Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2013, 17:48   #1
bac1023

Got a great deal on a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9 :)

I wasn't exactly looking for one, but I stopped by a local shop today and it had just come in. It was bought the week before by a local chief of police who put a box of ammo through it and decided it was too small to shoot comfortably. I have smaller hands and it fits me fine. I can't wait to try it out.

I got it for $395 out the door with box, papers, and extra mag. I do a great deal of business in the shop and they gave me a nice deal considering what these are going for right now. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for one, so if the price wasn't right, I would have passed. Its not my typical style, but I may use it for summer carry.

Any thoughts on the Shield?

Sorry for the lousy pics. I took them in poor lighting.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 17:59   #2
jfost11

I guess what they say is true. Everything does look better on that carpet! Not having handled one, my only complaint is S&W's stupid caution printing on the slide. I hate seeing that but I think it's more tolerable on a Shield than a 1911.

I've been thinking about getting one and for that price, I wouldn't have passed it up either. Let us know how it shoots.
jfost11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:06   #3
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfost11 View Post
I guess what they say is true. Everything does look better on that carpet! Not having handled one, my only complaint is S&W's stupid caution printing on the slide. I hate seeing that but I think it's more tolerable on a Shield than a 1911.

I've been thinking about getting one and for that price, I wouldn't have passed it up either. Let us know how it shoots.
Yeah, the warning label sucks, but I never worry about that sort of thing on polymer guns.

I'll take some better pics later in the week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-27-2013, 18:26   #4
XDMUSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I wasn't exactly looking for one, but I stopped by a local shop today and it had just come in. It was bought the week before by a local chief of police who put a box of ammo through it and decided it was too small to shoot comfortably. I have smaller hands and it fits me fine. I can't wait to try it out.

I got it for $395 out the door with box, papers, and extra mag. I do a great deal of business in the shop and they gave me a nice deal considering what these are going for right now. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for one, so if the price wasn't right, I would have passed. Its not my typical style, but I may use it for summer carry.

Any thoughts on the Shield?

Sorry for the lousy pics. I took them in poor lighting.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Nice! Excellent gun you got there and awesome price. I sold mine and bought a XDs, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I have been hunting them down for friends lately with great success.

I am really thinking about getting another one for summer carry. This is where I believe the shield shined. Just need to figure out how to shoot it!

Anyways, awesome price you got and hope enjoy it!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
XDMUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:32   #5
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Of course you got a Shield.....everyone else in the country can't get one, but leave it to bac to stumble into a great deal

Congrats! My wife wants one as soon as I can find one for her.

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:37   #6
LouisianaJoe

I have not shot the Shield yet but I have owned a couple of full size M&P's. My son shot well with the 9mm and it went home with him. I now have a .45 ACP and it is a great shooter.
LouisianaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 18:44   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaJoe View Post
I have not shot the Shield yet but I have owned a couple of full size M&P's. My son shot well with the 9mm and it went home with him. I now have a .45 ACP and it is a great shooter.
Very cool

I like the entire M&P line, actually.

Old 02-27-2013, 18:46   #8
Will Beararms

Well done
Old 02-27-2013, 18:46   #9
JerryVO

Nice find. I can't seem to get one locally and when I do find one in stock it is for $550+

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JerryVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 19:12   #10
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryVO View Post
Nice find. I can't seem to get one locally and when I do find one in stock it is for $550+

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
I'm seeing bids in Gunbroker of over $600. That's nuts.

Old 02-27-2013, 19:14   #11
plouffedaddy

For $395 I'd get a 2nd

Love mine.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 19:14   #12
XDMUSER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'm seeing bids in Gunbroker of over $600. That's nuts.
Yikes! They have been trickling in around here at 429+tax. NE Ohio.

XDMUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 19:31   #13
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMUSER View Post
Yikes! They have been trickling in around here at 429+tax. NE Ohio.

Gunbroker bidding wars can drive up prices.

Old 02-27-2013, 20:01   #14
joecoastie

Very nice! I got one before the panic and I love it. I'm not necessarily a big fan of polymer guns but it's quickly become my favorite carry gun. I really like the Crossbreed Qwik Clip for carrying it. I've found that the extended mags don't make it any less concealable for me and are a little easier to shoot with.
Old 02-27-2013, 20:16   #15
Bruce M

I like mine alot. It seemed to become very familiar and comfortable very quickly. I hope you enjoy yours and if you do not, you certainly would be able to sell it at no loss in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfost11 View Post
I guess what they say is true. Everything does look better on that carpet! ...
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 20:39   #16
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I like mine alot. It seemed to become very familiar and comfortable very quickly. I hope you enjoy yours and if you do not, you certainly would be able to sell it at no loss in no time.
Thanks Bruce

Old 02-27-2013, 21:08   #17
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I absolutely love my Shield 9. If you ever plan on carrying it you gotta check out PJ Holster kydex. Fits like a glove and ultra comfortable. I find the trigger on the Shield to be the best of the M&P line by far. It's the most reliable "small" polymer pistol I've owned. I know you own an armory of guns but I feel the Shield earns the right to be in your collection.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 21:16   #18
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I absolutely love my Shield 9. If you ever plan on carrying it you gotta check out PJ Holster kydex. Fits like a glove and ultra comfortable. I find the trigger on the Shield to be the best of the M&P line by far. It's the most reliable "small" polymer pistol I've owned. I know you own an armory of guns but I feel the Shield earns the right to be in your collection.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I haven't changed my carry gun rotation in years now.

It usually my Kimber CDP II and occasionally my G33. I almost always have my P3AT as a BUG or at times my only gun.

The Shield gives me another option.

Old 02-27-2013, 21:18   #19
itstime

I just purchased one for my wife for her carry gun. She just got her permit and hated everything I had to offer her to carry.

She will shoot anything full size including magnums. Scale the size down and she just plain didn't like it.

I tried to explain its not a range gun blah blah. Nothing worked.

She held a Kahr CM9 at the local show and she said she liked it but I really had my doubts. So I go to the local shop to get one and surprise her with one.

Long story short they had a Shield sitting there. I fondled one of the first runs and thought ok and then they dried up.

I felt with the 8 rounder she would shoot it. Full grip. So I buy it.

Shot it Sunday and she (and I) really like it. She prefers the shorter mag. Go figure. She even said it had a "nice" recoil for the size. I agree.

O ly malfunction was a light primer strike on WWB on the first mag. I reloaded the round with the same result. I'm calling ammo failure. Other than that it was great. Great to shoot.

You should be happy with it. We are.

If she didn't like it it was going to be mine. Dangit! Lol
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 21:23   #20
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
I just purchased one for my wife for her carry gun. She just got her permit and hated everything I had to offer her to carry.

She will shoot anything full size including magnums. Scale the size down and she just plain didn't like it.

I tried to explain its not a range gun blah blah. Nothing worked.

She held a Kahr CM9 at the local show and she said she liked it but I really had my doubts. So I go to the local shop to get one and surprise her with one.

Long story short they had a Shield sitting there. I fondled one of the first runs and thought ok and then they dried up.

I felt with the 8 rounder she would shoot it. Full grip. So I buy it.

Shot it Sunday and she (and I) really like it. She prefers the shorter mag. Go figure. She even said it had a "nice" recoil for the size. I agree.

O ly malfunction was a light primer strike on WWB on the first mag. I reloaded the round with the same result. I'm calling ammo failure. Other than that it was great. Great to shoot.

You should be happy with it. We are.

If she didn't like it it was going to be mine. Dangit! Lol
Great to hear

Thanks