GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:31   #1
frankr
Senior Member
 
frankr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania
Posts: 581
How Much Are They Worth?

Was digging around in the back of my gun safe and found a 100 round Winchester White Box 40 S&W FMJ and a Glock 22Gen 4 magazine (15 round). Evidently they are left over from when I had a Glock 22. In today痴 crazy market what do you think I can get for both?
__________________
Frank
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,622


100 rd's WWB .40 FMJ: $40ish

New 15rd Mag: $39ish

Mag price example http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=322591

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

Last edited by Glockdude1; 03-02-2013 at 05:34..
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 13:19   #3
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
100 rd's WWB .40 FMJ: $40ish

New 15rd Mag: $39ish

Mag price example http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=322591

Sounds good to me.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 00:44   #4
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
In my area it wouldnt last long for $75 all together.

You could also put it up for trade for something you lack. When it comes to firearms and ammo I tend to trade off rather than sell, especially now when prices and availability are always uncertain. Luckily I am well stocked up on everything but its still nice to help people out becuase I actually feel bad for some of they guys who werent able to stock up.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18   #5
frankr
Senior Member
 
frankr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
In my area it wouldnt last long for $75 all together.

You could also put it up for trade for something you lack. When it comes to firearms and ammo I tend to trade off rather than sell, especially now when prices and availability are always uncertain. Luckily I am well stocked up on everything but its still nice to help people out becuase I actually feel bad for some of they guys who werent able to stock up.
I知 not to bad off but could be better. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 both less than a year old with 4 magazine each plus 600 rounds of 9mm FMJ and 300 rounds of self defense JHP loads. Not sure if I want to hang onto the 100 round WWB 40 S&W and magazine or trade. I値l take them to the next gun show in my area and see what I can get for them. I might be willing to trade for a couple of factory 9mm magazines.
__________________
Frank
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38   #6
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankr View Post
I知 not to bad off but could be better. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 both less than a year old with 4 magazine each plus 600 rounds of 9mm FMJ and 300 rounds of self defense JHP loads. Not sure if I want to hang onto the 100 round WWB 40 S&W and magazine or trade. I値l take them to the next gun show in my area and see what I can get for them. I might be willing to trade for a couple of factory 9mm magazines.
Sounds good. In my experience I usually get more out of trades anyway. It seems like when I sell something, all I get is low ball offers. Then when I want to buy something, everything is gouged.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 14:31   #7
G23c
Senior Member
 
G23c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 3,950
I agree, about $40 each.
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 15:56   #8
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Just wait a few weeks - the prices will be even higher.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 20:29   #9
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Just wait a few weeks - the prices will be even higher.
In my area prices have been steadily going down
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51   #10
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
In my area prices have been steadily going down
Really? That's good news!
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:07   #11
esminbritt
Elias
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankr View Post
I知 not to bad off but could be better. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 both less than a year old with 4 magazine each plus 600 rounds of 9mm FMJ and 300 rounds of self defense JHP loads. Not sure if I want to hang onto the 100 round WWB 40 S&W and magazine or trade. I値l take them to the next gun show in my area and see what I can get for them. I might be willing to trade for a couple of factory 9mm magazines.
That's about the same amounts of 9 FMJ's anf JHP's that I have. I think it's a very comfortable amount. I acn load everything in the truck in 5 minutes. I get how some guys like to stockpile 10k rounds. But my plan if the SHTF is evasion maneuvers. Think like a rabbit, and be ready to shoot your way out of the rabbit hole if need be. Defending a static structure doesn't really seem feasible these days. Just My Opinion. If I don't have room i my truck for it, I dont need it that bad. I'm more of a "pick your battles carefully, and pick your shots even more careful" kind of guy. My second cousin just passed away. I went to help his brother unload his basement. This guy had 10K rounds EACH of 10 ga., 12 ga., .223, .308, 762x39, 9mm, 45acp. It took me an hour and a half just to UNLOAD it. It was a little tough to moving unopened 1000 rd cases of stuff that I can't get my hands on. But like I said, I content w/ what I have for now.
__________________
Gen 4 G17--Saiga .308--Rem 700SS R5 milspec .308--Rem. 870 Marine Mag.
"If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun... and a friend with a long gun."
--NRA Life Member
esminbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:15   #12
zysus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 196
Yeah, not in my area. I just paid $1800 for an AR-15 that retails for $1300 because you just can't get anything.

I have stripped lowers as well and I can't even get parts to build them up. All the online retailers are out with a 3+ month lead time. Awesome.

I'm thinking I might open my own machine shop. I figure it can't take the ATF much more than 3 months to issue an FFL mfg license.
zysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20   #13
CA Escapee
Finally!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankr View Post
Was digging around in the back of my gun safe and found a 100 round Winchester White Box 40 S&W FMJ and a Glock 22Gen 4 magazine (15 round). Evidently they are left over from when I had a Glock 22. In today’s crazy market what do you think I can get for both?

Here's another data point for you. There's a shop in Loveland, CO that has both. Magazines, $30, ammo, $40. I saw magazines at the last Denver show for $99, needless to say the dealer took them home when it was time to pack it up.

You'd be much better off trading the mag and ammo at a show than trying to sell it to a dealer there.

Bill

Last edited by CA Escapee; 03-09-2013 at 10:21..
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 15:57   #14
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by zysus View Post
Yeah, not in my area. I just paid $1800 for an AR-15 that retails for $1300 because you just can't get anything.
In my area there is almost of a surplus of ARs. I even seen an updated advirtisement for a Bushmaster (carbon?) AR15 for $899.

On the private market they are selling for $1000-$1200 and even brass cased ammo is starting to sell for around $.60 a round.

The only thing in my area that is hard to get is 9mm and .22LR ammo. 9mm ammo goes for $.50-$60 a round and a 550 pack of any .22LR goes for $60.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27   #15
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
In my area there is almost of a surplus of ARs. I even seen an updated advirtisement for a Bushmaster (carbon?) AR15 for $899.

On the private market they are selling for $1000-$1200 and even brass cased ammo is starting to sell for around $.60 a round.

The only thing in my area that is hard to get is 9mm and .22LR ammo. 9mm ammo goes for $.50-$60 a round and a 550 pack of any .22LR goes for $60.
$60 for a brick of .22s? Wow.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:54   #16
frankr
Senior Member
 
frankr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwestern Pennsylvania
Posts: 581
I知 glad I was able to get a good supply of 9mm both in FMJ and JHP before they became so scarce.
__________________
Frank
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 14:01   #17
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankr View Post
I知 glad I was able to get a good supply of 9mm both in FMJ and JHP before they became so scarce.
A lot of smart shoppers do that. They stock up in times of plenty.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 770
247 Members
523 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42