Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:02   #21
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid noob View Post
Do you Glock guys still carry c1 with the remora?
Without question, yes.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17   #22
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Good generic holsters can be excellent value for money. Remora and SmartCarry come into mind in this respect. I stopped buying gun specific IWB holsters after getting a Remora.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44   #23
Toetag
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Without question, yes.
Yeppers...me too.
Old 02-27-2013, 21:28   #24
I'M Glockamolie

I was skeptical, but purchased one after seeing so many positive reviews. All I can say is the only upsetting thing is the money I've spent on holsters and belts all these years. For my particular clothing and lifestyle, I have little reason for anything else. Talk about keepin' it simple.
Old 02-28-2013, 14:21   #25
SCmasterblaster

I carry C1 in my Bianchi 4/4L.
Old 02-28-2013, 18:30   #26
G27GenFour
American

Great info, all, and I've been really wanting to find/get a Remora for my 27, but I can't find them anywhere. Should have ordered on on-line, I suppose. But I do see the Sticky brand locally, and I was wondering if anyone has any comparisons of Remoras to Sticky holsters. Basically the same thing?
G27GenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 19:50   #27
Droid noob

Quote:
Without question, yes.
I've tried to see if the trigger could be pulled to no avail. I've always had some form of kydex holster before the remora though. Just have to mentally get used to it.
Droid noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 20:14   #28
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

G27 I think they are about the same thing. Just order online, they get it to you in a few days tops.

Droid, you are going to fall in love with it. I even sold my barber on it today.
Old 02-28-2013, 20:51   #29
G27GenFour
American

Quote:
G27 I think they are about the same thing. Just order online, they get it to you in a few days tops.

Droid, you are going to fall in love with it. I even sold my barber on it today.
I believe I will, sir! Too many great comments about these for me to doubt 'em... Thanks.

Last edited by G27GenFour; 02-28-2013 at 21:19..
G27GenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 15:07   #30
SCmasterblaster

Have you thought to CCW with a G27?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31   #31
ExNavyInHouston
PashnOfTheGlock

Send a message via AIM to ExNavyInHouston Send a message via Yahoo to ExNavyInHouston

I need you guys with Remoras to help me make sure I am thinking this out properly. I notice they make a type "RFT" - designed to not collapse.

I'm thinking all I need is the original design because I'll only be using this is as a conceal carry holster. I won't be taking courses, or competing with it, so it will be for only using "in case of an emergency" ... so after a dramatic moment such as that, the concern for getting the gun back in the holster in a quick way won't be an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of an RFT, but as with everything there must be a trade off of a little more thickness. If someone says it's pretty much the same thickness as the Original I might opt for the RFT.

I'm just trying to find the best holster that will help me carry more often in more situations. I carry at 1 o'clock and love the idea I can wear this higher in the waist, meaning I can wear one of my longer guns up front.

Living in Texas, I'm in cargo shorts most of the year, so when I decided to make the switch to up front carry suddenly my 19 and 26 were too long. I then went to a Kahr PM9, and ended up with a Rohrbaugh 9. It was the only 9 I could wear that didn't stab me when sitting or driving.

I'll buy one for my 26, and if I like that then I'll get one for my 36.

I just learned of this holster last night and I've been reading reviews, watching videos (who doesn't love the lady wearing one in a bikini) and I'm really hopeful.

My main goal for this post is too not buy more engineering than I need for my application.
ExNavyInHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59   #32
1canvas

the original has worked well for me. I'm not worried about reholstering. with this type of holster I would pull it out anyway to reholster even if it had a reinforced opening.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50   #33
ExNavyInHouston
PashnOfTheGlock

Send a message via AIM to ExNavyInHouston Send a message via Yahoo to ExNavyInHouston

Thanks 1canvas. That's my thinking too.

I just wrote them and asked if they found people who carry in front tend to like the Sweat Shield version more.

My thinking is even though am not sporting a large stomach, I am nearly 50 and there's no six pack there either - maybe the SS would help as the rear of the slide is bound to press into when sitting and driving.

Maybe I am over thinking this, so if anyone here also carries in front could chime in, I would appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53   #34
glowrod
Fightin' Fire

I too went with the original although I added the sweat shield to it for my 23. Will be ordering the same style for my PPS. I personally can manage to reholster with minimal manipulation. I am more concerned about ease of draw which is no problem.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:11   #35
1canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNavyInHouston View Post
Thanks 1canvas. That's my thinking too.

I just wrote them and asked if they found people who carry in front tend to like the Sweat Shield version more.

My thinking is even though am not sporting a large stomach, I am nearly 50 and there's no six pack there either - maybe the SS would help as the rear of the slide is bound to press into when sitting and driving.

Maybe I am over thinking this, so if anyone here also carries in front could chime in, I would appreciate it.
if I was carrying in the front I would get a SS.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25   #36
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNavyInHouston View Post

I carry all of my guns appendix with a Remora Holster.

I often don't use a seat belt.

I have to admit it worries me a bit if I was in a accident with a belt on or not. Hate to damage the gun with the steering wheel or belt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35   #37
1canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
I carry all of my guns appendix with a Remora Holster.

I often don't use a seat belt.

I have to admit it worries me a bit if I was in a accident with a belt on or not. Hate to damage the gun with the steering wheel or belt.

you carry a gun for protection but no seat belt. you are much more likely to get hurt or killed in the car without a belt on than in a shoot out.
Old 03-06-2013, 13:02   #38
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

You don't need the reinforced top. As others have said, reholstering is not what you have to worry about. I may get the Sweat Shield model for summer carry so the grip and hammer don't dig into me if against my skin. I like the ART model for a better grip purchase.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18   #39
ExNavyInHouston
PashnOfTheGlock

Thanks for the input ... I'm going to start out with the G26 holster.

Here's the "edited" email I got back from Alan about his experience and suggestions for appendix carry. Plus, he discusses the "new" Full Sweat Shield:

Quote:
Hi "ExNavy"

Thank you for inquiring your business is very much appreciated. The holster for the S.C. Glock 26 is the #6 GART. The sweat shield does soften the carry on all these holsters (I had asked about other guns too).

I use the sweat shield or full sweat shield with all my carry guns. The full sweat shield really takes care of any aggresive grips.

The sweat shield would be a great for your 1 o'clock carry position.

I do suggest this in the original non-reinforced top no-clip holster. The softest and most comfortable.

The FS (Full Sweat Shield) style is our latest sweat shield holster and our most comfortable it feels like you have put your wallet in your waist band.

Un-holstering with this style is just a matter of getting your thumb between the holster and the gun instead of your body.

In which the denier is slicker than the body and the flexable foam allows your thumb to glide behind the grip and get a good master grip on the handgun.

Keep Safe !

Alan

Last edited by ExNavyInHouston; 03-07-2013 at 08:18..
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09   #40
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1canvas View Post
you carry a gun for protection but no seat belt. you are much more likely to get hurt or killed in the car without a belt on than in a shoot out.
Good advice!