JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmojo View Post
EVO Elite mo better.
They work!
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:31   #22
dakrat

will this make my Glock trigger feel like a 1911? this is a game changer! with a product named "Ghost EVO Elite", I am not expecting anything less. what skill level is required to install this elite product? do I need to be a certified Glock armorer to be qualified enough or should I just send it to a full custom tactical elite gun shop?

Last edited by dakrat; 11-27-2013 at 10:36..
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58   #23
CADguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
will this make my Glock trigger feel like a 1911? this is a game changer! with a product named "Ghost EVO Elite", I am not expecting anything less. what skill level is required to install this elite product? do I need to be a certified Glock armorer to be qualified enough or should I just send it to a full custom tactical elite gun shop?
From mvmojo's comments in a similar thread, it sounds to me like a light-trigger-pull version of the 3.5 connector/NY1 TS combo - continuous pull 'til she breaks. That's nothing like any of my 1911s...
Old 11-27-2013, 11:02   #24
dakrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADguy View Post
From mvmojo's comments in a similar thread, it sounds to me like a light-trigger-pull version of the 3.5 connector/NY1 TS combo - continuous pull 'til she breaks. That's nothing like any of my 1911s...
oh no! I had high hopes for this product. I was getting ready to sell my 1911
Old 12-02-2013, 22:14   #25
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
No, it will absolutely NOT make a Glock trigger feel like a 1911. My Colt Officers 1911 trigger has a very short pull and a very crisp break. The EVO Elite doesn't alter the length of pull and the trigger break certainly isn't crisp. But, the pull is very smooth and the break isn't detectable until you hear the bang!

Skill level to install the EVO Elite isn't high, just takes a little patience and willingness to make minimal changes until you get it right. Don't rush the job, don't get aggressive, just take your time in filing the TCT (trigger control tab) and you'll love the results!
mvmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 22:31   #26
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
Glocks are 'perfect out of the box' but for those who are either too lazy or too incompetent to master the OEM trigger...

Fixed it for you.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18   #27
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

What? No, 'Spaulding cut' on your new, 'EVO' connector. (For shame!)

(I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. The top angle is different. It's more elevated and, thus, eliminates, 'the bump' stock Glock connectors, and their clones, run into when the trigger bar and connector, first, meet.)

Bonedoc, you write well. I, kind 'a, thought you were educated to the profession.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-03-2013 at 07:24..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:47   #28
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
What? No, 'Spaulding cut' on your new, 'EVO' connector. (For shame!)

(I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. The top angle is different. It's more elevated and, thus, eliminates, 'the bump' stock Glock connectors, and their clones, run into when the trigger bar and connector, first, meet.)

Bonedoc, you write well. I, kind 'a, thought you were educated to the profession.

Ghost Inc. "Evo" trigger connector for Glock - YouTube

installing the Ghost Rocket with a D Spaulding cut final - YouTube

I called Ghost - Spaulding cut is not recommended for EVO Elite.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:55   #29
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmojo View Post
I called Ghost - Spaulding cut is not recommended for EVO Elite.
OK, thank you!

I really appreciate you telling me that. What I'm wondering about is, 'Why' Dave Spaulding, himself, demonstrates the right way to make this cut on (of all things!) an EVO connector?

I'm going to go with what Ghost told you, though, and not do it to the one I'm getting ready to install - Again, thanks!
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:51   #30
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
OK, thank you!

I really appreciate you telling me that. What I'm wondering about is, 'Why' Dave Spaulding, himself, demonstrates the right way to make this cut on (of all things!) an EVO connector?

I saw the YouTube video
where Dave Spaulding talks about the cut with the EVO, but Ghost doesn't mention it on their web site except for the Ghost Rocket connector. That's why I called them. They said not to do it on the EVO Elite, only the Rocket. I've done the cut on my Rocket connectors and quite frankly don't see/feel any difference... I'm mostly shooting a G21 .45acp which might explain it - been told the 45/10mm triggers are always stiffer than other calibers. As hard as I've worked, I still can't get the G21 trigger (or my G36 trigger) as nice as the Ghost Rocket trigger on my G17. My G26 is stock so I've got a nice comparison.

Tags
connector, evo elite, ghost, triggers