Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 19:56   #51
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
Had a junkie running around with a Medicalert bracelet saying he was "allergic to narcan." He wasn't and we'd draw straws to see who got to give the iv dose, watch him turn from blue to pink, rip out the iv and run out the door. Hard to get better entertainment than that!

A truly jaded ER nurse no longer rolls their eyes when a patient says "I have no idea how that got in there!" Vegetables seem to be the most common. Helped a guy deliver a foot long cucumber once.
I'll never figure out light bulbs. You like putting things in your butt, sure, whatever. Fragile things made of glass and shaped in a way that makes removing them a very... delicate proposition? That I don't get.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 19:59   #52
Gray_Rider

Omologato, they don't seem to realise you go to work every day for your hard earned scratch too....You don't find your money under a dock leaf. You still earn your money the old fashoned way. You EARN it!

I'm no fan of the Gestap I mean the IRS, but I'm glad you punish the guilty where needed.

Gray_Rider
Old 02-21-2013, 20:04   #53

Haggling with people who have no clue what they are selling/buying much less what they are doing.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:10   #54
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Please keep this on topic, I don't want political issues. If you have a problem with taxes, please read what I do and don't assume I screw people's lives.

Edit: Here is what my position handles.

I would like to provide clarification as I don't take an individual's taxes, I take what an employer stole from you. They steal from Peter to pay Paul.

How would you like paying your mortgage and the clerk instead of applying your payment to your account, he applies it to his? The investigators of that bank internally investigate and take it, from theclerks account. then reapply it to your mortgage and undo the penalties assessed to you for something that was an embezzler's fault. I help to rectify the situation, not screw someone's life.

I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

/edit

Does anyone else sometimes enjoy the ability you have to express power over others or, "stick it," to individuals or entities?

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "

I find the businesses or peoples who take their empploees' money and don't send it to the government for said employees' tax returns. Those monies are trust funds and as such, the employer should respect their employees. I enjoy garnishing the individuals who don't pay on their employees behalf. Now, with the recent 2A haters coming out of the closet, I have another group to enjoy nailing. Mind you, all of my taxpayers receive the same service, warnings, and assistance with insuring compliance in filing correctly, I feel ecstatic from forced compliance.

Share your experiences, or call me a bad person for helping individuals get their withholding for their personal income tax filings. You can also mention the Beatle's song, I won't be offended.

Rogue Nation
Quit and get a real job. One that doesn't involve the need to post incomprehensible rants on internet boards.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 20:29   #55
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

I help naive young girls from the Midwest become movie stars in Hollywood, if they are nice to the right people.

It's kinda fun to decline their resignations.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:35   #56
devildog2067

Quote:
Having my own business, it is incredibly easy for my boxes to be checked the same as yours, and my paying taxes on my own derived income.
I see... does that mean you are then a contractor, rather than a government employee?

Just curious, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
I understand your assumption on net tax, but money I earn is money I earn.
I'm not arguing the point. I've been a government employee as well, more than once, and government employees deserve paychecks. They perform necessary services (even you, the taxman).

The point is simply that when a government employee says "well, I pay my taxes" it's not that simple. Government employees don't contribute tax dollars which go to pay for government functions. They can't. It's mathematically impossible.

Quote:
Don't pretend the roads you drive on aren't provided by the tax dollars along with the many other services your government provides to you.
Where did I even begin to pretend that? This has been an odd thread for people trying to put words in my mouth. In fact, that's the opposite of what I said. Here are my words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067
More to the point, the taxes I pay (as a privately employed citizen) get used by the government to fund its activities. That's what taxes are for.
I know what tax dollars are supposed to be used for (the fact that so many of them are misspent is a topic for another thread). I don't have a problem with those dollars paying for roads or cops or even taxmen, I just am intellectually honest about the difference between a salary that derives from created wealth and a salary that comes from taxation.

Quote:
I'm sorry you envy government employees.
I don't envy them at all. I've been a government employee, more than once (and like you point out at the end, my salary as a government employee was less than my tax liability as a private employee). I've been a scientist paid by the government and a Marine paid by the government, and in both cases I felt my service was valuable, as you evidently do. That's totally fine. There are many people in government who do good, necessary work, and it's fine for them to take pride in it.

Quote:
You're right. I enjoy helping people like you, individuals who are employees in the private sector, get their money.
That's not at all what you started the thread with. You said:

Quote:
In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls
You stated that you take "sadistic pleasures." That's a different statement than saying you "take pride in doing your job well" or "enjoy a job well done." The clear implication is that you simply like being nasty to people.

