SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2013, 22:02   #1
UselessEnergy
simple user

"I'll Never Sell It"

Im quite new to GL but, like most firearm enthusiasts I have firearms that I feel Id NEVER get rid of... granted most of my friends have seen me go from one to another, but my Ruger Mini 14 tactical is probably never gonna leave my collection.

WHY? Because It wasn't really that much at purchase, I love firing it & it offers soo much for me I cant ever see its resale being worth while.

What are your "Never Sell" firearms & why?
Attached Thumbnails
General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version   General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version   General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version   General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version  
UselessEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 22:25   #2
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Never say never, when it comes to firearms, or any other material things.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 22:26   #3
4095fanatic

My Hi-Point 4095 carbine. My first gun. My brother bought it for me before he went to Afghanistan. It works perfect even after ten years.

My GLOCK 27. My first GLOCK and my first pistol I carried. Went everywhere with me for a year.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 22:34   #4
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
My Hi-Point 4095 carbine. My first gun. My brother bought it for me before he went to Afghanistan. It works perfect even after ten years.

My GLOCK 27. My first GLOCK and my first pistol I carried. Went everywhere with me for a year.

Definitely, I too would cherish a gun given to me by a sibling. And the first glock you ever had, once again a good keeper. thanks for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
and you, thanks for the lesson

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-04-2013 at 22:35..
Old 03-04-2013, 22:37   #5
PVolk

I'll never sell my glock 23c. It was my first Glock and still the best handgun I've ever owned.

Truthfully, all but one of my firearms either holds sentimental value or is otherwise pretty badass, so I'm pretty sure that in 30 years from now, I'll still own everything that I currently own.
Old 03-04-2013, 22:43   #6
DonD

A Ruger No.1 in .458 Win Mag, accurate, great trigger, gorgeous stock, have had it since 1977. Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 22:43   #7
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVolk View Post
I'll never sell my glock 23c. It was my first Glock and still the best handgun I've ever owned.

Truthfully, all but one of my firearms either holds sentimental value or is otherwise pretty badass, so I'm pretty sure that in 30 years from now, I'll still own everything that I currently own.
what other handguns have you owned? why is it your favorite?

My first handgun was sadly sold years back and trust me i miss it dearly. I hope youre able to hold onto all the firearms you want to. thanks for the reply
Old 03-04-2013, 22:45   #8
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
A Ruger No.1 in .458 Win Mag, accurate, great trigger, gorgeous stock, have had it since 1977. Don
Yes! owned since '77. thats great... Ive never fired a
.458 Win Mag, but my shoulder hurts just thinking about it
Old 03-04-2013, 23:13   #9
TK-421

Right now I only have a Gen 3 23 that I will never, ever, ever sell. Not only is it my first Glock, but it's my first firearm period. I really hope that I can be one of those lucky guys who never ever has to sell a firearm. I plan on trying to buy only guns I've heavily researched, and will keep forever. I hate selling stuff, because I always feel like I'll regret it later, even if it's something I've never used. But I don't think I'll get any safe queens, I want to actually use and abuse everything I buy.
TK-421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 23:19   #10
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Right now I only have a Gen 3 23 that I will never, ever, ever sell. Not only is it my first Glock, but it's my first firearm period. I really hope that I can be one of those lucky guys who never ever has to sell a firearm. I plan on trying to buy only guns I've heavily researched, and will keep forever. I hate selling stuff, because I always feel like I'll regret it later, even if it's something I've never used. But I don't think I'll get any safe queens, I want to actually use and abuse everything I buy.
Awesome! congrats on your first banger being a firearm of such value and dependability. Yes, do you whatever you can so if need be you dont have to revert to selling the 23. I wish I had saved properly years ago so I didnt have to sell my first handgun.

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-04-2013 at 23:20..
Old 03-04-2013, 23:26   #11
PzGren

Quote:
I absolutely have to agree with that remark.

I have seen many friends being forced to sell guns over the years and have seen more than one friend sizing down for health reason, there is nothing that you can take with you on that last journey.

I have an easy way out, I am already giving my guns to my sons, little by little.

Useless Energy,
It looks as if you kept the BMW 2002, I sold mine and that is the only car that I was attached to.

Last edited by PzGren; 03-04-2013 at 23:27..
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 23:58   #12
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post

I have seen many friends being forced to sell guns over the years and have seen more than one friend sizing down for health reason, there is nothing that you can take with you on that last journey.

I have an easy way out, I am already giving my guns to my sons, little by little.

Useless Energy,
It looks as if you kept the BMW 2002, I sold mine and that is the only car that I was attached to.
Of course there are times you must downsize due to a situation out of your control.

Case in point, the BMW 2002, I love that little car but due to current job outlooks im going to have to sell it this spring to help pay for my school loans.

Obviously Im aware that You should never bet on being able to retain something for life, but it would be nice to be able to hold onto something sentimental and that is why I created this thread.. for those whom have a hope that they will never have to part with a special firearm.
Old 03-05-2013, 00:01   #13
VinnieD

My Dan Wesson model 15. I'd sell it like I'd sell my right arm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
VinnieD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:17   #14
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post

Useless Energy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
Im quite new to GL but, like most firearm enthusiasts I have firearms that I feelId NEVER get rid of... granted most of my friends have seen me go from one to another, but my Ruger Mini 14 tactical is probably never gonna leave my collection.

WHY? Because It wasn't really that much at purchase, I love firing it & it offers soo much for me I cant ever see its resale being worth while.

What are your "Never Sell" firearms & why?
are we on the same page?

Last edited by UselessEnergy; 03-05-2013 at 00:20..
Old 03-05-2013, 00:20   #15
UselessEnergy
simple user

Old 03-05-2013, 00:31   #16
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

OP, you asked a question. I gave my answer, and I should have made it clearer that it applies for me personally. There is no lesson intended. Folks do whatever they do with their stuff. Doesn't bother me.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 00:41   #17
Bulldog160

Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380
- first firearm purchased

Bulldog160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17   #18
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessEnergy View Post
are we on the same page?
Pretty much on the same page, I'd say but I guess I probably have some thirty odd years of added life experience.

The U.S. warden had read me a message about twenty years ago and asked me to get out of a Third World country, I left a lot of things behind, or sold them for next to nothing and I have learnt not to be attached to "things" and not take anything for granted.

I did not sell my 1936 rinfire Walther PP, not my priced Anschütz 1423, 1422, 1420, and Walther KKJ. I gave them to my sons this January.

It's the one on the right side
General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
The Python will be next but the last handgun that I want to part with is my Korth - I try to shoot it to pieces.

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by PzGren; 03-05-2013 at 01:19..
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55   #19
mixflip

I'll never sell what I call my "polar opposites"

My Colt M4 carbine and my WASR 10/63 AKM

My SKS paratrooper aint goin anywhere either.
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33   #20
DAIadvisor

My 92FS - bought it in 99 before I went through academy, carried it for a few years, then retired it. Great gun.
DAIadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote