SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2013, 19:23   #1
Upgrayedd
aka hand banana

new local gun store

I was all excited to see a new gun store open up right down the street from me. I went in there today to have a look around. Place seemed nice enough. Prices were high, but not too far out of line for the current situation. I asked about a Shield and the guy tells me $700+tax and a place on the waiting list. He tells me that they are selling for over 800 everywhere else. Too bad, would have liked to do some business with the local guys, but don't think I'll be going back. I headed straight to the next shop down the road and got my name on their list for 450 otd.
Old 03-05-2013, 15:58   #2
cyberninja55

i went thru that with one in my area , i usually order the firearm , pay for it in advance , run it thru their books , for which they charge their fee, well they decided that if you order a firearm from buds guns , they will charge you 40.00 to run it thru their books , since of course buds guns get them so cheap, needless to say , i dont do business with them any longer
cyberninja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 17:06   #3
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I'm not even sure how some of these places stay open. I mean they have nearly nothing in stock and the little they do have they really don't want to sell or they would be completely out of business. Seems like it would be a great business to get into from a demand standpoint, but if you can't supply that demand you are SOL.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:30   #4
KML

It's a shame when new stores open with crazy prices.i have two stores that are the same distance from me,one had the shield for $535 plus tax the other I bought it for $469 out the door,it was something like $425 before tax and nics..First shop always has guns in stock,but it seems its the same guns just sitting there.They have 2 Colt 6920's sitting there now for $3500 nobody's speeding that kind of money on them even now.

Cyberninja55 $40 not to bad most shops around here charge $50,but if you agood customer and its something they usually don't carry they charge $25 . But if you just walk in and order and the don't know you it's $50

Last edited by KML; 03-06-2013 at 14:33..
KML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:33   #5
m2hmghb

I would have just told the owner "BS, I'm not going to bother shopping here because you're a lying sack of crap" and left. Then I'd proceed to tell everyone to avoid them.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:42   #6
oneuglygun

One thing I have noticed is if your local gun shop has a website they may just have a link to GunBroker ! I've found a few local shops that don't have much in stock, but found they have a back room full of hot items for sale on GunBroker ! Included in those items were 10/22 rugers, ARs, Mini 14s, and plenty of ammo in various calibers !!! I won't be able to forget that when things get back to some sort of normal !!
oneuglygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:58   #7
Upgrayedd
aka hand banana

I didn't call him out. No point in arguing with someone who will just lie to you. It's not too hard to work around this. I'll stop back in with a couple nice guns to see what they offer me in trade. You never know, might end up talking to the owner that way....
Old 03-06-2013, 15:15   #8
ZO6Vettever

We're lucky to have a huge LGS here that offers small town local type service and wil compete with Bud's prices.

Remember, we're all on the same side!

Army Vet Dec 1965 - Dec 1971
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:38   #9
WarEagle32

I have an infinitely long memory on all these places that have skyrocketed their prices on everything, and who has not. Locally, as well as nationally. Cheaper than dirt will never get another dime of my money. They can't even list a price by their items in their mailer(which I will have them keep mailing for them to just spend on postage) because they are SO high. CTD is an absolute disgrace IMO!!! On the other hand a great American like Larry Potterfield keeps MidwayUSA right where it is. Midway also donated 1 million to the NRA recently.
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 16:17   #10
4 glocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
I didn't call him out. No point in arguing with someone who will just lie to you. It's not too hard to work around this. I'll stop back in with a couple nice guns to see what they offer me in trade. You never know, might end up talking to the owner that way....

He is trying to sell you a gun for $700 that he paid less that $400 for. I do not think you will get much in trade maybe 50% of the guns value.
Old 03-06-2013, 16:40   #11
Upgrayedd
aka hand banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 glocks View Post
He is trying to sell you a gun for $700 that he paid less that $400 for. I do not think you will get much in trade maybe 50% of the guns value.
Don't worry. I'm not trading anything in. It's just an excuse to get the bosses ear.
Old 03-06-2013, 17:00   #12
brianfede

Quote:
I don't see any reason to "call him out." I would try the LGS again, all my LGS's have have firearms that I think are way over priced but they also have firearms that I think are priced under market. Just because the Shield is overpriced doesn't mean every firearm is. If the whole store is overpriced then don't buy anything, calling people gets you nowhere but annoyed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-06-2013, 17:09   #13
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
We're lucky to have a huge LGS here that offers small town local type service and wil compete with Bud's prices.
I'm lucky to have a Bud's Gun Warehouse,but they don't have anything now either.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 22:32   #14
bac1023

Quote:
I was all excited to see a new gun store open up right down the street from me. I went in there today to have a look around. Place seemed nice enough. Prices were high, but not too far out of line for the current situation. I asked about a Shield and the guy tells me $700+tax and a place on the waiting list. He tells me that they are selling for over 800 everywhere else. Too bad, would have liked to do some business with the local guys, but don't think I'll be going back. I headed straight to the next shop down the road and got my name on their list for 450 otd.
I wouldn't set foot in that place again...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45   #15
Upgrayedd
aka hand banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I wouldn't set foot in that place again...
I won't spend a dime in there, but when I'm bored I may go screw with them for entertainment. It's only 2 minutes away from my house. I have allready shared the story with all my gun friends and family. They tried to screw me out of a couple hundred bucks and it's allready cost them a few thousand in sales.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48   #16
Murgatroy

I count myself lucky with my LGS, small family owned/operated. Great prices, great service. I am an hour away from Buds, and as such, my LGS meets/beats their prices. His ammo is priced a littler higher than Walmart (10%+ prepanic) but I still buy a few boxes of .223 and 9mm when I am in there.

Back in Knoxville we had a couple of decent shops, but they were priced high. Louisville is much better, even if the secondary market is insane.
Murgatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:35   #17
Old School

On many occasions I have left a pawn / LGS and was absolutely convinced that I would never go there again. Never had an argument, usually I didn't like their business model including pricing or how they treated another customer. But business models change and staff learn customer service (or get fired). In every case I have returned and found it to be different.

So I would urge some patience. They'll have to change to remain in business.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote