mon.trigger takes a little getting used too.Thinking about getting the GLOCK rep at the gun show to drop in a new trigger.Wonder what opinions are on this?? I love my Kimber....the Glock is another tool to be used....no disrespect intended to you Glock guys.....hope a mod doesn't ban me for this view!
Jim
Jim, don't give up on the Glock trigger so quickly. Like you said, it does take some time to get use to. And in no way will it EVER feel like the trigger on your Kimber, as it shouldn't.

Give it a chance, train with it and I assure you, it will grow on you. Could the factory Glock trigger be better? Yes, but it's still a very manageable trigger once you put some time in on it.

I run mine right out of the box. The only upgrade I will do on a Glock is sights, period.

Run some 230 grain Remington Golden Sabers in it, and watch how well she groups.

You're going to love that G30S.
dwbG30SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 20:50   #48
Glockgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockumollie View Post
I couldn't wait any longer. today I called the best gun shop I know and they said they had a 30 and a 30s so a quick call to wifey and off I went. When I got there I found out they had a 30 and a 30sf not the slim slide 30s. Knowing that Mas Ayoob had verfied sub 1inch groups at 25yards and not knowing for sure 1.When a 30s would be in and 2. If my question about the slimmer slide and barrel would cost any accuracy I played it safe and went home with the 30sf, 1 extra 13round mag., a box of 20 +p185grain jhp and 50 rounds of 230 grain ball. I am elated. I finally own myself a Glock 30. WOW!, I'm so excited. I purchesed a Glock 26 gen4 about a month ago that I also love. I must say I feel like the cat that got the cannary. Couldn't wait to share with you all.
IMHO you dun good! I have the 30sf & I shoot it as well as any 1911 I've ever fired. I'm sure Mas could out-shoot me with his eyes closed but I'm not sorry I chose the 30sf.
When I purchased mine, the 30s was not in production yet & the G-36 had some reported issues. I also have the G-26 & with a Pearce +2 I get a better grip & my spare mag is the higher capacity one from the G-17 or G-19, I forget which, with the spacer that makes it fit like a factory mag. It's my EDC which I carry OWB.
My goal is to own one of each model Glock except the .357 sig or 10mm. I have no interest in those calibers. But. if the price was right.......
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 14:19   #49
dwbG30SF

I have used Pearce Grip extensions in the past, but have moved away from them. If I'm going to get a better purchase on the grip of my sub compact Glocks, it might as well be with a full size magazine, right.

Enter the X-Grip magazine sleeve. Now I run a G21 mag in my G30SF, and a G19 mag in my G26. Carry lower capacity mags in my pocket.

The G26 can now be a G19, but the 19 can't be a 26.
The G30SF can now be a 21, but the 21 can't be a 30.

It makes so much sense, and works so well. Give these
X-Grips a try, you will be glad you did.

Test-Posts Here
Old 02-22-2015, 17:52   #50
dwbG30SF

Like to give a shout out to "4 Corners Concealment" for making one of the best kydex holsters I've ever used. And the price was very reasonable, compared to others. Fit and finish is superb, with all edges being melted smooth. The biggest thing for me was the retention screws and the excellent belt clip for the IWB model. The clip is actually better than the clip on my Galco Triton. Check them out.

Test-Posts Here
Test-Posts Here
Test-Posts Here
Test-Posts Here
Old 02-23-2015, 06:21   #51
James L Clifton

dwb,
Only thing i see wrong with your ideais,it would ruin my idea of carring iwb concealed!Carrying owb would be no problem....thanks for the info.
Jim
James L Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:00   #52
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Clifton View Post
dwb,
Only thing i see wrong with your ideais,it would ruin my idea of carring iwb concealed!Carrying owb would be no problem....thanks for the info.
Jim
You are right Jim, the G19 mag does make it a little more challenging to conceal. In the winter it's a none issue, but in the summer I opt to carry the 10 round flush mag and toss the G19 mag in my pocket. But that's the beauty of the G26, it can be both 26 and 19, basically.
Don't worry so much about printing. Trust me it's on your mind more than anyone else's.
Test-Posts Here

« Test LInk | test »

Tags
30s, 30sf, accuracy, glock 30, recoil springs