Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-05-2013, 15:21   #41
Butcher
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
Way overpriced on everything. I just picked up 10 gen 2 pmags for 130 when on vacation...
$312 for a BCM BCG ...NO THX

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 15:28   #42
pebsandbam

Unless you plan on sending them to me, that info doesn't really help
pebsandbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 16:09   #43
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSH1 View Post
WTF That is not correct. We sold MAG570s for $15.15???? Mags used to be a loss leader so they maight have sold for a little less. We are also sourcing from multiple wholesale companies and are glad to get what we can. These are still below Magpul list price and more than a fair price.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_P...mag570-blk.htm
Marsh,

We got nothing but love for you guys! I run Louisiana Shooters Unlimited where we train NRA Instructors, do concealed handgun, defensive carbine, hunter ed courses, etc. We are in Lake Charles and your service, fast shipping, and good prices make you guys our go to guys for many items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 16:15   #44
Irishboy23

who wrote me about having pmags in stock and what is your question?
Irishboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51   #45
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Pmags back in stock here, listing says Colorado residents only but they went into my shopping cart just fine.

Listing says if it goes in the cart, it's in stock.

http://www.strongsidetactical.com/ma...mag-magazines/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:38   #46
PaLEOjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
Pmags back in stock here, listing says Colorado residents only but they went into my shopping cart just fine.

Listing says if it goes in the cart, it's in stock.

http://www.strongsidetactical.com/ma...mag-magazines/

WAY over priced.........You guys have to be crazy to pay that much for mags.
Old 04-21-2013, 13:38   #47
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
WAY over priced.........You guys have to be crazy to pay that much for mags.
Call me crazy then. I've paid $19 plenty of times for PMAGS. I don't think it's "WAY" overpriced at all. Especially considering nobody else has PMAGS in stock.

Old 04-21-2013, 15:56   #48
elliotb33

DSG 10 pack i paid a bit over 10 bucks per
all my other pmags I paid under 13 for

Last edited by elliotb33; 04-21-2013 at 15:56..
elliotb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 17:25   #49
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotb33 View Post
DSG 10 pack i paid a bit over 10 bucks per
all my other pmags I paid under 13 for
Somebody who applied for vacation time from work 6 months in advance, is traveling hundreds of miles for a class, has booked a hotel room, and paid a $400 course fee for a carbine course probably has over $1000-1200 bucks invested in his anticipated experience, not even counting his carbine. Do you really expect him to wait around scouring the net for weeks to try and save 6-8 bucks per magazine? Some guys actually spend more time shooting than trying to pinch the last penny on gear. Everyone has to find the right balance for their goals, resources, and lifestyle. My average civilian carbine client is a college graduate in his or her 50's who makes 80-150,000/year and has college age kids. 40% of those clients are women who spend more than the price of a magazine on a regular mani-pedi. Hell, half of the men look like they get manicures, too.

It's the guards from the strategic petroleum reserve who carry the DPMS rifles. Had a guard here recently with a Les Baer who bought a bunch of Pmags @ $25 per and 1500 rounds of Federal XM193 for .65 cpr though. Still not sure what to think about that.

Old 04-21-2013, 18:10   #50
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
Call me crazy then. I've paid $19 plenty of times for PMAGS. I don't think it's "WAY" overpriced at all. Especially considering nobody else has PMAGS in stock.
Retailers that mark up products by 50% just because people are desperate and will pay it don't deserve to have customers when the market settles down.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 18:18   #51
Jer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Send a message via AIM to Jer Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Retailers that mark up products by 50% just because people are desperate and will pay it don't deserve to have customers when the market settles down.
...Said no capitalist ever.

Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Last edited by Jer; 04-21-2013 at 18:19..
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 18:40   #52
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

back in dec i got DSGARMS HOLIDAY 10 PACKS FOR 100 BUCKS . ORDERED 6 PACKS , I GOT NUFF PMAGS FOR AWHILE

10 TO 12 BUCKS IS HIGH AS I GO
ignore list rocks !!
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 19:50   #53
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Most consumer goods are marked up over 50%. Have all of the retailers in America been ripping us off all this time? The most efficient economic model devised in the history of man is price rationing. Your entitled to your opinion, but many of us value a retailer who has what we need in stock more than a retailer who sold what we needed to someone else who would not have been willing to pay as much a we would pay.

Old 04-21-2013, 20:20   #54
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Somebody who applied for vacation time from work 6 months in advance, is traveling hundreds of miles for a class... Do you really expect him to wait around scouring the net for weeks to try and save 6-8 bucks per magazine?
If he planned ahead well enough to schedule the class and his vacation 6 months in advance, perhaps he should have planned ahead and he could have bought his magazines for 1/2 that price.

No, a $20 magazine is not a deal breaker, but it is still 50% over retail just because there are people desperate enough to pay for it.
Old 04-21-2013, 20:35   #55
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
Most consumer goods are marked up over 50%. Have all of the retailers in America been ripping us off all this time? The most efficient economic model devised in the history of man is price rationing. Your entitled to your opinion, but many of us value a retailer who has what we need in stock more than a retailer who sold what we needed to someone else who would not have been willing to pay as much a we would pay.
We're not talking about normal markup/margin, we're talking about jacking up prices just because there is a high demand. Magpul has not jacked up the wholesale cost, but some retailers feel compelled to jack up theirs. I stand by my *opinion* that these retailers don't deserve to have customers once the market calms down.

Some of us plan ahead so that we don't have to pay jacked up prices. The last 30-round PMAGs that I bought were at $10 each. The 9mm ammo that I shot last week was purchased April 2008 for under 19 cents a round. When I bought my 33-round Glock 9mm mags I paid $26 each and they had free shipping...

I'm not about to tell others how to spend their money. Just sharing what I'm willing to do with mine.

Cheers.
Old 04-22-2013, 17:57   #56
Angel

That person should have prepared before booking the class.

Learned a long time ago: if you fail to plan you plan to fail.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:11   #57
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
That person should have prepared before booking the class.

Learned a long time ago: if you fail to plan you plan to fail.
So when you book a Memorial day trip to the beach in December, do you buy swim trunks, suntan lotion, etc. in December? It has been 20 years since the last magazine panic, so it is not like it is a forseeable event. We have mags for those who did not foresee the unforeseeable.

We have mags available because we know that unforeseeable events happen, even though we do not know what they will be or when they will happen. Our job is to see that our clients succeed, not to chide them for inconsequential things.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 04-22-2013 at 18:15..
Old 05-09-2013, 17:38   #58
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Pmags are back in stock. Shipping is free too by the way.

http://www.strongsidetactical.com/ma...223-5-56-nato/

Last edited by bullittmcqueen; 05-09-2013 at 18:45..
Old 05-13-2013, 17:21   #59
Roughedgekid
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
Just had 20 hit my doorstep today; $242 was on the invoice. Brownell's from 12/21/12 finally pulled through. Now the wait for my 5 15-22 mags...
I ordered 10 last 12/27/12 and they got here last week.$130.00 with shipping.

Tags
pmags in stock