SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:26   #41
WayneJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
Im quite new to GL but, like most firearm enthusiasts I have firearms that I feel Id NEVER get rid of... granted most of my friends have seen me go from one to another, but my Ruger Mini 14 tactical is probably never gonna leave my collection.

WHY? Because It wasn't really that much at purchase, I love firing it & it offers soo much for me I cant ever see its resale being worth while.

What are your "Never Sell" firearms & why?
I have some old long guns my dad purchased for me when I was a boy and some he gave just before he passed away a year ago. None of them are "high-end" guns but are priceless to me. Those will be passed down to my son. The rest of my personal guns may come and go at any moment if the deal is right.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27   #42
byf43
NRA Life Member

Firearms that will never be sold:

S&W mdl 19-4 (Bangor Punta era gun) - also FIRST revolver.
SAI M1A. Started life as a 'Standard' (very early SAI!) and is comparable to a SuperMatch (w/o rear lug), now.
Colt Gold Cup NM
S&W mdl 41

Awwwwww heck. . . . List too long to name. I'm not selling any of 'em!!!!!!!

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012

Last edited by byf43; 03-05-2013 at 20:48.. Reason: "tpyo"
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32   #43
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I don't sell anything these days.
Brian,

I wonder if you ever sold a gun! I have sold a few that I came to regret over the years, some that I re-purchased, even.
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36   #44
Batesmotel

Unashamed Capitalist.

I'l sell anything if the reason and price is right.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:39   #45
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
I thought Id post up some handguns that I truly miss, and because life happened I had to get rid of.

the Beretta 96 was my first handgun
the Kimber Pro Carry 2 was a great carry gun
the Glock m20 was a beast

I wish I was able to hold onto them; but when it comes to debt or taking care of loved ones, obviously the guns had to go
I feel the pain, brother! I gave my HK P9S to my friend who was my best man and crossed the Atlantic for it. At least I had the priviledge to teach his son to shoot with that gun.

And then I have guns that I got from friends that have a special place, are above the rest for sentimental reasons.

I think that this is what you are really driving at, sentiments. It is good that we can afford them.
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11   #46
TX OMFS
Lifetime Membership
Right wing nut

Man, I've sold one gun because I kinda bought it on a whim, didn't really like it, and never shot it. Otherwise, I just can't see myself selling any guns.

It's like my tool collection. I don't use all of them frequently but I like knowing they're there. Just last night I was in my shop cleaning some guns I hadn't handled in a while. It's like seeing an old friend.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14   #47
idwritingworks

My never sell gun is an heirloom singleshot 410 that gets passed down by generations. From my great grandfather to me, our names are all whittled in under the butt plate.
idwritingworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 13:50   #48
FLglockdude

My S&W M&P9L isn't going anywhere. I know it's just a plain Jane plastic pistol but that thing is just dead nuts reliable, and I love shooting it.

Sent from my Obama phone.
FLglockdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 15:18   #49
poodleplumber

My G26 is too useful and versatile to sell.

I also have a Beretta 92FS Inox that I would only sell if I absolutely had to. It is a beautiful gun both aesthetically and functionally, and it was a reward for losing a major amount of weight and getting healthier, so there is a certain amount of "trophy" sentiment attached to it.

There are two other guns I don't have yet, but which will probably be mine within the next year or two when my elderly father joins the choir silent. One is a Winchester bolt-action .22LR that he has owned since he was young, and which was the first firearm I ever shot. The other is a Taurus .38 special revolver. It is just an OK shooter and its trigger is pretty gritty, but my dad also had it for a long time and it just isn't going anywhere after he leaves me.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:36   #50
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
I feel the pain, brother! I gave my HK P9S to my friend who was my best man and crossed the Atlantic for it. At least I had the priviledge to teach his son to shoot with that gun.

And then I have guns that I got from friends that have a special place, are above the rest for sentimental reasons.

I think that this is what you are really driving at, sentiments. It is good that we can afford them.
Completely, the attachments we gain with inanimate objects can get pretty silly; but like you said, at least we are able to taste the luxury of owning/affording them.
UselessEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:11   #51
Mntneer357
Armed&Hammered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I don't sell anything these days.
I'm with Bac1023. He's a wise man. Not that I have anything of any great value. But they're valuable to me!

Now, if I had something sentimental, like some of y'all have...I'd still follow Mr. Lewis' sound advice:

Slainte!
Mntneer357

"You ever hear of Barnum and Bailey? Well, I'm their lion tamer." - Serpico
Mntneer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:28   #52
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I'm always buying and selling. Every time I tell the wifey "I'm keeping this one" she says it will be gone in a week. My kids know something is up when they see a gun pic from the collection on the computer screen. They know its up for sale. Just bought a Sig MK25 and I sold it two days later. Did I mention I get bored easy?? Funny how us men are saving guns to pass to our sons. They mean far more to us then they do them. Hell- I'm sure whatever guns i do pass down to my boys will be sold sometime between my viewing and burial.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by hoghunter82; 03-05-2013 at 17:28..
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:53   #53
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I've never sold a gun, and I hope / plan to never sell any of my collection. My plan is only to ADD to it.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:05   #54
JParham

My grandfathers ROHM 38 special.
It was passed down from my mom and even if I wanted to sell it I might get $10 for it hah!

JParham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:10   #55
OhioGlock90

I can't really see selling or trading any of my firearms. Unless I was extremely desperate for money. The one I no matter what wouldn't sell is my Winchester 1897

Winchester Model 1897
OhioGlock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:16   #56
Revvv

I haven't sold any gun ever. I've considered it though.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:43   #57
JKD

Keeping these as they are sentimental...

Winchester Model 94 - 32 Win Special - Got it for Christmas when I was about 12 years old.

Glock 19 - 9mm - Got it when I was about 19 years old.

I'm 28 years old now
Old 03-05-2013, 18:54   #58
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
The 1969 4" nickeled Colt Python I started my police Career with, the 1968 BHP I am having customized, my Polytech (pre1994) underfolder.
Old 03-05-2013, 19:02   #59
wolf19r
Problem Solved!

Send a message via AIM to wolf19r
My od g23 it was my first Glock and first gun.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-05-2013, 19:19   #60
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
Pretty much on the same page, I'd say but I guess I probably have some thirty odd years of added life experience.

The U.S. warden had read me a message about twenty years ago and asked me to get out of a Third World country, I left a lot of things behind, or sold them for next to nothing and I have learnt not to be attached to "things" and not take anything for granted.

I did not sell my 1936 rinfire Walther PP, not my priced Anschütz 1423, 1422, 1420, and Walther KKJ. I gave them to my sons this January.

It's the one on the right side
General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
The Python will be next but the last handgun that I want to part with is my Korth - I try to shoot it to pieces.

General Firearms Forum

Very nice. I would think that giving guns to your sons warms the heart more than selling them. I don't know for sure as I have neither sons nor Anshutz, but that is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
The 1969 4" nickeled Colt Python I started my police Career with, ....
Model 66 here
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote