Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:51   #1
singularity35

Slide Glide for Glock Rails?

Will it be ok? Thanks.

Quote:
So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05   #2
G26S239
NRA Patron

It probably won't hurt. I bought a used Kahr K9 that had Slide Glide on it and it was tacky nasty stuff. I took it off and put TW25B in its place because that has worked so well on my MK9, Glocks, Sigs etc. Brian Enos site suggests the heavy stuff for Glocks.

As far as recoil dampening I don't get how a lubricant would do this without being thick enough to possibly compromise the slide's reciprocating function.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24   #3
singularity35

Thanks, I usually use the gun grease that brownell's sells(sno universal or some such name). Been using it for years. I like it because it stays where I put it. Somebody gave me some Slide Glide to try out so I thought I'd ask before trying. The Slide Glide does seem to be tackier. I really don't care about the dampening because as you say, I don't believe a lubricant can do that. Unfortunately I can't go to the range these days(election gun ban in effect) so I guess trying the Slide Glide will have to wait until June when it lifts so I can test reliability.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 03:36   #4
G26S239
NRA Patron

I just noticed that you are in Philipines. I visited Pangasinan, Baguio and Manila in October and really enjoyed it. How many gun shops do you live close to? Is getting cleaning and lubricant products for your guns easy?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:51   #5
singularity35

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
I just noticed that you are in Philipines. I visited Pangasinan, Baguio and Manila in October and really enjoyed it. How many gun shops do you live close to? Is getting cleaning and lubricant products for your guns easy?
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I live in the island next to Cebu(I hope you heard of it). There are maybe 3-4 gunstores in the small city where I live. I usually hang out in one of the gunstores where the owner is a friend and a a shooting partner. He is actually the guy who gave me the tube of slide glide. I just use kerosine and various brushes to clean with. I tried break free to clean out the lead but I find that kerosine works for me and is much cheaper.

A member here (SJ 40, thanks again :D) sent me a pack of chore boy and I use it to scrub the lead out of the barrel. Before I got the chore boy, I stopped using lead because it just took too long(too much work) to get out of the barrels. I used either FMJ's or teflon coated heads. I do use lead in my Tanfoglio MAP-1(It's called an EEA Witness there, IIRC), that I use to compete in local IPSC matches with.

Quote:

Last edited by singularity35; 02-22-2013 at 03:55..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45   #6
jhc37013

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity35 View Post
Thanks, I usually use the gun grease that brownell's sells(sno universal or some such name). Been using it for years. I like it because it stays where I put it. Somebody gave me some Slide Glide to try out so I thought I'd ask before trying. The Slide Glide does seem to be tackier. I really don't care about the dampening because as you say, I don't believe a lubricant can do that. Unfortunately I can't go to the range these days(election gun ban in effect) so I guess trying the Slide Glide will have to wait until June when it lifts so I can test reliability.
I don't mean to go off topic but can you explain how the "election gun ban works".

It almost sounds like over here in the US, a liberal tard gets elected and automatically guns are a open topic to be banned.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50   #7
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Not necessary, not any more helpful than a drop of any gun oil, but not harmful.
Quote:
Will it be ok? Thanks.

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 02-22-2013 at 06:51..
Bill Lumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:49   #8
singularity35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
I don't mean to go off topic but can you explain how the "election gun ban works".

It almost sounds like over here in the US, a liberal tard gets elected and automatically guns are a open topic to be banned.
Well, there's an election in May this year. Some senate seats, congress, and a whole mess of local positions that these clowns will vie for. An election period is declared where clowns put on their show.

An election gun ban suspends all legal carry and transport of firearms by all private citizens. Of course only the law abiding citizens will follow this "gun and other dangerous weapons ban". Additionally, influential persons can get an "exemption from the gun ban" from the proper regulating agency.

The gun ban takes effect 1 month before election period starts and ends 15 days after the election. The election period usually lasts for 4 months prior to elections.

Each time there's an election gun ban, anti gunners call for the ban to be permanent. National police also manufacture and pull out statistics from their a******s saying that gun crime is reduced by half or more(always shown to be false by a running total of gun crimes picked out by concerned citizens from newspaper articles during the period and compiled by a national group).

98 percent of gun crime in the Philippines is committed by unlicensed or homemade firearms. Police refuse to make the distinction between legal firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens and the loose(unlicensed) firearms in the hands of the criminal elements when talking about gun control.

Quote:

Last edited by singularity35; 02-22-2013 at 08:51..
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05   #9
up1911fan

Slide Glide is good stuff. However I haven't used anything other than SliP2000 on any of my guns in almost 2 years.
up1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22   #10
singularity35

Thanks for the feedback guys. If it wasn't for the durn gun ban, I would have tried the stuff at the range already and wouldn't have posted this thread. :D

Quote:
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00   #11
SJ 40

Quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I live in the island next to Cebu(I hope you heard of it). There are maybe 3-4 gunstores in the small city where I live. I usually hang out in one of the gunstores where the owner is a friend and a a shooting partner. He is actually the guy who gave me the tube of slide glide. I just use kerosine and various brushes to clean with. I tried break free to clean out the lead but I find that kerosine works for me and is much cheaper.

A member here (SJ 40, thanks again :D) sent me a pack of chore boy and I use it to scrub the lead out of the barrel. Before I got the chore boy, I stopped using lead because it just took too long(too much work) to get out of the barrels. I used either FMJ's or teflon coated heads. I do use lead in my Tanfoglio MAP-1(It's called an EEA Witness there, IIRC), that I use to compete in local IPSC matches with.
Glad the Chore Boys did the trick for you,when you need more in the future give me a shout. First time I had ever mailed anything to the Philippines and postage was more reasonable than I would have thought,3.87 from Vermont to the Philippines.
SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17   #12
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Well, there's an election in May this year. Some senate seats, congress, and a whole mess of local positions that these clowns will vie for. An election period is declared where clowns put on their show.

An election gun ban suspends all legal carry and transport of firearms by all private citizens. Of course only the law abiding citizens will follow this "gun and other dangerous weapons ban". Additionally, influential persons can get an "exemption from the gun ban" from the proper regulating agency.

The gun ban takes effect 1 month before election period starts and ends 15 days after the election. The election period usually lasts for 4 months prior to elections.

Each time there's an election gun ban, anti gunners call for the ban to be permanent. National police also manufacture and pull out statistics from their a******s saying that gun crime is reduced by half or more(always shown to be false by a running total of gun crimes picked out by concerned citizens from newspaper articles during the period and compiled by a national group).

98 percent of gun crime in the Philippines is committed by unlicensed or homemade firearms. Police refuse to make the distinction between legal firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens and the loose(unlicensed) firearms in the hands of the criminal elements when talking about gun control.
Anti gun knuckle heads seem to think(?) alike no matter where you are.
Old 02-22-2013, 13:35   #13
buckshotshorty2

I use Slide Glide on all my pistol rails. Works good and stays in place. I live in Florida so I use the thicker stuff.
buckshotshorty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 14:08   #14
HEXE9
Shootin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotshorty2 View Post
I use Slide Glide on all my pistol rails. Works good and stays in place.
+1

Having been shooting competitively since 1986-87, I'm always trying different products.

Since trying Slide-Glide years ago, it has been my go to lube. Once you try it, you'll know why.

Amazing stuff!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42   #15
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

No better or worse than any commonly available lube. Definitely not harmful.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote