SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18   #1
Altaris

Woman ticketed for driving 2mph Under the speed limit

Slow people need to get out of the fast(left) lane.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...197285901.html
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25   #2
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
she was pulled over and cited for failing to move right
The Okie Corral

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26   #3
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

I'm betting she's from CT. Her exit was a left-hand one that was ONLY 45 miles away. What do you expect her to do????

Quote:
"We are just morons and want our company in the press," said John Townsend of AAA Mid-Atlantic. . .
Shocked at the stupidity of the AAA guy.

Last edited by Dennis in MA; 03-12-2013 at 12:28..
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29   #4
Bruce M

Sounds like an appropriate citation to me; based on her statement it seems she has no clue what she did is in violation of the traffic statute.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31   #5
BossGodfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Okie Corral
After she slowed down because of high winds ! Which were confirmed by the local weather man.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38   #6
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Sounds like an appropriate citation to me; based on her statement it seems she has no clue what she did is in violation of the traffic statute.
And that's never stopped people from complaining after being stopped/warned or cited for it. (based upon a couple decades of real world experience).

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39   #7
DanaT
Pharaoh

I wanna buy that cop a beer!!!!! Or even 5!!

Start getting the left lane campers out of the left lane!!
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:39   #8
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

I try not to be a "rolling road-block" and hate to see them on the road. They cause the speed freaks to either tailgate or pass on the inside...which freaks some people out.

But no matter what the weather, if you're not actively passing somebody who is in the right hand lane, stay outta' the left hand lane.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40   #9
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

We've had posters in the past brag about blocking in other cars on a divided lane highway to "teach them a lesson".
Where are they now?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:45   #10
Disintegr8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I wanna buy that cop a beer!!!!! Or even 5!!

Start getting the left lane campers out of the left lane!!
This. I wish I could deploy a portable EMP device to disable Left Lane Hogs.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:47   #11
GVFlyer

The citation says "Failure ...to keep right." Bravo to the cop. We need more of this kind of enforcement.

Where I live, we have left lane vigilantes who, at rush hour, do 54 mph in the fast lane in a citizen attempt to maintain what they believe to be a safe speed for all traffic. Of course this lane blocking creates chaos in the other lanes.

Apparently, there are regions where this sort of behavior is more prevalent. I read a newspaper article not too long ago reporting that the Wisconsin police were citing Minnesota drivers entering their state on I-94 for failure to yield right away to overtaking drivers. I suspect the law is on the books in Minnesota as well, but is not enforced.

http://www.specialops.org/
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52   #12
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
We've had posters in the past brag about blocking in other cars on a divided lane highway to "teach them a lesson".
Where are they now?
I remember some of those, "you WILL wait behind me" etc.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:55   #13
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossGodfrey View Post
After she slowed down because of high winds ! Which were confirmed by the local weather man.

What does that have to do with changing lanes?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59   #14
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
What does that have to do with changing lanes?
" my hair is blue this is my lane, ask me to move over I'll tell you the same"
Old 03-12-2013, 13:00   #15
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Where are they now?
Sitting in MD holding their citation. That's where they are.
Old 03-12-2013, 13:05   #16
Altaris

Quote:
Where are they now?
I remember that long thread on speeding where a few people were bragging about being a-holes and doing that. I was thinking of them after I posted this
Old 03-12-2013, 13:07   #17
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral x2

Old 03-12-2013, 13:08   #18
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Where are they now?
I'm sure they'll be along to tell us how there really is no such law and that if they are going the speed limit they don't have to move over. They'll also tell you that everyone's speedometer is exactly the same and that they always maintain their speed so we just need to settle down, kick off our cruise control and do their version of the speed limit.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 03-12-2013 at 13:11..
Old 03-12-2013, 13:14   #19
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

I don't care for getting stuck behind someone in the #1 lane, but I can't imagine this ticket holding water in court at 2 mph under the posted limit. Frivolous waste of taxpayer money and court time. If the driver didn't pull over for an emergency vehicle to get past, I would have a different opinion, but I'd guess the charge would be different in that case.

I'm not advocating driving like a rolling road block to everyone else in the #1 lane, but if the driver had "kept up with the flow of traffic" in this case, it sounds like it could have turned into a speeding ticket instead. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Old 03-12-2013, 13:14   #20
The Fist Of Goodness

I never saw the left lane hogs as bad as when I drove down to DC last June. It was so bad I thought maybe the center lane was for passing in Maryland.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-12-2013, 13:18   #21
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
I wish it was enforced around here...or even mentioned in the damn driver hand book. It seems fewer and fewer people are aware of the left lane having its own special purpose. Also, they never show the chick in the clip or mention if she is hot or not in the article.
Old 03-12-2013, 13:24   #22
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
I don't care for getting stuck behind someone in the #1 lane, but I can't imagine this ticket holding water in court at 2 mph under the posted limit. Frivolous waste of taxpayer money and court time. If the driver didn't pull over for an emergency vehicle to get past, I would have a different opinion, but I'd guess the charge would be different in that case.
The ticket wasn't for 2 mph under, it was for not moving to the right lane, as required by law.

So either you back the play by the cop for enforcing the law, or you believe that laws are subjective.
Old 03-12-2013, 13:27   #23
Caver 60

Only one excuse for left lane blocking. That's when there are marked construction zones which close the left lanes ahead, and people won't merge right. Instead they try to stay in the left lane to the last minute and merge in front of all the cars they just passed who had already merged right.

Then I've seen a couple of semi drivers who block the left lanes forcing these inconsiderate drivers to merge. I love that. My hats off to those guys.

Otherwise stay out of the left lanes unless passing or going at the same speed as all the others in that lane. And if you're going to pull into the left lane when I'm about to overtake you, please pick your speed up, so it won't take you 5 minutes to pass one truck. You can slow back down after you've completed the pass and pulled back in.

Bravo to the officer for giving her a ticket.

Last edited by Caver 60; 03-12-2013 at 13:29..
Old 03-12-2013, 13:27   #24
Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
The ticket wasn't for 2 mph under, it was for not moving to the right lane, as required by law.

So either you back the play by the cop for enforcing the law, or you believe that laws are subjective.
More like "Can't Read".
Old 03-12-2013, 13:41   #25
OmarR

The title of that article is so full of fail.

If the title had been accurate; "Driver cited for failing to move right".....

I wonder how many people and AAA spokespeople would be cited as saying that "this sends the wrong message".
Closed Thread