GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 15:07   #26
fredj338
Senior Member
 
fredj338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: so.cal.
Posts: 21,121
Blog Entries: 3
You need as much as you need. I would say practice ammo, one years supply minimum. For SD/HD ammo, 100rds would last you 5yrs, you only rotate it out semi anually at most. I stock very little ammo but do have a lot of reloading supplies.
__________________
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 03-05-2013 at 15:07..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:11   #27
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
The unfortunate ones are the new shooters. SJ 40
Or those of us who would like to get into USPSA or other shooting sports. I always felt I had a good supply for just plinking, but now want to get into a little competition. Got a new gun on order but without ammo to feed it properly I foresee a lot of dry-fire time. Just a bad time to get the shooting sports itch I guess.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:44   #28
jtull7
CLM Number 289
Pistolero
 
jtull7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posts: 6,829
I have never owned more than one box of any caliber I shoot. Never will.
__________________
Cocked, locked, and ready to rock!

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 16:48   #29
vafish
Senior Member
 
vafish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia
Posts: 23,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtull7 View Post
I have never owned more than one box of any caliber I shoot. Never will.
Not now for sure.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
__________________
"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years,
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 18:10   #30
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur007 View Post
I have one additional question: "Which has more stopping power .357 Magnum or a .45 ACP?"

It does not really matter, both do a fine job.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:00   #31
mazroth
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur007 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I will check for it in walmart. like your reply
Walmarts still limiting amounts of boxes you can buy?

Let me know if the walmart you go to has extra .40sw. I will hit them up too.

Knob creek has ammo, but the price is way up. (after taxes, winchester white box 165 gr fmj .40 100rnds, just under $50).
Last time at Tilfords, they had PMC for $21 for 50.
mazroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:04   #32
mazroth
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
The unfortunate ones are the new shooters. SJ 40
Thats me, sitting on 200rnds atm. The local gun show was a bust as for real deals on ammo.
mazroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:37   #33
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur007 View Post
Right...Ammo becomes more scarce, Everyone knows it POTUS
Hey, when BHO makes anti-gun noises, the people panic and buy all the ammunition.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:39   #34
SJ 40
Senior Member
 
SJ 40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 6,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
Or those of us who would like to get into USPSA or other shooting sports. I always felt I had a good supply for just plinking, but now want to get into a little competition. Got a new gun on order but without ammo to feed it properly I foresee a lot of dry-fire time. Just a bad time to get the shooting sports itch I guess.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Hoghunter

When this mess straightens out I would suggest you invest in reloading,especially if you get into competitive shooting,it will pay for it's self in no time.

The sooner you get to reloading the sooner you take control of your ammunition supply.
One bit of advice from some one who has lived/shot through reloading supply shortages three times in my life.
Never Ever let your primer supply fall below 5000 primers,I personally will reorder at 10000.I also don't like to fall below 5 lbs. of powder.

Do yourself a Favor and get to reloading,Take control of your ammunition and supply of it. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 19:40   #35
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Hoghunter

When this mess straightens out I would suggest you invest in reloading,especially if you get into competitive shooting,it will pay for it's self in no time.

The sooner you get to reloading the sooner you take control of your ammunition supply.
One bit of advice from some one who has lived/shot through reloading supply shortages three times in my life.
Never Ever let your primer supply fall below 5000 primers,I personally will reorder at 10000.I also don't like to fall below 5 lbs. of powder.

Do yourself a Favor and get to reloading,Take control of your ammunition and supply of it. SJ 40
Good advice!!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 19:30   #36
DominickVinci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
50 round magazine

I just bought a 50 round magazine for my Glock 17! It is awesome! I am doing business with White Mongoose Weaponry the customer service is top notch. www.wmweaponry.com
DominickVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
ammo, glock, range, targets, time
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 748
187 Members
561 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42