Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:01   #26
okie
GT Mayor

If they don't want to defend them selves that's their bidness, if I want to defend my self that's my bidness, and I have the right to own a gun to do so
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04   #27
Atlas
transmogrifier

"Would rather die than use a gun to defend herself"

The Okie Corral

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07   #28
Al Czervik
My arm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
"Would rather die than use a gun to defend herself"

The Okie Corral
^^^ Yes. I will shed no tear.
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07   #29
RussP

Some links...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
Quote:
Oh, just to make sure these are pretty well published regularly, remember these gems:

After helping to organize the Million Mom March, and even speaking at the event, Barbara Graham was convicted of shooting an innocent man. Now he is paralyzed for life. When police searched her home, they found three handguns and a Tec-9 "assault weapon." She received a life sentence on nine charges, including illegal possession of a firearm (guns are, for all intents and purposes, illegal to own in D.C.).
http://www.tincher.to/mmm.htm
Quote:
Quote:
Annette Stevens president of Springfield, Illinois chapter of the Million Mom March was arrested for possession of an illegal gun that had its serial number ground off, and drugs. She plead guilty on the drug charges in exchange for dropping the gun charges.
http://sangamoncorifleassociation.or...iledapr06.html

http://www.tincher.to/stevens.htm
Quote:
Quote:
HECTOR MARROQUIN, the founder of a gang intervention program called NO GUNS, was last week for being in possession of a firearm.
http://www.laweekly.com/related/to/Hector+Marroquin/

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08   #30
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
My sister pretty much said the same thing to me.
I believe they are liars, but if that is their choice, they should do it. I don't see that being any kind of argument that she should be allowed to kill other people by preventing them from having guns.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08   #31
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
A guy who is a frequent poster on a different forum, from Massachusetts, is totally anti-gun and anti-self defense. When asked what he'd do if somebody tried to bash in his front door, he said he'd just run out the back. When asked what he'd do to protect his family, he said he would just ask them to follow him. When asked what he'd do if one or more of his family was trapped in the house by the home invaders, he said he'd just run outside, call the police, and wait for them to come help.

He's totally serious. He saw nothing at all wrong with his logic. And he did whatever he could politically to ensure you would be forced to do the same thing. They walk among us.
Did anyone ask him if his family knew of these plans?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10   #32
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Some links...
Those go right along with what we have seen at every level of the anti-gun movement - anti-gunners want to be armed, they just want everybody else disarmed.

Last edited by Bren; 02-28-2013 at 08:16..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11   #33
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
That's her decision to make as a free person. Its an immoral decision. But its hers to make

It's not her's to make for me. ...
This^ with the understanding that some people, for religious reasons, decide not to kill under any circumstance, which is their decision to make.

Speaking for myself, I'm a Christian that understands as I live by the "sword," I may fully die by the same. To each his/her own.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14   #34
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

Hopefully he has one of those wives that understands her husband is a pansy, when it comes to guns, and therefore has gone out an purchased her own 'personal' Mossberg for protection of hearth and home.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14   #35
dling

It's a free country, she is allowed to be a victim by choice.
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42   #36
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Oh yeah, we were pretty brutal to him. Keep in mind, this was hashed out over a period of over five years. He was totally consistent - he wouldn't lift a finger to protect his family, other than dialing 911. Of course he claimed that his entire family was of the same mindset.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:56   #37
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Oh yeah, we were pretty brutal to him. Keep in mind, this was hashed out over a period of over five years. He was totally consistent - he wouldn't lift a finger to protect his family, other than dialing 911. Of course he claimed that his entire family was of the same mindset.
I just imagined someone breaking into his home and cornering him, when his wife sneaks up behind the intruder and puts a 9" kitchen knife in the back of his neck. She then leaves the guy for a real man, and all life happily ever after. Except him, but he's a wussy sack of crap, so no one cares.

Made me smile.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00   #38
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

She's just a conservative that hasn't been shot at yet.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01   #39
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Well... she made a choice, now she has to live with the consequences of that choice. Glad I am not around her!
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02   #40
WIMPY

A living, breathing dumb sheeple.

