Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:38   #1
w4dov

Freedom Ammo and Glock

anyone heard of them? I found a listing on Armslist and the guy is selling Freedom Ammo. The "Like-New" in his description gave me pause.

"Freedom Munitions "Like-New" manufacturing process provides like-new ammo performance."

Valid concern? Any experience with them? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14   #2
mrvco

I've been using reman (and some new) ammo from Freedom Munitions almost exclusively for about a year now. I've never had a single issue with any of it (9MM, 40S&W, 38 Special and 45ACP).

However I skip the middleman and buy directly from their website.

Last edited by mrvco; 03-05-2013 at 11:16..
mrvco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24   #3
Emmett4glock

I shot about 200 rounds of the .45 auto "reman" through my G21 gen 4. They cycled and ejected fine, for me, farther than WWB or Federal Champion. The only thing that bothered me, aesthetics-wise, was that out of every 50 rounds, 5 had some sort of dent in the case. Yes, I went through 500 rounds of inspection out of curiosity. The only problem now is trying to buy them. They seem to be out of stock most of the time.
I also buy through the website. I used a Freedom Munitions coupon that helped reduce the price.

Last edited by Emmett4glock; 03-05-2013 at 13:09.. Reason: additional info
Emmett4glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:35   #4
frankr

Just checked their web site, all 9mm OUT OF STOCK.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:57   #5
mrvco

Sign up for the email notifications. I've ordered 9MM, 40 S&W and 45ACP during February based on the email notifications.

They finally got caught up during January and have been staying ahead of the orders now rather than taking back-orders.
Old 03-05-2013, 13:07   #6
TinnCan

Twenty six cents per round for reloaded 9mm? You have got to be ****ting me...
TinnCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 13:16   #7
BenjiEDF

I've bought some bulk packs of theirs at local gun shows and it's been good plinking ammo. I would go for it if you can find a good price. The "like-new" ammo tag does sound kinda funny, it is remanufactured ammo which is basically a fancy term for reloads.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 13:24   #8
w4dov

the guy has 1k rounds for $325 and he lives an hour away so no shipping.

I think I'll jump on it, shoot a couple hundred rounds and see how it works. Might put the rest back to shoot GSSF later this year.
Old 03-05-2013, 13:51   #9
WayneJessie

I've shot a bunch of it without any issues. The "hollowpoint" on the reman rounds won't expand even if it hits a brick wall.
May as well buy the FMJ. They use a different hollowpoint on the new rounds that I have not tried.
Old 03-05-2013, 15:21   #10
Merkavaboy
Code-7A KUZ769

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4dov View Post
the guy has 1k rounds for $325 and he lives an hour away so no shipping.

I think I'll jump on it, shoot a couple hundred rounds and see how it works. Might put the rest back to shoot GSSF later this year.
If you do go by and buy some ammo, ask him about his bonding and product liability insurance. How much coverage does he have, just in case someone blows their hands off or loses an eye or something.

Last edited by Merkavaboy; 03-05-2013 at 15:22..
Merkavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 15:27   #11
w4dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy View Post
If you do go by and buy some ammo, ask him about his bonding and product liability insurance. How much coverage does he have, just in case someone blows their hands off or loses an eye or something.
Field Marshall Van Buren would like a word with you.

"Papers Please"
Old 03-05-2013, 16:54   #12
kirbinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett4glock View Post
I shot about 200 rounds of the .45 auto "reman" through my G21 gen 4. They cycled and ejected fine, for me, farther than WWB or Federal Champion. The only thing that bothered me, aesthetics-wise, was that out of every 50 rounds, 5 had some sort of dent in the case. Yes, I went through 500 rounds of inspection out of curiosity. The only problem now is trying to buy them. They seem to be out of stock most of the time.
I also buy through the website. I used a Freedom Munitions coupon that helped reduce the price.

I've used their stuff in my G22 with no problems. Where do you find a coupon for Freedom Munitions?
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:57   #13
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

I bought some reman 9 and some reman 45. All cycled OK and had no problems (misfires, duds, etc.) in the lot of 500 and 500. Seemed OK to me.

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:02   #14
Emmett4glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
I've used their stuff in my G22 with no problems. Where do you find a coupon for Freedom Munitions?
That was in 2012 but I found it online. Just google the company name and add coupon, coupon code, promotional code, etc. I've saved on all my online purchases doing this. I haven't bought ammo online this year and have only seen one or two coupons for ammo in this present climate.

Last edited by Emmett4glock; 03-05-2013 at 18:19..
Emmett4glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35   #15
jdw174

I bought 500 rounds of their "Blaster" ammo in 9mm. This is listed as "blemished" ammo. It arrived in boxes of 50. I sat down and went over every single round using the barrel from my G19 as a drop-in gauge. Out of the 500, there was ONE that wouldn't drop into the chamber. It turned out that one has a 1/4" split at the case mouth. None of the others had any dents, scrapes or what have you. The ammo looked as good as the WW White Box I compared it to. There was brass from all the makers, including CCI, WW, Federal, Aguila and S&B. It shoots and ejects with no problems. I'll be using it in an IDPA match this weekend.
Freedom, like the other commercial reloaders out there, is having problems getting components right now, and their prices have gone up to where their remans are priced about where major brands are. I paid $106 for the 500 rounds delivered. New price is $128.29 plus shipping. They put ammo up for sale as they get components available to manufacture it. It only lasts minutes...if that.
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 13:50   #16
w4dov

I like to shoot Winchester 165gr when I can. My local WM has the 100 rd box for $35 but only has 1 on the shelf, if any, when I'm by there. The pawn shop across the street has them for $43/box and had 4 on the shelf.

To purchase from the above link, including shipping, would run me almost $56/box. As much as I like it, I can't swing it. I guess I'll just keep checking WM and pawn shops locally.

This guy, however, has 1k rounds of reman for $325 but now I can't get him to answer a text, phone call or email. Maybe I jumped so quick I scared him?
Old 03-06-2013, 15:13   #17
mrvco

Reman is not the same as Reloaded.

I've had better results from their reman than i've had from Winchester White Box. Their "new" ammo is nice, but I honestly can't tell any difference between it and the reman stuff (other than the variety of brass you get with the reman product).

I also found their Blaster Training Ammo to be 100% functional, if not quite as aesthetically pleasing as their reman. The Blaster ammo is also loose-packed which may turn some folks off.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45   #18
jdw174

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvco View Post
I also found their Blaster Training Ammo to be 100% functional, if not quite as aesthetically pleasing as their reman. The Blaster ammo is also loose-packed which may turn some folks off.
I expected my Blaster to come packed loose, but it showed up in 50-rnd boxes. I've been pleased with it.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21   #19
SCmasterblaster

Well, whoever they are, they are being besieged by buyers.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:33   #20
jdw174

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Well, whoever they are, they are being besieged by buyers.
As is every other ammo site in existence.