Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:26   #1
Omologato

Sadistic Pleasures You Get at Work

Does anyone else sometimes enjoy the ability you have to express power over others or, "stick it," to individuals or entities?

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "

I find the businesses or peoples who take their empploees' money and don't send it to the government for said employees' tax returns. Those monies are trust funds and as such, the employer should respect their employees. I enjoy garnishing the individuals who don't pay on their employees behalf. Now, with the recent 2A haters coming out of the closet, I have another group to enjoy nailing. Mind you, all of my taxpayers receive the same service, warnings, and assistance with insuring compliance in filing correctly, I feel ecstatic from forced compliance.

Share your experiences, or call me a bad person for helping individuals get their withholding for their personal income tax filings. You can also mention the Beatle's song, I won't be offended.

Please keep this on topic, I don't want political issues. If you have a problem with taxes, please read what I do and don't assume I screw people's lives.

Edit: Here is what my position handles.

I would like to provide clarification as I don't take an individual's taxes, I take what an employer stole from you. They steal from Peter to pay Paul.

How would you like paying your mortgage and the clerk instead of applying your payment to your account, he applies it to his? The investigators of that bank internally investigate and take it, from theclerks account. then reapply it to your mortgage and undo the penalties assessed to you for something that was an embezzler's fault. I help to rectify the situation, not screw someone's life.

I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

/edit

Rogue Nation

Last edited by Omologato; 02-21-2013 at 21:09..
Omologato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33   #2
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

My sadistic pleasure is utterly destroying the fantasies of these young liberal minds. Reality is painful but once you accept that it's easier to live within the realm of reality.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54   #3
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Does anyone else sometimes enjoy the ability you have to express power over others or, "stick it," to individuals or entities?

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls
Sounds like you're a great fit for the job of the taxman.

Taxes are a necessary evil, but the fact that you enjoy the job makes you... well I won't call you any names since you'll probably enjoy it.

Quote:
and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "
If you work for the government, you don't actually pay any taxes.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12   #4
4095fanatic

As a paramedic: When I have a patient become violent (not due to a medical condition), I especially love watching the police haul them off... instead of spending a night in a hospital they get to spend it in lockup. If the patient has a medical condition which makes them not responsible for their actions I've viewed taking hits as part of the job, but I find it morally offensive when someone of sound mind thinks it's ok to take a swing at a medical professional trying to help them.

As a firefighter... well, our friends in blue (law enforcement) have pulled over or ticketed/towed any number of vehicles impeding emergency responses, blocking fire hydrants/lanes, etc. The general public seems to view it as "harmless" until it's one of their loved ones in an emergency situation.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:18   #5
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Quote:

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "

I find the businesses or peoples who take their empploees' money and don't send it to the government for said employees' tax returns. Those monies are trust funds and as such, the employer should respect their employees. I enjoy garnishing the individuals who don't pay on their employees behalf. Now, with the recent 2A haters coming out of the closet, I have another group to enjoy nailing. Mind you, all of my taxpayers receive the same service, warnings, and assistance with insuring compliance in filing correctly, I feel ecstatic from forced compliance.

Share your experiences, or call me a bad person for helping individuals get their withholding for their personal income tax filings. You can also mention the Beatle's song, I won't be offended.

Rogue Nation
So, I take it you are an IRS agent?

My opinion of people who work for the IRS could not be lower. Cogs in the wheels of my enslavement, gleefully digging into my business to confiscate ever-increasing portions of what is mine for their squandering masters, all the while claiming "I'm just doing my job." And, your post reinforces my opinion.

Last edited by F14Scott; 02-21-2013 at 12:19..
F14Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19   #6
All Pro Sports Hero
Glock Star

My sadistic workplace pleasure is messing around in the restroom. Like dumping a full bladder on the floor, or covering the auto toilet flush sensor with post-it notes so my product remains for all to enjoy. It's the little things that get us through a day.
All Pro Sports Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21   #7
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

We make our boss turn red in the face in meetings and raise his voice.

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28   #8
Omologato

I'm in forced compliance. My crap wages, home loan interest, and children help my deductions the same as any other filer. Just because my paycheck comes from govt payroll doesn't mean I get any breaks. The statement makes as much sense as saying a gas attendant gets cheaper gas than everyone else.

I honestly hate my job, but I feel somewhat justified as I'm collecting individuals taxes that their employer took from them as ordinary procedure for their payroll and paycheck issuance, then didn't send it in. This makes a sticky situation when the employee files and doesn't get their credit for the money taken out.
The business is taking from Peter and his cohorts to pay Paul.
And no, I wouldn't take joy in negative connotations, thus this response.
P.S. Thank you for replying.

Rogue Nation

Last edited by Omologato; 02-21-2013 at 12:52..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31   #9
Omologato

Quote:
Originally Posted by F14Scott View Post
So, I take it you are an IRS agent?

My opinion of people who work for the IRS could not be lower. Cogs in the wheels of my enslavement, gleefully digging into my business to confiscate ever-increasing portions of what is mine for their squandering masters, all the while claiming "I'm just doing my job." And, your post reinforces my opinion.
State agent. I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

Rogue Nation

Last edited by Omologato; 02-21-2013 at 12:31..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33   #10
SCGlock26

Quote:
State agent. I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

Rogue Nation
As an employer we should never have been put in the business of tax collector for any government agency.

