GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2013, 19:37   #751
repooc

Yes exactly. Get em while you can. Again the 100watt standard incandescent bulb is illegal to manufacture or import into the US. Next year the same restrictions will apply to the 75 watt standard bulb.
Another government overreach.
Old 03-18-2013, 19:49   #752
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by repooc View Post
No I'm talking about Bloomberg's war on:
Salt
Trans fats
Walmart
2nd amendment
Sugar
Serving Size
Tobacco
Right to work
School Choice
Self determination
Calories

Just to name a few.
Trans-Fat, Sugar, Serving Size, and Calories are Bloombergs war on the obese who are destroying the nations budget with their high healthcare costs. They generally all fall under the tent of malnutrition and would be an excellent thing to combat since they affect healthcare costs which are fattening government expenses and government welfare. (Pun intended!)

As far as Walmart, school choice, and the right to work please explain. Also what do you mean by self determination? Please explain Republican Bloombergs war on it as well.

I agree with you on the war on the 2nd Amendment.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 20:21   #753
repooc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownPicaro View Post
Trans-Fat, Sugar, Serving Size, and Calories are Bloombergs war on the obese who are destroying the nations budget with their high healthcare costs. They generally all fall under the tent of malnutrition and would be an excellent thing to combat since they affect healthcare costs which are fattening government expenses and government welfare. (Pun intended!)

As far as Walmart, school choice, and the right to work please explain. Also what do you mean by self determination? Please explain Republican Bloombergs war on it as well.

I somewhat agree with you on the food issues. I just wish he would call it a War on fat people. I stand corrected on the Walmart issue. He changed his mind and now supports getting Walmarts into NYC. He is against school choice (vouchers) and forces students to attend failing schools. As far as the issue of self determination he just seems to fit the description of Mayor Nanny so well. To me he is not a leader. He doesn't inspire anyone. He uses the stick rather than the carrot. Jist my $0.02.
Old 03-18-2013, 20:22   #754
SevenSixtyTwo

Quote:
Yes exactly. Get em while you can. Again the 100watt standard incandescent bulb is illegal to manufacture or import into the US. Next year the same restrictions will apply to the 75 watt standard bulb.
You do realize who signed the Energy Independence and Securty Act into law right? Were you alive yet on July 8th 1989? That's another date us old farts remember well. Them Californians got their first fudge packin' by Reagan.
We have a few of them newfangled neon light bulbs around the house. They're supposed to save me a little scratch in the long run. And they emit light. Can't ask much more of a light bulb than that. Not sure about the Prius in 2020 though. Ol' W's just lookin' out for us all.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 20:53   #755
repooc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
You do realize who signed the Energy Independence and Securty Act into law right? Were you alive yet on July 8th 1989? That's another date us old farts remember well. Them Californians got their first fudge packin' by Reagan.
We have a few of them newfangled neon light bulbs around the house. They're supposed to save me a little scratch in the long run. And they emit light. Can't ask much more of a light bulb than that. Not sure about the Prius in 2020 though. Ol' W's just lookin' out for us all.
LED bulbs seem to be the way to go once the price comes down. The current CFL lamps never seem bright enough and there is the issue of mercury in landfills.
Old 03-18-2013, 22:31   #756
IvanVic

Quote:
Not sure why anyone would want a 100 watt incandescent when cfl and LED bulbs are far more efficient and give off less heat. My Home Depot also still stocks all sizes of incandescent bulbs, but we switched a long time ago.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:18   #757
repooc

Turned on the news this morning and another story about the nanny mayor. He has proposed legislation that would require all stores in NYC to hide cigarrettes and all tobacco products. Tobacco products would be required to be hidden from public view similar to adult magazines.
Again, he is not a leader.

Last edited by repooc; 03-19-2013 at 05:20..
repooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30   #758
IvanVic

Quote:
Turned on the news this morning and another story about the nanny mayor. He has proposed legislation that would require all stores in NYC to hide cigarrettes and all tobacco products. Tobacco products would be required to be hidden from public view similar to adult magazines.
Again, he is not a leader.
People get the government they deserve. They elect these idiots.

IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08   #759
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
People get the government they deserve. They elect these idiots.

That used to be true. Not anymore. The game is rigged. Voters are no longer able to affect the government to any meaningful extent. It is by design.

