Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:19   #276
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
How do you justify eating meat?
Salad, potato, dinner rolls and nice Ziegenbock beer.
ezthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24   #277
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
You are aware "separation of church and state" is not in the US Constitution.

If you find it there, I will give you my Glocks.
I would suggest reading the writings of the various Founding Fathers to find their disgust with religion, and Christianity in particular, in order to realize how they felt about religion interacting with government and being a force to create laws.

I will give you mine if you can find the spot in the Constitution that says Nuclear Arms, Chemical Weapons, and Biological Weapons are not covered by the 2nd Amendment.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24   #278
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
Salad, potato, dinner rolls and nice Ziegenbock beer.
Thank you. This thread needed that.

Meat is awesome.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26   #279
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
When arguments about the 2nd Amendment come up, a common (and completely appropriate!) point is made to use the Federalist Papers and other writings of the founders to expand and expound on the Constitution.

Does that only apply to issues involving the 2nd Amendment?
I believe the 2nd Amendment applies to Nuclear Weapons, Chemical Weapons, and Biological weapons. I feel that everyone should have the right to own and bear viruses and various gases in the defense of themselves or the nation. I know many true Patriots do as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28   #280
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I really have no like for people who make ignorant statements about the Bible. Especially when they confuse the old testament with the new and fail to understand that the new testament granted relief from the stringent old testament when God realized man could not fully adhere to it.
You do realize there is an entire population (Orthodox Jews) who do fully adhere to it and have been for thousands of years.

I understand Christians take these Jewish things and claim what the Jews are and are not doing....but the Jews beg to differ.

Considering such things come from Jewish books, written by Jews, for Jews, in a Jewish setting in the traditional Jewish languages....It would stand to reason Jews might have a valid opinion on it.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28   #281
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I'm sure there are Christians who selectively read the Bible. However, please do some research on the difference between Jewish moral, ceremonial, and judicial laws. We don't live in a Jewish theocracy, so the latter two categories don't apply. In many cases, it's easy to see which category a law fits into. In some others, there is debate.
How is it easy? God says no blended fibers. God says no hair cuts. God says no shellfish and no pork in our diets. God says no working on Sundays.

How do we determine which laws are which?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31   #282
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Thank you. This thread needed that.

Meat is awesome.
Amen, though a lot of granola eating, patchouli wearing, tree huggers in PETA would disagree.

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32   #283
ChiTownPicaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofthose View Post
There are a liberal issues that I am sympathetic to, right up to the point that I am expected to pay for it.

It seems to me, many liberal causes start based on the argument that people should be free to pursue, have, or do certain things. Then, it's realized that some people either can't afford it, or can't afford the resulting consequences.

Then I'm expected to fund a program that makes it affordable for everyone. That doesn't sound like freedom to me.
So you are against Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, the military being a government entity, and public roads?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41   #284
glock1911revolver
Vice-Emperor

Wow, according to some people here I'm a serial killer. By their logic, when I remove the bedsheets to avoid sleeping in the wet spot, I'm commiting murder when I turn the washing machine on.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53   #285
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
What are liberal/leftist ideas that you are sympathetic to or at least can understand why a lot of people think it is a good idea? (and why?)

That doest mean you agree or support it (of course it could mean that) It simply means what I asked. What are some of the ideals of liberalism/ left leaning thought that you get?

For example. I am sympathetic to gay marriage.

Given the things said around here, I know plenty of you are sympathetic to price controls, unions, wage caps, socialized medicine...and a lot of other issues.

So, who is first?
Nada, Nuttin, naught, zero, zilch. I make Rush Limbaugh look like a liberal. Don't work, don't eat, weren't born here, we got nuttin' for ya, dance with the one that brung ya, BOYGIRLBOYGIRLBOYGIRL, Commit a crime, go to prison, commit a capital crime, go to God....PDQ. Obey the law, pay your fair share of taxes and shut the heck up!
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00   #286
FloridaGun
-> 10mm <-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
If we were in the position of the fetus then we would be incapable of higher thought processing that is required to comprehend the simple concept of life, death and so forth.
Really?
That's the determining factor that makes someone human?

This is a fatal attempt to rationalize abortion...

-FloridaGlockers #500 -Kalashnikov Klub #51

GOA and NRA Lifetime Member
FloridaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00   #287
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Two is a trend in a thread with hundreds of posts that answered my question?

...and from two people who demonstrate, over and over again, the lack of capacity to understand context. (such as calling "two" a trend because it agrees with how they feel)

Some people make it so easy to troll.