Last edited by WIMPY; 02-28-2013 at 10:07.. Reason: I watched the video
WIMPY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05   #41
PVolk

"Self defense is not an option."

WOW. Just wow...

Last edited by PVolk; 02-28-2013 at 10:05..
PVolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:08   #42
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
That's her decision to make as a free person. Its an immoral decision. But its hers to make

It's not her's to make for me.

I feel you have a duty to kill all goblins who threaten me and mine with lethal force. Lest they succeed and come for you and yours. Its not just my life I'm protecting in the process...its the long list of future potential victims.

I agree with this.

Sacrificing your life for a criminal is not my choice. But we each have personal choices to make with our lives, and I feel my and my family's lives are more important than a thug's.

No one can ask the righteous deceased if, at their last breath, they still consider this to be the best choice they could have made for themselves or their loved ones. No do-overs in death.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11   #43
somebodybuymeaglock

My grandma was is about the most liberal antigun person you could find. Now after her house has been broken into twice, she is armed.

If this woman would rather die than use a gun, its her choice.

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16   #44
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I just imagined someone breaking into his home and cornering him, when his wife sneaks up behind the intruder and puts a 9" kitchen knife in the back of his neck. She then leaves the guy for a real man, and all life happily ever after. Except him, but he's a wussy sack of crap, so no one cares.

Made me smile.
Just based on his self-defense stance, you can only imagine his stances on other topics. We did have great fun with him after he posted the night before the Coakley/Brown special Senate election after Ted Kennedy died that we should all get used to saying "Senator Coakley" because, as a Massachusetts resident, he knew for a fact she would win and win handily. For the next two years, whenever he'd bloviate about some political matter, we'd tell him to write to Sen. Coakley and state his position.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:16   #45
JAS104
NRA Life Member

I GUESS she's entitled to her opinion.. but, no thanks.
Ill keep mine and yes, defend myself.

On a side note, this whole Trayvon Martin deal is still a thing?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20   #46
PhotoFeller

Her choice of no self defense is hers to make, even if it seems ridiculous to us. As someone else said, her instincts might kick in with a willingness to fight if the threat was real and in her face.

I don't understand folks who refuse to eat meat. I don't understand conscientious objectors. I don't understand people who hoard stuff in their homes to the point of creating an unsafe environment. The fact that I don't get it doesn't mean anything except...I just don't get it.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 02-28-2013 at 10:23..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21   #47
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Her choice of no self defense is hers to make, even if it seems ridiculous to us. As someone else said, her instincts might discover a willingness to fight if the threat was real and in her face.

I don't understand folks who refuse to eat meat. I don't understand atheists. I don't understand people who hoard stuff in their homes to the point of creating an unsafe environment. The fact that I don't get it doesn't mean anything except...I just don't get it.
Ah, sure it's her choice to make but she is agitating to take that choice away from you. Therefore she sucks very badly.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29   #48
oldman11

Quote:
Oh, just to make sure these are pretty well published regularly, remember these gems:

After helping to organize the Million Mom March, and even speaking at the event, Barbara Graham was convicted of shooting an innocent man. Now he is paralyzed for life. When police searched her home, they found three handguns and a Tec-9 "assault weapon." She received a life sentence on nine charges, including illegal possession of a firearm (guns are, for all intents and purposes, illegal to own in D.C.).

Annette Stevens president of Springfield, Illinois chapter of the Million Mom March was arrested for possession of an illegal gun that had its serial number ground off, and drugs. She plead guilty on the drug charges in exchange for dropping the gun charges.

HECTOR MARROQUIN, the founder of a gang intervention program called NO GUNS, was last week for being in possession of a firearm.
+1 on that.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36   #49
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
I GUESS she's entitled to her opinion.. but, no thanks.
Ill keep mine and yes, defend myself.

Google is your friend. Last I heard they are still trying to convince him to plea guilty to some charges. That is the goal for present.
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59   #50
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Unfortunately, yes.

Just wait, it'll be a BIG deal sometime this summer. Just as soon as the not-guilty verdict drops.

Katie bar the door...

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote