Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:40   #76
UselessEnergy
simple user

A lot of the members in here have really blessed kids.

I grew up in NJ; and as a child I was allowed to have pellet rifles - thats it. When I was around 12 I saved up enough money to get a co2 pistol.

After moving to PA, its taken years and years before my father has warmed up to firearms. Now occasionally I take him to the range and we just plink... Hes getting a nack for it, a dead eye with my mini 14; the CZ Shadow target is a whole other ball game for him though.

And when I get the Glock m21 converted over to .40 super, im sure he will just want to watch haha

Come on Pops!

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-06-2013 at 09:41..
UselessEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55   #77
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
I have around 72, not exactly sure, I haven't counted them in a while. Over the past few years I have sold/traded about 15 or so and only regret three of those sales. Not a big deal though because the three are easily replaced, I just haven't done it yet.

As far as room for storage goes......I need more! I wish we could have basements in South FL, but we all know what those are called here.....

swimming pools!

TGG
That's why I got rid of about 70 guns when I moved down to Florida. I had a very nice basement in Indiana with a prefect reloading set up, counters, and plenty of space. South Florida is defintely not for me!
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03   #78
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
A lot of the members in here have really blessed kids.

I grew up in NJ; and as a child I was allowed to have pellet rifles - thats it. When I was around 12 I saved up enough money to get a co2 pistol.

...!
My father was with the German troops that went first into Russia, consequently he did not like firearms. I was denied gun ownership until an uncle gave me a pellet gun at age 11. I have exposed my sons to guns since their earliest childhood and they share my passion now.

Useless Energy,
I gave a Mini 14 to one of my kids. Maybe I am cheating to keep my gun count low?!

He loves it and it is quite accurate, even after a string of rapid fire. How is yours?

General Firearms Forum

Hey, I cheated again, gave this one to my other son when he was 14. I got $60 in it and he loves it.

General Firearms Forum

But back to my statement, I am not really attached to things but I love my kids! If they look at a gun and love it, it is theirs. I know it is in good hands.

Last edited by PzGren; 03-06-2013 at 10:04..
Old 03-06-2013, 15:36   #79
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
That's why I got rid of about 70 guns when I moved down to Florida. I had a very nice basement in Indiana with a prefect reloading set up, counters, and plenty of space. South Florida is defintely not for me!
Well, I was born here and never left. I have roots here and have no reason to move except for the fact that it is getting harder and harder to communicate with the "new" people.

I am definitely the "lone star in the night sky" here in Fort Lauderdale. It sucks what has happened to my home, but there is nothing I can do about it

South FL is not for me anymore either.....which is VERY SAD, considering that I WAS BORN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TGG

FLORIDA GUN OWNERS.....Check out this shirt!!!!

This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:41   #80
jakebrake
cracker

a uberti in 45 lc that my dad used in s.a.s.s. shooting.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:57   #81
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

My S&W 686 from 1986, my Gen 2 G17 from 1993 (which is currently hanging from my shoulder) my Ithaca M37 18" Deerslayer from 1979 (used OKCPD gun), my Interarms Walther PPK and my Chiefs Special both from 1985.

These guns have at one time or another, saved my life. I will never sell them.

HR
Old 03-06-2013, 16:07   #82
WarEagle32

Ill starve to death before I would sell my S&W Model 39 that was my father's. My grandfather gave it to him NIB on his 21st birthday.
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:13   #83
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
My father was with the German troops that went first into Russia, consequently he did not like firearms. I was denied gun ownership until an uncle gave me a pellet gun at age 11. I have exposed my sons to guns since their earliest childhood and they share my passion now.

Useless Energy,
I gave a Mini 14 to one of my kids. Maybe I am cheating to keep my gun count low?!

He loves it and it is quite accurate, even after a string of rapid fire. How is yours?

General Firearms Forum

Hey, I cheated again, gave this one to my other son when he was 14. I got $60 in it and he loves it.

General Firearms Forum

But back to my statement, I am not really attached to things but I love my kids! If they look at a gun and love it, it is theirs. I know it is in good hands.
PzGren:

Thats great that youve opened your kids up to the lifestyle. A mini and a 12ga are fantastic hand-me-downs.

Interesting about your father. Ive seen that before in my family. Both grandfathers, one a NYC cop for 28 years and the other was in WW2 - because of their experiences they had seen enough bloodshed and afterwards they refused to have guns around in general.

People embrace despair/violence differently

Im not bitter at my parents for keeping me from firearms as a child; I cant blame them for not being experienced, hence not wanting me to get hurt.

My Mini shoots pretty darn good for what it is I guess. I followed Nutnfancy's video where he had a trigger job done at his lgs. Soo, i did it on my own and Im really pleased with the results - id say 6in group @ 100yds. Im really not sure if that a good grouping for the gun or not haha, but im happy with it.

