Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:07   #51
Spiffums
I.C.P.

IF these people would rather die than defend themselves, would they also not press any charges and save the cost of tax payers money to investigate the crime, try the accused and incarcerate the offender?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19   #52
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Her choice of no self defense is hers to make, even if it seems ridiculous to us. As someone else said, her instincts might kick in with a willingness to fight if the threat was real and in her face.

I don't understand folks who refuse to eat meat. I don't understand conscientious objectors. I don't understand people who hoard stuff in their homes to the point of creating an unsafe environment. The fact that I don't get it doesn't mean anything except...I just don't get it.
As Cybercowboy said, it is the fact that she comes after us that makes her suck.

If she said, "I don't in believe this, and won't defend myself, but others can do what they like", then I would have no problem with her. She would still be dumb, but it is her choice.
The problem is that people like her don't say the above and really say "I don't in believe this, and won't defend myself, and I don't want to allow you do do it either". That would be like the vegans forcing you to give up meat, or the hoarders forcing you to collect stuff. That is why this lady sucks.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33   #53
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Chances are, she will get her wish. Sad, but true.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35   #54
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
That's her decision to make as a free person. Its an immoral decision. But its hers to make

It's not her's to make for me.

I feel you have a duty to kill all goblins who threaten me and mine with lethal force. Lest they succeed and come for you and yours. Its not just my life I'm protecting in the process...its the long list of future potential victims.
Took the words out of my mouth!
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:13   #55
GLOCK19FTW

She has the right to be an ignorant victim.

And we have the right to defend ourselves.

To each their own.
/”"”"”"”"”"”"”"\
\_@_@_@_@_/
GLOCK19FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:26   #56
VC-Racing
General Flunky

Typical sheep attitude... Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.... give me more Koolaid ...........................................
Old 02-28-2013, 14:38   #57
RDW
BTDT

Silly question!
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:45   #58
Never Nervous

That's the main reason I carry. To defend myself and my family. I know they want to be protected. Sadly, there are many people that think that way. I've seen the same thing posted by some people here on GT. It's easy to be objective about a house fire if it's not your house that is burning down.

NN
Old 02-28-2013, 15:02   #59
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-Racing View Post
Typical sheep attitude... Baaaaaaaaaaaaa.... give me more Koolaid ...........................................

The Okie Corral
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 15:41   #60
Cream Soda Kid

Some mindsets are bewildering to me.

I took a self defense class that had a dozen people. One student was a young woman, about 23 years old or so. She said carrying a gun was a condition of employment for her. It wasn’t LEO related, it was in Africa IIRC. Her boss said everyone “in country” had to carry a gun and he was paying for the classes they took. She said; “Dangerous locations required serious defense.”

She wanted the job, but didn’t want to carry a gun. She said using a gun was just wrong, if she had to defend herself, she would much rather use a knife. I asked her if she knew how to use a knife in a fight, if she ever had to cut or stab another person, if she ever saw anyone cut or stabbed, she said no. I told her that defending oneself with a blade is very difficult and quite gruesome, up close and very personal.

After talking to her a little while she actually said that guns are evil and she didn’t know if she could actually shoot someone, even in self defense, I asked her “honey, if you can’t shoot someone do you really have the guts to use a knife?”

I bet she didn’t take that job after all.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 15:45   #61
RonS

I may have told this story before, but I think it is relevant. Many years ago my wife's sister was home alone on a snowy night when the the power went off and the furnace blew soot all through the house when it shut off. She called my wife because her husband was at work and was too new at the job to take off. I wasn't at home at the time but came home later, threw the tool box in the back of the car and drove out to their house. We didn't think to call ahead, just figured she would be glad to have the help and a ride to our house if I couldn't get the furnace going. Now little sis was very anti gun, very libtard about the whole guns are bad, violence is bad, not one needs a gun, no one should hurt anyone, can't we all just get along. So, wife and I show up on the doorstep in the driving snow, knock on the door and she answers it with a 24oz California framing hammer held over her head like Thor with PMS. Claws front. If she had hit someone she would have buried a couple of inches of steel wedges in them somewhere. She had sat there in the cold and dark worrying herself into a tizzy and listening to every noise until she was in a killing/fear frenzy.

So much for that whole "violence doesn't solve anything" gig when crunch time comes. People who ignore reality and live their lives in condition white have no plan and no clue when things go bad.
Old 02-28-2013, 16:25   #62
Baba Louie

Quote:
...she answers it with a 24oz California framing hammer held over her head like Thor with PMS.
Your phrasing made me LOL Ron.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 16:44   #63
VC-Racing
General Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
The Okie Corral
Exact-a-mundo ...... I feel safer already
Old 02-28-2013, 16:52   #64
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
As Cybercowboy said, it is the fact that she comes after us that makes her suck.

If she said, "I don't in believe this, and won't defend myself, but others can do what they like", then I would have no problem with her. She would still be dumb, but it is her choice.
The problem is that people like her don't say the above and really say "I don't in believe this, and won't defend myself, and I don't want to allow you do do it either". That would be like the vegans forcing you to give up meat, or the hoarders forcing you to collect stuff. That is why this lady sucks.

She is really good at sucking though.
Old 02-28-2013, 17:04   #65
Happypuppy

Interesting. I wonder you they would feel if someone used a gun to defend their life and lost it saving them ? I agree with another post , mentally ill.
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 17:18   #66
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I believe they are liars, but if that is their choice, they should do it. I don't see that being any kind of argument that she should be allowed to kill other people by preventing them from having guns.
Agreed. They have taken a political position, and will double down on these absurd arguments to support it. It being far better to look like a fool than admit they were wrong.
The Fist Of Goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 17:49   #67
Diesel_Bomber

What a joke. Won't use a gun themselves, but wait for someone to break in and who's the first person they call?

Someone with a gun, that's who.

I have no patience for pacifism on that level. It's not a choice, it's refusing to make a choice by ignoring the fact that the problem exists at all. It's hiding from the truth.
Old 02-28-2013, 19:51   #68
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
A guy who is a frequent poster on a different forum, from Massachusetts, is totally anti-gun and anti-self defense. When asked what he'd do if somebody tried to bash in his front door, he said he'd just run out the back. When asked what he'd do to protect his family, he said he would just ask them to follow him. When asked what he'd do if one or more of his family was trapped in the house by the home invaders, he said he'd just run outside, call the police, and wait for them to come help.

He's totally serious. He saw nothing at all wrong with his logic. And he did whatever he could politically to ensure you would be forced to do the same thing. They walk among us.
I have conversed with such people. I have had them go quite spastic when I flatly and soberly stated;

"Some people need to be shot".

To them, I was the terrorist/murderer/pillager/Hun.

An example of above mentioned, 'some people'? Someone about to abduct your/my child. Someone raping or attempting to force their attentions on my/your wife. Those who terrorize and murder the helpless innocent....

The above mentioned gobs of crud needing a little lead and copper in their diets were merely misunderstood good people who only needed the kindness (Read that as total sheeplike surrender even if it means horrific death), of an understanding person.

These folk will be the main course upon arrival in the nether regions I'm afraid...They served and serve as delightfull enertainment in the gulags of the world's dictators and tyrants.

Gray_Rider

P.S. Ohhh Cyber? Your arguing with liber.. I mean idiots is priceless.

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-28-2013 at 20:10..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 14:22   #69
captcurly

This is a sad story and shows where we are as a country. If this individual would rather die than use a gun that is her decision. I respect her right for being a moron. I just have one question. Would this person call the police to respond to a life threatening event? Would it be OK for her if a LEO used a gun to protect her?

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote