SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 21:25   #61
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Guns that belonged to my grandfather because although they belong to me, they don't really belong to me.

As far as my guns,.....I don't know.
Old 03-05-2013, 21:36   #62
nathanours
Texan

I plan on keeping all of my guns and building my collection. The only gun I've sold was an AK pistol that I never warmed up to. Too hard to shoot well (I could easily do better at 100 yards with my 1911), and I made a large profit on it during this panic.

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 21:50   #63
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
I plan on keeping all of my guns and building my collection. The only gun I've sold was an AK pistol that I never warmed up to. Too hard to shoot well (I could easily do better at 100 yards with my 1911), and I made a large profit on it during this panic.

Draco or Mini-Draco?

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 21:55   #64
nathanours
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
Draco or Mini-Draco?

TGG
Serbian M92 PAP, it was a nice little gun with good fit and finish (for an AK) but just wasn't my thing. I only bought it because I got a really good deal.

Black Rifle Club #1989

Last edited by nathanours; 03-05-2013 at 21:57..
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 22:32   #65
CU4X4N
5th of November

I will never sell my grandfather's OSS carry gun:

General Firearms Forum
Old 03-05-2013, 22:47   #66
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Very nice. I would think that giving guns to your sons warms the heart more than selling them. I don't know for sure as I have neither sons nor Anshutz, but that is my guess.

Model 66 here
Thanks, and yes. It warmed their hearts and rekindled their interest in guns. My sons are still in university and have a few years to go, so their financial situation is not bright right now. I always give them rare magazines, Python grips, and Anschütz peep sights to sell to fund some firearms project and am proud that they are now reloading their own cartridges.

I do not think that my sons would ever sell one of those guns that I have given them but even they are running out of place in their large safes.

While many of the posters here never plan on selling any guns, I wonder who of them (besides BAC) has over 50 guns.

I have failed with my plan to stay below 50 guns, despite my gifts to my sons and storage and accessibility are getting harder.
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 23:30   #67
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
While many of the posters here never plan on selling any guns, I wonder who of them (besides BAC) has over 50 guns.
I resemble that remark.
Old 03-06-2013, 00:28   #68
UselessEnergy
simple user

Great replies!

Thanks to everyone for making my first thread a hearty one

Good stuff!
UselessEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 00:29   #69
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU4X4N View Post
I will never sell my grandfather's OSS carry gun:

General Firearms Forum
Pure cool
Old 03-06-2013, 00:39   #70
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

I have no problem selling a gun if I know I will not use it or there is something that I would rather have to replace it's purpose. I have sold 3 guns in the past and have 2 more that will be sold on Friday.

If I had to choose just one gun in my safe that will never be sold, I would have to say my S&W 610 10mm revolver. I love that gun!
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 00:43   #71
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter7 View Post
I have no problem selling a gun if I know I will not use it or there is something that I would rather have to replace it's purpose. I have sold 3 guns in the past and have 2 more that will be sold on Friday.

If I had to choose just one gun in my safe that will never be sold, I would have to say my S&W 610 10mm revolver. I love that gun!
ahh, the 610! what length? pinned? when I had my m20 that revolver was high on my list of want/need. what a wheel gun
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15   #72
PzGren

I gave this to my oldest son:

General Firearms Forum

And since his brother is a good kid, he got my old bowling pin gun. I am glad that I can still use it.

General Firearms Forum
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15   #73
seamaster

My safe has a revolving door lol. If I don't use it I sell it or if something new or old catches my attention I sell something to get it.

At this point I'm pretty content so I don't anticipate any turnovers this week.
seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32   #74
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamaster View Post
My safe has a revolving door lol. If I don't use it I sell it or if something new or old catches my attention I sell something to get it.

At this point I'm pretty content so I don't anticipate any turnovers this week.
What? http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1475532

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59   #75
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:

I have failed with my plan to stay below 50 guns, despite my gifts to my sons and storage and accessibility are getting harder.

I have around 72, not exactly sure, I haven't counted them in a while. Over the past few years I have sold/traded about 15 or so and only regret three of those sales. Not a big deal though because the three are easily replaced, I just haven't done it yet.

As far as room for storage goes......I need more! I wish we could have basements in South FL, but we all know what those are called here.....

swimming pools!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40   #76
UselessEnergy
simple user

A lot of the members in here have really blessed kids.

I grew up in NJ; and as a child I was allowed to have pellet rifles - thats it. When I was around 12 I saved up enough money to get a co2 pistol.

After moving to PA, its taken years and years before my father has warmed up to firearms. Now occasionally I take him to the range and we just plink... Hes getting a nack for it, a dead eye with my mini 14; the CZ Shadow target is a whole other ball game for him though.

And when I get the Glock m21 converted over to .40 super, im sure he will just want to watch haha

Come on Pops!

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-06-2013 at 10:41..
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55   #77
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
I have around 72, not exactly sure, I haven't counted them in a while. Over the past few years I have sold/traded about 15 or so and only regret three of those sales. Not a big deal though because the three are easily replaced, I just haven't done it yet.

As far as room for storage goes......I need more! I wish we could have basements in South FL, but we all know what those are called here.....

swimming pools!

TGG
That's why I got rid of about 70 guns when I moved down to Florida. I had a very nice basement in Indiana with a prefect reloading set up, counters, and plenty of space. South Florida is defintely not for me!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03   #78
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
A lot of the members in here have really blessed kids.

I grew up in NJ; and as a child I was allowed to have pellet rifles - thats it. When I was around 12 I saved up enough money to get a co2 pistol.

...!
My father was with the German troops that went first into Russia, consequently he did not like firearms. I was denied gun ownership until an uncle gave me a pellet gun at age 11. I have exposed my sons to guns since their earliest childhood and they share my passion now.

Useless Energy,
I gave a Mini 14 to one of my kids. Maybe I am cheating to keep my gun count low?!

He loves it and it is quite accurate, even after a string of rapid fire. How is yours?

General Firearms Forum

Hey, I cheated again, gave this one to my other son when he was 14. I got $60 in it and he loves it.

General Firearms Forum

But back to my statement, I am not really attached to things but I love my kids! If they look at a gun and love it, it is theirs. I know it is in good hands.

Last edited by PzGren; 03-06-2013 at 11:04..
Old 03-06-2013, 16:36   #79
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
That's why I got rid of about 70 guns when I moved down to Florida. I had a very nice basement in Indiana with a prefect reloading set up, counters, and plenty of space. South Florida is defintely not for me!
Well, I was born here and never left. I have roots here and have no reason to move except for the fact that it is getting harder and harder to communicate with the "new" people.

I am definitely the "lone star in the night sky" here in Fort Lauderdale. It sucks what has happened to my home, but there is nothing I can do about it

South FL is not for me anymore either.....which is VERY SAD, considering that I WAS BORN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
Old 03-06-2013, 16:41   #80
jakebrake
cracker

a uberti in 45 lc that my dad used in s.a.s.s. shooting.