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-06-2013 at 16:17..
Old 03-06-2013, 16:16   #84
Walk Soft

An Italian .22 revolver and a 1938 S&W Terrier that my dad left me and a Winchester Model 37 that my Grandfather gave me.
Out of what I've bought...............nothing either.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:24   #85
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I will never sell.....

My Smith and Wesson revolvers.
My M1911's
My AR's
My M1's
My M1A
My AR10
My fantastic plastic pistols
My Hi-Power
My Winchester 30-30
My Rem shotguns
My High Standards
My Rugers
My Mauser HSc pistol.
My CZ27
My Berettas

Pretty much every thing I own. Why? Well because they are mine and I will take them all to the grave.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:25   #86
ctfireman

While many of the posters here never plan on selling any guns, I wonder who of them (besides BAC) has over 50 guns.

I'm in the over 50 club. A few that i'd never sell are my 5.7, beretta 96, colt "100 years of service" 1911, garand, & dad's security six.

Rest in peace Okie, your memory will live on forever.
ctfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:39   #87
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
I will never sell.....

My Smith and Wesson revolvers.
My M1911's
My AR's
My M1's
My M1A
My AR10
My fantastic plastic pistols
My Hi-Power
My Winchester 30-30
My Rem shotguns
My High Standards
My Rugers
My Mauser HSc pistol.
My CZ27
My Berettas

Pretty much every thing I own. Why? Well because they are mine and I will take them all to the grave.
wow.. your grave is going to have to be massive
Old 03-06-2013, 17:52   #88
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Pyramid style yo.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 18:09   #89
CBennett

Honestly nothing but if things go decent the M1 Garand, the Dan Wesson revolver and my grandfathers H&R .22 revolver
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 18:28   #90
Bren
NRA Life Member

I guess my model 60 I carried for many years, that my grandmother gave me after she carried it for many years, is a no-sell. Other than that, anything can go if the price is right.
Old 03-06-2013, 18:44   #91
mr00jimbo

I said I would never sell my German-made P220 chambered in 9 millimeter with the side-button magazine release (opposed to the heel release), original cardboard box and instruction manual. I did.

I think the guns I don't want to sell are because they are rare or out of production and would be hard to replace.
For example, I wouldn't want to sell my P226 ST because they don't make 'em like that any more (well, some with long-ass extractors), and finding a used one may prove difficult.
Old 03-06-2013, 19:28   #92
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
Pyramid style yo.
Bwhahaha
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40   #93
Rio Vista Slim

Send a message via MSN to Rio Vista Slim
During my 63 years I've bought, sold, or traded literally hundreds of guns. I miss some of them, but not so much as to become depressed about it.

My current "collection" consists of handguns and long guns I put some thought into before buying. I have no plans to sell any of them, but........

Last night my wife asked me why I keep the boxes and paperwork for my guns. I told her that I could most likely get a little more for the guns IF we ever had to sell any of them.
Rio Vista Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55   #94
UselessEnergy
simple user

Every firearm Ive ever purchased, I scrutinized before putting my money down on the counter; not just the specific gun, but the guns reputation, history, dependability, parts availability, materials and processes used etc. and haha, resale value - I too, always keep the boxes and all proper factory components. Although I never want to give up a firearm, I usually do...

hopefully not the mini 14 though, id truly like to hand that down to my "children" (if that ever happens haha)

Great posts, thanks again to everyone
Old 03-07-2013, 15:01   #95
Redheadhunter21

I won't sell my 20 gauge, was my first gun and my dad got it for me. I won't sell my glock 26 was my first handgun and my present to myself for my 21st. And I won't sell my grandfathers model 74. They will all be the last things I get rid of.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Redheadhunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 19:17   #96
KenMac

At risk of sounding snobbish, I think guns are for buying, not selling.
KenMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 21:54   #97
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMac View Post
At risk of sounding snobbish, I think guns are for buying, not selling.
haha Im glad thats not true; because I wouldnt have had a few in the past if it wasnt for others selling them to me.

I love checking out older second hand guns - and happy that others want to sell them

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-07-2013 at 21:56..
Old 03-07-2013, 22:25   #98
NMG26

Oh lets see. I was drilling a hole to install a nightsight on 638 airweight and broke the drill off in the hole. I broke drill is holding the sight in place. Can't sell that.

Had a sqib on my SP101 and ended up scarring the inside of the bore with a drill. Can't sell that either. Both guns work great......just can't sell them.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:57   #99
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Oh lets see. I was drilling a hole to install a nightsight on 638 airweight and broke the drill off in the hole. I broke drill is holding the sight in place. Can't sell that.

Had a sqib on my SP101 and ended up scarring the inside of the bore with a drill. Can't sell that either. Both guns work great......just can't sell them.

Maybe you can trade either forr a drill stand?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:56   #100
NMG26

Quote:
Maybe you can trade either forr a drill stand?

Found a gunsmith in town that I think I will use for anything that involves..............gunsmithing.