If the .gov had to collect taxes from the people directly we would not be in the sad shape we are in today.

The people would have revolted long ago.
SCGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37   #11
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

I take random people off the street and tip them upside down for investment money. This whole "debit card" thing is killing my business.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39   #12
Omologato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGlock26 View Post
As an employer we should never have been put in the business of tax collector for any government agency.

If the .gov had to collect taxes from the people directly we would not be in the sad shape we are in today.

I agree wholly. Employers have to hire either a costly CPA, accountant, and full time payroll person to manage it because the government passes the buck while you, the business owner are stuck with the tab.

Rogue Nation
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41   #13
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGlock26 View Post

If people had to cut the IRS a big check every year instead of looking the big refund check that they look forward to all year long, things would be different. A lot more people would think twice about voting for anybody who promises his supporters "free" stuff from the government.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41   #14
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Narcan.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42   #15
devildog2067

Quote:
I'm in forced compliance.
So you work for the government.

Once again, taxes are a necessary evil, but there are words for people who enjoy causing hardship to others and they are not nice ones.

Quote:
My crap wages, home loan interest, and children help my deductions the same as any other filer.
The idea that a government worker paid from tax revenues pays net taxes is like thinking you can make a pool deeper by scooping water out of the shallow end and pouring it in the deep end.

Quote:
I honestly hate my job
So do the world a favor and quit.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54   #16
HollowHead
Firm member

I waited tables in college and took great delight when an obnoxious diner's card declined. It was fun to announce it loudly back at the table. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:01   #17
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Violating Civil Rights.

Just does it for me.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:06   #18
G23c

I really like my work.
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:09   #19
huskerbuttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Narcan.
huskerbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:41   #20
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
Violating Civil Rights.

Just does it for me.
This.

I have a list I try and work through everyday, but with so many other opportunities that present themselves, I rarely have to to follow through. Gotta take those chances when ya can, right?
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:43   #21
Omologato

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
I waited tables in college and took great delight when an obnoxious diner's card declined. It was fun to announce it loudly back at the table. HH
You win. It's still sanitary and part of the job!

Rogue Nation
Old 02-21-2013, 14:12   #22
M2 Carbine

I flew for a living. Mostly instructing airplanes and helicopters and flying helicopters hundreds of miles out over the Gulf of Mexico.

No matter how much we pilots like to say how safe flying is, the fact is you are in a very complicated machine piloted sometimes by pilots that graduated at the bottom of the flight school class, flying sometimes in terrible weather that will easily kill you. (I can't count all the dead pilots I know of)

Usually when a passenger was scared I'd try to comfort them by telling them such as they are safer in the helicopter than in their family car, etc.
But sometimes I wasn't in the mood to hear the "I'm scared" stuff.

Years ago on one such morning at Galveston Texas, at Sunup, I was refueling my helicopter for a couple hundred mile trip off shore. I was tired.

A passenger came up to me and said, "I don't like this s***!

I said, "Just what s*** don't you like?"

He said, "I don't like this flying s***. It scares me".

I said, "Don't worry about it. Being scared just shows good sense. I have over 10,000 hours flying helicopters and this s*** scares me to".

The guy went to his car and drove away.
M2 Carbine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:29   #23
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
Sound to me that you fit right in with the IRS. Ive lived in countries at the wrong end of an AK47 where the government there had more scruples than how the IRS works here
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:42   #24
Jeffrey Lebowski
Not a golfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
As a paramedic: When I have a patient become violent (not due to a medical condition), I especially love watching the police haul them off... instead of spending a night in a hospital they get to spend it in lockup. If the patient has a medical condition which makes them not responsible for their actions I've viewed taking hits as part of the job, but I find it morally offensive when someone of sound mind thinks it's ok to take a swing at a medical professional trying to help them.
There were a million little justices back when I worked as an EMT in college.

Fake passing out? OK, let's just sniff a little Vitamin A. I had a few that were stronger willed than I thought, but they all came around.

Spitting? OK, I'll just TAPE the NRB mask to your face. They won't care at the hospital.

My absolute favorite at that job was when one particularly overwhelmed hospital in the heart of the ghetto had no choice but to eventually triage non-serious [ambulance transported] patients into the waiting room since so many used the ambulance to avoid the long waits when they had BS complaints. What did they care? Medicaid was picking up all the tabs anyway. Seeing their face as we'd unstrap and set them into a waiting room chair was my favorite ever little justice.
Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 15:00   #25
2@low8

I work at a bank

I work at a bank so I get all kinds of guilty pleasure from messing with people. Today, for instance, some woman gets all ranting and raving about her ATM card being captured by the machine. She ends up with the county sheriff trespassing and her account closed (all 58 bucks).

Lady who has a hundred insufficient checks comes by and wants some money early - to buy medicine for her child. Actually, to by Meth for herself. Sorry, there's a hold on your account. No money till tomorrow.

Lady comes in all freaked out, cussing out my tellers. Made her go apologize in front of everyone in the lobby or I would not let her complete the transaction. Reluctantly, she did.

It goes on each day.......