JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmojo View Post
EVO Elite mo better.
They work!
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:31   #22
dakrat

will this make my Glock trigger feel like a 1911? this is a game changer! with a product named "Ghost EVO Elite", I am not expecting anything less. what skill level is required to install this elite product? do I need to be a certified Glock armorer to be qualified enough or should I just send it to a full custom tactical elite gun shop?

Last edited by dakrat; 11-27-2013 at 10:36..
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58   #23
CADguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
will this make my Glock trigger feel like a 1911? this is a game changer! with a product named "Ghost EVO Elite", I am not expecting anything less. what skill level is required to install this elite product? do I need to be a certified Glock armorer to be qualified enough or should I just send it to a full custom tactical elite gun shop?
From mvmojo's comments in a similar thread, it sounds to me like a light-trigger-pull version of the 3.5 connector/NY1 TS combo - continuous pull 'til she breaks. That's nothing like any of my 1911s...
Old 11-27-2013, 11:02   #24
dakrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADguy View Post
From mvmojo's comments in a similar thread, it sounds to me like a light-trigger-pull version of the 3.5 connector/NY1 TS combo - continuous pull 'til she breaks. That's nothing like any of my 1911s...
oh no! I had high hopes for this product. I was getting ready to sell my 1911
Old 12-02-2013, 22:14   #25
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
No, it will absolutely NOT make a Glock trigger feel like a 1911. My Colt Officers 1911 trigger has a very short pull and a very crisp break. The EVO Elite doesn't alter the length of pull and the trigger break certainly isn't crisp. But, the pull is very smooth and the break isn't detectable until you hear the bang!

Skill level to install the EVO Elite isn't high, just takes a little patience and willingness to make minimal changes until you get it right. Don't rush the job, don't get aggressive, just take your time in filing the TCT (trigger control tab) and you'll love the results!
mvmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 22:31   #26
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
Glocks are 'perfect out of the box' but for those who are either too lazy or too incompetent to master the OEM trigger...

Fixed it for you.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18   #27
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

What? No, 'Spaulding cut' on your new, 'EVO' connector. (For shame!)

(I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. The top angle is different. It's more elevated and, thus, eliminates, 'the bump' stock Glock connectors, and their clones, run into when the trigger bar and connector, first, meet.)

Bonedoc, you write well. I, kind 'a, thought you were educated to the profession.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-03-2013 at 07:24..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:47   #28
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
What? No, 'Spaulding cut' on your new, 'EVO' connector. (For shame!)

(I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. The top angle is different. It's more elevated and, thus, eliminates, 'the bump' stock Glock connectors, and their clones, run into when the trigger bar and connector, first, meet.)

Bonedoc, you write well. I, kind 'a, thought you were educated to the profession.

Ghost Inc. "Evo" trigger connector for Glock - YouTube

installing the Ghost Rocket with a D Spaulding cut final - YouTube

I called Ghost - Spaulding cut is not recommended for EVO Elite.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:55   #29
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmojo View Post
I called Ghost - Spaulding cut is not recommended for EVO Elite.
OK, thank you!

I really appreciate you telling me that. What I'm wondering about is, 'Why' Dave Spaulding, himself, demonstrates the right way to make this cut on (of all things!) an EVO connector?

I'm going to go with what Ghost told you, though, and not do it to the one I'm getting ready to install - Again, thanks!
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:51   #30
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
OK, thank you!

I really appreciate you telling me that. What I'm wondering about is, 'Why' Dave Spaulding, himself, demonstrates the right way to make this cut on (of all things!) an EVO connector?

