Thought I'd share my experience with the CCW class I took yesterday. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Weyer Tactical in Alliance, Ohio (http://www.weyertactical.com/
12 Hours (over 1 Day)
Size of Class:
Joe Weyer is a former Special Operations Army Ranger, is currently an Alliance P.D. Training Officer, and an NRA certified instructor. All of the staff that assists in the class are either Alliance P.D. Officers or NRA certified instructors.
• By far the most affordable CCW class in the area that I've found.
They provide both a S&W M&P22 and a Ruger LCR-22 for the shooting portion of the course along with ammo.
They also provide you with a passport photo, the CCW application, a nice list of information for all of the surrounding Sheriff's offices (location, hours, contact information, etc), and, if you pass the course, a certificate of completion... basically everything you need to submit your application at a Sheriff's office.
• The class primarily covers firearm safety and Ohio laws relating to CCW and is well suited for people of any experience level or age.
• It was great to see a team of local LEOs sharing their knowledge and experience.
• After taking this class I'm interested in possibly taking some of the other more advanced classes they offer.
• Even with 30-60 people in the class (I was concerned about this before taking the class) the instructors are able to give attendees individual attention. Also, by having a more diverse group there was a good assortment of questions that were asked.
I think it's a great class for almost anyone. For someone without any firearm knowledge it's a great introductory course to firearms, safety, and the law. If you're more experienced it's a great affordable course to meet the requirement for your CCW.