Quote:
P.S. Your tax liability is more than I make in a year. Count your blessings and stop harassing people in the service industry.
"Harassing" people? What did you think would come of this thread, exactly? You're the one who PM'ed me and demanded that I "Come back and rebuttle." If you don't want people to respond to what you have to say, don't post it on GlockTalk.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:46   #57
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I'll never figure out light bulbs. You like putting things in your butt, sure, whatever. Fragile things made of glass and shaped in a way that makes removing them a very... delicate proposition? That I don't get.
We had one in the ER years back with a yam. He actually said, "I was gardening and I slipped." A few days later I was in the medstaff lounge and someone had placed a Post-It note on the fridge that said, "Anyone see my yam?" HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 21:51   #58
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
We had one in the ER years back with a yam. He actually said, "I was gardening and I slipped." A few days later I was in the medstaff lounge and someone had placed a Post-It note on the fridge that said, "Anyone see my yam?" HH
I've heard the "I slipped and fell on it" several times. I ask if the slipped so hard their pants fell off and their astroglide fell out of the pocket.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 17:41   #59
Glockworks
Ready/Aim/Fire

Quote:
I'm in forced compliance. My crap wages, home loan interest, and children help my deductions the same as any other filer. Just because my paycheck comes from govt payroll doesn't mean I get any breaks. The statement makes as much sense as saying a gas attendant gets cheaper gas than everyone else.

I honestly hate my job, but I feel somewhat justified as I'm collecting individuals taxes that their employer took from them as ordinary procedure for their payroll and paycheck issuance, then didn't send it in. This makes a sticky situation when the employee files and doesn't get their credit for the money taken out.
The business is taking from Peter and his cohorts to pay Paul.
And no, I wouldn't take joy in negative connotations, thus this response.
P.S. Thank you for replying.

Rogue Nation
People, often have a very wide brush when talking/painting bad things about entities that they know little about but think they know it all. Entities such as cops, government workers, lawyers, etc..
Old 02-22-2013, 18:36   #60
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I've heard the "I slipped and fell on it" several times. I ask if the slipped so hard their pants fell off and their astroglide fell out of the pocket.
Lately we've got "I went to a party last night, had a few drinks, and woke up this morning really soar."

Had a doc almost die laughing. Inserted an anascope shined a light in there, and there was another flashlight looking back at him! For weeks we had to hear him cracking up about finding the missing miners, or the light at the end of the tunnel being a train.....

Actually he didn't almost die laughing, we almost killed him!

Last edited by Paul53; 02-22-2013 at 18:41..
Paul53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 18:53   #61
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Rectal foreign bodies have nothing on urethral FB's. Who shoves things into their junk?
Old 02-22-2013, 19:22   #62
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX OMFS View Post
Rectal foreign bodies have nothing on urethral FB's. Who shoves things into their junk?
Saw a kid who had his girlfriend insert the radio antennae off his car all the way. It was the old long piece of steel with a little ball on the top. Came to the ER worrying they might have done some damage. Clean urine, couldn't find any damage. Sweet little couple.

Can't think of any others off hand.

Paul53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 19:32   #63
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Lately we've got "I went to a party last night, had a few drinks, and woke up this morning really soar."
That can happen when the offending object is a glider fuselage. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 20:03   #64
OrangePwr9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
That can happen when the offending object is a glider fuselage. HH
And another boisterous, entertaining, sometimes confused, but informative thread jumps the tracks and heads cross-country in a cloud of dust...
OrangePwr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:01   #65
Doc Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
where to begin...? some nights it's good to be an ER nurse.

i drink. A LOT. and yet i never wind up tied to an ER bed drunk, cussing, hollering, spitting, and slinging blood. needles come in many sizes. and i have a whole box of em. go ahead and writhe about in the bed while i'm trying to start an IV. i won't run out of needles.

oh, you won't provide a urine sample? you realize you're Baker Acted and don't have a right to refuse? i'll be back with the urology cart. looky, seems catheters come in all sizes too.
One ER nurse to another, you speak da troof! So sick of arrogant, entitled, swine coming in for bs reasons.
#5 PA Glockers
Doc Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:51   #66
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
I truly enjoy refusing age restricted products to people without ID or expired ID. I don't care if you are 30. You need ID. And for that matter, I hope you get pulled over without it on the way home.

But even more than that, I LOVE shutting down people with EBT cards. Cause the system is down, they don't have enough money or even better. They defaced their cards. I get sworn at for the last one. But the more they yell and scream. The happier I am for the rest of the day.
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:57   #67
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Does anyone else sometimes enjoy the ability you have to express power over others or, "stick it," to individuals or entities?

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "

I find the businesses or peoples who take their empploees' money and don't send it to the government for said employees' tax returns. Those monies are trust funds and as such, the employer should respect their employees. I enjoy garnishing the individuals who don't pay on their employees behalf. Now, with the recent 2A haters coming out of the closet, I have another group to enjoy nailing. Mind you, all of my taxpayers receive the same service, warnings, and assistance with insuring compliance in filing correctly, I feel ecstatic from forced compliance.