I saw the YouTube video
where Dave Spaulding talks about the cut with the EVO, but Ghost doesn't mention it on their web site except for the Ghost Rocket connector. That's why I called them. They said not to do it on the EVO Elite, only the Rocket. I've done the cut on my Rocket connectors and quite frankly don't see/feel any difference... I'm mostly shooting a G21 .45acp which might explain it - been told the 45/10mm triggers are always stiffer than other calibers. As hard as I've worked, I still can't get the G21 trigger (or my G36 trigger) as nice as the Ghost Rocket trigger on my G17. My G26 is stock so I've got a nice comparison.
Old 01-04-2015, 23:08   #31
Rockyd

I just installed an EVO in my G3 29sf, it took me about an hour after reading the instructions on Ghosts website. This was the first time I had ever been into the lower farther than installing an extended slide lock. Ghost instructions were easy to follow. It took me about 10 minutes to feel comfortable with what I was doing. Once I had test fitted the connector the first time it was quite easy after that. I found that with the TCT it was easier to slide the EVO and the trigger arm in place together, rather than trying to twist the trigger bar in after the EVO.
I dry fired the gun 20-30 times to ensure function , then took it out to my range. The trigger is so different that I feel like it is an entirely different gun.
I have several revolvers that have had professional trigger jobs, this is nothing like that.
The spongy take up is gone. You get a nice even pull, then bang. With the TCT the trigger just stops as soon as it clicks. I would not call it "crisp" but definite. It is so different that I think it will take a couple hundred more rounds to get comfortable with it. I fired 50 rounds at 25 yards. I could tell that the trigger was capable of better proformance, but my old brain was having a hard time adapting to the new trigger.
I will report back when I have more rounds down range with it.
Rockyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:25   #32
Bonedoc

It's been nearly two years since I posted the first comment in this thread. Since then I put the Evo into my 23 and 'that' was a different experience. Still the same smooth and 'nearly' crisp pull/press but it took me forever!

I cannot say what was different but instead of really just a few minutes with a (first) dremel and then jeweler's files this install seemed lengthy and, after a good dozen slide removals, painful on the fingers trying to presse the slide lock down. But my results were nearly identical.

If anything, on this last install the "feel" is a bit more 'short' (although Ghost denies a 'shortening' of pre-travel), an instant and barely felt "moment" just before the movement releases the FP and no over-travel... reset is extremely short on this 23 now. I am still going thru various makes of ammunition because, unlike the 22s I've done, this one is so short on reset, light on press, that I was concerned that all ammo works. It simply felt too good to be true and, so far, it is 'true', no FTF, every round is fine and no spontaneous 'double' or 'triple' fires, the sear engagement, the whole 'train' of trigger to pin, seems perfectly fine.

I made the 'changes' to the 'trigger spring' and 'safety plunger spring' that were mentioned and the pull is light, probably just at 3 or maybe a bit under... I've played with the gun on the range with the barrel pointed downrange and made efforts to "pull" the trigger with a piece of bunched up cloth (to simulate a tee shirt or shirt tail) and, while it will ultimately set the gun off, it isn't (from memory) "so light" that I am more conernced than with a 'stock' trigger weight. There is a difference...

I do lots of dry fire with this gun (all my Glocks) and even sitting in my living room "dry firing" at moving targets on a TV, the gun's "feel" is impressive. So now all the Glocks I shoot have this trigger... the other day I got to 'pull' a stock Glock (Gen 4) trigger. It wasn't bad... but mine is to me much better. YMMV but this is still a good deal in triggers for any Glock. Be safe.

Last edited by Bonedoc; 01-05-2015 at 07:25..
Bonedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:33   #33
Rockyd

After shooting it and messing with it some more last night I decided that the trigger was not quite right. I believe that I had the TCT so close to the trip point that the trigger bar was actually having to flex a very small amount to cause it to fire. I removed .01 more and the trigger felt much better while dry firing. We are having a snow storm today so my range is kind of a mess. I will test fire another 50 as soon as I can this week.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:18   #34
Walk Soft

How does the Evo's reset compare to stock. Longer or shorter?