We're being ruled.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-19-2013 at 07:09..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:59   #760
RigPig

There are no liberal ideologies that I can agree with, none. I don't condone gay marriage, but I don't condone government having anything to do with marriage. Marriage belongs in the church. If gays want to marry in church, that's their business, don't make it my business. Abortion should be outlawed but for the health of the mother, and in the case of rape. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. We can all stand around talking about our right for self defense and self preservation all day long, but who protects the lives of the unborn? Don't they have the God-given right to life and the pursuit of happiness? Left ideology is in direct contrast to libertarian ideology, and I can't condone any of it.
RigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:22   #761
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
Marriage belongs in the church.
What if you don't belong to a church? HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 16:54   #762
SevenSixtyTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Freedom from the shackles of dogma is a wonderful thing!
Old 03-22-2013, 16:57   #763
SevenSixtyTwo

Quote:
LED bulbs seem to be the way to go once the price comes down. The current CFL lamps never seem bright enough and there is the issue of mercury in landfills.
I clicked on the ad next to the thread. These are pretty cool looking if I had an old antique looking lamp.
http://1000bulbs.com/product/53829/A...FQexnQod2VoAtw
Old 03-22-2013, 17:01   #764
IceAxe

I agree with libs on physician assisted suicide ..... I'd like to see all liberals partake of this and sooner the better

Last edited by IceAxe; 03-22-2013 at 17:06..
IceAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 17:23   #765
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
There are no liberal ideologies that I can agree with, none. I don't condone gay marriage, but I don't condone government having anything to do with marriage. Marriage belongs in the church. If gays want to marry in church, that's their business, don't make it my business. Abortion should be outlawed but for the health of the mother, and in the case of rape. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. We can all stand around talking about our right for self defense and self preservation all day long, but who protects the lives of the unborn? Don't they have the God-given right to life and the pursuit of happiness? Left ideology is in direct contrast to libertarian ideology, and I can't condone any of it.
If you would allow abortions in the case of the mother's health and in rape, then aren't you murdering an innocent child because God willed her ill health? Or in the case of rape, because the father was a monster? So you would, using your logic, murder a child because the father was a criminal? That is sick and very disturbing.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:07   #766
RigPig

Quote:
If you would allow abortions in the case of the mother's health and in rape, then aren't you murdering an innocent child because God willed her ill health? Or in the case of rape, because the father was a monster? So you would, using your logic, murder a child because the father was a criminal? That is sick and very disturbing.
Killing a baby is sick and disturbing, yet it happens on average 1k times per day. Nazis killed Jews, Liberals kill babies. Same difference. I can honestly say that if my wife were raped and were to bear a child, I would help raise it as my own. I just left my previous statements open ended so as not to offend anyone, I now see that's impossible.
RigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 19:45   #767
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

Quote:

Bloomberg has some serious issues, not the least among them is a superiority complex.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 22:49   #768
Smacktard

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
That used to be true. Not anymore. The game is rigged. Voters are no longer able to affect the government to any meaningful extent. It is by design.

We're being ruled.

And that's a fact.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
- Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany.
Smacktard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 23:57   #769
og23

Quote:
Killing a baby is sick and disturbing, yet it happens on average 1k times per day. Nazis killed Jews, Liberals kill babies. Same difference. I can honestly say that if my wife were raped and were to bear a child, I would help raise it as my own. I just left my previous statements open ended so as not to offend anyone, I now see that's impossible.
Comparing the attempted extermination of an entire group of people to abortion is so moronic I don't even know how to begin to argue with you. I can just assume you were one of the "special" kids who rode the shorter bus to school everyday.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and to disagree with abortion, but **** that was stupid.

Black Rifle Club #119
og23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 00:04   #770
Inebriated

Of the left's main talking points?

I can support gay marriage, and I can support legalization of most drugs. But the rest of the left's stances will not see my support.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 00:18   #771
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Then you won't get married.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 00:29   #772
Khao

I agree with the left that don't support marijuana prohibition.

Drugs are never the answer. Drugs is the question. And the answer is yes.

Last edited by Khao; 04-16-2013 at 00:32..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04   #773
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
Not sure why anyone would want a 100 watt incandescent when cfl and LED bulbs are far more efficient and give off less heat. My Home Depot also still stocks all sizes of incandescent bulbs, but we switched a long time ago.
I have mostly twisty fluorescent bulbs by choice, just as you do. They don't work at all well for keeping a dog house or chicken coop warm in winter, though.

However, there is a WORLD of difference between you and me choosing the cfl bulbs and the government telling us we have no choice.

And I wonder what the total "carbon footprint" - raw material acquisition through manufacturing and use and final disposition - is for the cfl vs the incandescent.