Share your experiences, or call me a bad person for helping individuals get their withholding for their personal income tax filings. You can also mention the Beatle's song, I won't be offended.

Please keep this on topic, I don't want political issues. If you have a problem with taxes, please read what I do and don't assume I screw people's lives.

Edit: Here is what my position handles.

I would like to provide clarification as I don't take an individual's taxes, I take what an employer stole from you. They steal from Peter to pay Paul.

How would you like paying your mortgage and the clerk instead of applying your payment to your account, he applies it to his? The investigators of that bank internally investigate and take it, from theclerks account. then reapply it to your mortgage and undo the penalties assessed to you for something that was an embezzler's fault. I help to rectify the situation, not screw someone's life.

I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

/edit

Rogue Nation
I looked over this post twice, and frankly, I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 22:38   #68
nursetim

Quote:
Had a junkie running around with a Medicalert bracelet saying he was "allergic to narcan." He wasn't and we'd draw straws to see who got to give the iv dose, watch him turn from blue to pink, angry look on his face, rip out the iv and run out the door. Hard to get better entertainment than that!

A truly jaded ER nurse no longer rolls their eyes when a patient says "I have no idea how that got in there!" Vegetables seem to be the most common. Helped a guy deliver a foot long cucumber once.
Crappy job.
Old 02-22-2013, 22:55   #69
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
where to begin...? some nights it's good to be an ER nurse.

i drink. A LOT. and yet i never wind up tied to an ER bed drunk, cussing, hollering, spitting, and slinging blood. needles come in many sizes. and i have a whole box of em. go ahead and writhe about in the bed while i'm trying to start an IV. i won't run out of needles.

oh, you won't provide a urine sample? you realize you're Baker Acted and don't have a right to refuse? i'll be back with the urology cart. looky, seems catheters come in all sizes too.

Your apparent professionalism and complete lack of compassion is appalling. Since you "location" is stated as "geriatric paradise," I can't imagine how poorly you may treat elderly Parkinson's patients and other condition which often include dementia, for example.

Either you are just joining in with 'gallows humour', or you are just one sick SOB.
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 23:20   #70
G23Gen4TX

I teach martial arts for a living. Muay Thai and BJJ.

Every once in a while we will have that "know it all thinks he's a tough guy" walk into the gym to try a class. Then in Jiu-Jitsu he will be spazzing all over and hitting you poking you in the eyes etc.

My pleasure is not to choke them or arm bar them. I love to just place my weight correctly on top so they can't breath. Nothing like seeing a 250lbs muscle head asking you to stop cause they can't breath. Lol
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:47   #71
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
There were a million little justices back when I worked as an EMT in college.

Fake passing out? OK, let's just sniff a little Vitamin A. I had a few that were stronger willed than I thought, but they all came around.

Spitting? OK, I'll just TAPE the NRB mask to your face. They won't care at the hospital.

My absolute favorite at that job was when one particularly overwhelmed hospital in the heart of the ghetto had no choice but to eventually triage non-serious [ambulance transported] patients into the waiting room since so many used the ambulance to avoid the long waits when they had BS complaints. What did they care? Medicaid was picking up all the tabs anyway. Seeing their face as we'd unstrap and set them into a waiting room chair was my favorite ever little justice.
The funniest thing I ever saw working in a hospital (I did ER registration) was a man who got mad because his wait was too long. He complained a while about his wait then decided to call 911 for chest pain. The ambulance rolls up to the ER entrance, they load him up and drive him around to the ambulance bay. Triage nurse looks at him and bumped him back down to last in line to get in. Medics then rolled him right out to the waiting room and unloaded him into the chair they just had picked him up from.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00   #72
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWide View Post
Sadistic pleasure at work - doing what the boss told me to do

Are you sure that's what you want me to do?
Isn't this one of the classics?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30   #73
Smoker

I drive a bus on a college campus, need I explain???
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:36   #74
FPS

I have zero sadistic pleasures at work. A good day for me is when everyone is happy and things are going smoothly.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:56   #75
slathrum

Send a message via Yahoo to slathrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post

Your apparent professionalism and complete lack of compassion is appalling. Since you "location" is stated as "geriatric paradise," I can't imagine how poorly you may treat elderly Parkinson's patients and other condition which often include dementia, for example.

Either you are just joining in with 'gallows humour', or you are just one sick SOB.
That's rich. What's the matter? Found out the hard way that the above behavior will get you tied to a bed? I'm with the Narcan crowd. It's just plain fun. If you haven't seen "Bringing Out the Dead," check it out. The scene where Jesus brings back the drug addict explains it all.

Last edited by slathrum; 02-23-2013 at 06:58..
slathrum is offline   Reply With Quote