Fixed it for you trolly.

Actually, it was just two examples. Would be a tad tedious to run them all down. And as noted prior, im not the only one to notice your obsequiousness to the statist left, the fawning demi god worship.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01   #288
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
Nada, Nuttin, naught, zero, zilch. I make Rush Limbaugh look like a liberal. Don't work, don't eat, weren't born here, we got nuttin' for ya, dance with the one that brung ya, BOYGIRLBOYGIRLBOYGIRL, Commit a crime, go to prison, commit a capital crime, go to God....PDQ. Obey the law, pay your fair share of taxes and shut the heck up!
Made me smile.

I "get" the liberal/Democrat point of view but I have no common ground in most issues.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:04   #289
FloridaGun
-> 10mm <-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
Imagine if your whole life you felt that not even your parents wanted you and you were thrown into the system, hoping someone will come along to love you before you aged out.

I know people who grew up with one biological parent that to this day are not 100% right, either looking for a partner to be that missing parent or attaching themselves so tightly to everyone they know that they actually push people away.

But you know what's best for everyone.
So lets just kill them?

Killing out of compassion?

Just because they might have a crappy life is no reason to EXECUTE!!! Another human!!

It's YOU sir, that thinks he know best.

Another ****ty attempt to rationalize abortion!
Wake UP!!!

-FloridaGlockers #500 -Kalashnikov Klub #51

GOA and NRA Lifetime Member
FloridaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05   #290
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
Bravo Sir, very simple and right to the point.

"In Texas, we have the death penalty and we use it. If you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back."~ Ron White
Old 03-08-2013, 12:09   #291
ezthumper

You now, if Dave Thomas was aborted...we would not have Wendy's.

Just sayin'
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20   #292
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGun View Post
Really?
That's the determining factor that makes someone human?

This is a fatal attempt to rationalize abortion...
Well first off we are animals, of the homo sapiens genus. What allows us to rise above in the animal kingdom is our ability to conceptualize abstract thought and turn it into reality. The other is the fact we have a higher level of understanding death and life, more so than other life forms on the planet with some exceptions.

I stand by my post.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22   #293
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
So lets just kill them?

Just because they might have a crappy life is no reason to EXECUTE!!! Another human!!

Wake UP!!!
Look up other species infanticide... might surprise you to see, as with homosexuality, it occurs throughout nature and across many species.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:23   #294
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
You now, if Dave Thomas was aborted...we would not have Wendy's.

Just sayin'
This is speculative at best.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25   #295
ezthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
This is speculative at best.
No sir, no other critter would have created a square hamburger and named the chain after his red headed Daughter.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:31   #296
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
Have you stopped beating your wife ?

Expand and expound all you want regarding "Separation of church and state".

It's still not in the Constitution.
Yes, actually, it is. The phrase is not, but the purpose of the phrase is to describe the 1st amendment, so the "separation of church and state" is the first amendment. When Thomas Jefferson first said that the 1st Amendment was a "wall of separation between church and state," he was reassuring baptists who wanted to make certain that IS what it does. Sadly, their religion has been corrupted by money and politics in the 200+ years since then, so that now they'd rather mix religion with politics in pursuit of money and power.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:38   #297
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Yes, actually, it is. The phrase is not,.
No, it is not. In either phrase or deed. Modern usage comes from a brief by an Aclu lawyer in the late 40s who dropped it on the desk of an associate justice of the supreme court.

The phrase does not appear anywhere in the text of COTUS. Youre entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

There is nothing even resembling a wall in the text of the BOR. All it says is that there will be no creation of a state ordained religion, and nothing shall prohibit the free exercise of religion. Period. There is no talk of separating anything with a wall either low or high.

Last edited by G29Reload; 03-08-2013 at 12:39..
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44   #298
Harper

Quote:
So lets just kill them?

Wake UP!!!
The burden of proof is on those who want to legislate it not those who desire lack of legislation.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:50   #299
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Fixed it for you trolly.

Actually, it was just two examples. Would be a tad tedious to run them all down. And as noted prior, im not the only one to notice your obsequiousness to the statist left, the fawning demi god worship.
Your rebuttal is to change my words, then claim I am right and that you are too lazy to back up your claims.

Awesome.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52   #300
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Your rebuttal is to change my words, then claim I am right and that you are too lazy to back up your claims.

Awesome.
Nope. Did not claim you were right at all. Still trolling i see. Better to go back to ignoring you. Troll on.