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:29   #35
mvmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
How does the Evo's reset compare to stock. Longer or shorter?
I haven't noticed any appreciable difference between the EVO & the Ghost Rocket but I think I remember Walt from King Glock (www.kingglock.com) telling me the EVO reset was just slightly longer. I can't shoot fast enough to feel the difference!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:55   #36
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyd View Post
After shooting it and messing with it some more last night I decided that the trigger was not quite right. I believe that I had the TCT so close to the trip point that the trigger bar was actually having to flex a very small amount to cause it to fire. I removed .01 more and the trigger felt much better while dry firing. We are having a snow storm today so my range is kind of a mess. I will test fire another 50 as soon as I can this week.
If the tab is a little too long with virtually no over travel it will cause a heavier pull as the trigger breaks.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 15:16   #37
Rockyd

I had an opportunity to put some rounds down range after adjusting the TCT a little more the other night. Wow what a difference .01 made. I was shooting at my 8" gong at 25 yards. I put 30 rounds on it of 180 grain hand loads. They are stoked up pretty stout. I had no issue with keeping them all on the gong, with most of them clustered in about 3"
I was also trying out a new set of sights that I installed last night They are a set of Truglo TFO's. What an improvement they are over the stock Glock sights. It was heavy clouds and a snowy background. The sights just jumped to my eyes. I got the green front yellow back, they seem to be a good combination. I have another Glock that has a older set of Meprolights single color. they are OK but i definitely like the Truglo better with my nearly 50 eyes.
Old 01-10-2015, 16:58   #38
toughmandave

I had posted the following under a new post. Now I saw your post so here is my comment:
Just installed the Ghost EVO Elite. It comes polished but NOT ready for installation. I have a Glock model 22 Gen 4. You must read the instructions and fit the trigger connector. You must remove a portion of the end of the tab until the firearm resets. Ghost says start with 3/32nds removal. I had to remove a little at a time then reassemble and disassemble the gun 4 times before it worked properly. If you do not remove enough material at the end of the tab you probably will not be able remove the slide and most likely cannot rack the slide either. You have to move the slide backwards as far as you can and remove the firing pin by working from underneath the slide when it is still mounted on the receiver. Be extremely cautious so you don't remove to much of the material from the tab or you will ruin it. I used a Craftsman horizontal/upright bench belt grinder with a fine grit side disc. Make sure you keep the angle the same as original - FLAT all the way across the tab. Once you get the tab to the correct length, the pistol will rack just like designed. Once you get to that point disassemble the gun again and polish the area where you removed the material.

Now the good part. I shot Glock 23's in USPSA and installed every mod I could find. My current Glock 22 Gen 4 I installed a polished stock trigger bar (one of the old ones without the Gen 4 "bump") and a polished stock "minus" connector. No spring modifications. I polished the firing pin safety button and cleaned up the firing pin. I originally had a stock 6.5 lb trigger pull from the bottom of the trigger with no mods. With polishing and the minus connector and the bump less trigger bar the pull was 4.1 lbs consistently. Next I replaced the firing pin safety button with a Charlie Vanek polished button with a reduced tension spring. And with the Ghost EVO Elite my pull is now consistently at 3.1 lbs. But that's not the best part yet. The trigger pull is completely different than that of a typical Glock. The travel is similar but there is no bump in the pull. It is a completely smooth trigger pull all the way until firing. This is no doubt the best Glock trigger pull I have ever had. It far surpasses the ZEV complete trigger assy's that cost over $200.00. I have had two of them. I have also had Charlie Vanek's Ultimate kit. Shooting the Glock now is an awesome experience. If you have a Glock this new connector is worth the $30.00. I purchased the spring kit also, but I have no intention of using any of them. The gun is perfect. Good luck. This is a great product.
toughmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 17:16   #39
PlayboyPenguin

I did the Ghost 3.5lb connector also...but I coupled mine with a NY1 trigger spring. I love it.
Old 01-10-2015, 17:21   #40
toughmandave

Ghost EVO Elite Install

Duplicated entry. Deleted verbiage. Sorry

Last edited by toughmandave; 01-10-2015 at 18:45.. Reason: duplicate entry deleted verbiage
toughmandave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connector, evo elite, ghost, triggers