Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2013, 17:47   #1
nako69
Nako69

Think Glock30s thin slide on Gaps ! WoW !

I think that would bring the Gap into it's true own would fit the glock26/27 holsters very easy or glock 19/23 holsters and with the thin slide it should have came with anyway...glock could have done it as with the glock 36 in 45acp ...does anyone think there is a chance it will happen??? I love my little fat slided 39 as is but if it were on a diet and became just as small as my 26 9mm on ...life would be even better. Any thought on this ??
Bull Dawg #90
Glock 39 .45 G.A.P. "Baby Gap" also Glock 26, 30SF, 36
"IT'S BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY TWELVE THAN CARRIED BY SIX"
nako69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 17:58   #2
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

The 45gap frame / mag will not accommodate the 45acp cartridge of the 30S/36 slide.

Last edited by samurairabbi; 02-26-2013 at 17:59..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 19:58   #3
Slug71

Best bet would be to get a G19 slide and take it to a machine shop that can open the hole for the barrel.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:44   #4
wacopolumbo

It's just my opinion, but I think one of the reasons the GAP pistols shoot so well is because of their heavier slides. Once you get used to it, you don't even notice the slightly wider slide. Also, all of the GAP pistols have rounded edges on the slides, like a "carry de-horn." There are benifits of the thicker slide. Also, it's no wider than the frame.

Learning from my mistakes since 1974
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 14:42   #5
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Best bet would be to get a G19 slide and take it to a machine shop that can open the hole for the barrel.
I got on this same kick a couple weeks ago. It's more than just the hole for the barrel. Standard sized slide (9/357/40) is too narrow for a 45 barrel. You'd still have to mill about a mm off the inside of each side of the slide.

That said, if they can do it for the 36 and 30S, they can do it for the GAP!

I wonder if LWD would customize something like that and for what price?
Luke 22:36 He said to them, ď... if you donít have a Glock, sell your cloak and buy one."

NRA, GSSF, IDPA, NY voter.
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 20:21   #6
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Post
I got on this same kick a couple weeks ago. It's more than just the hole for the barrel. Standard sized slide (9/357/40) is too narrow for a 45 barrel. You'd still have to mill about a mm off the inside of each side of the slide.

That said, if they can do it for the 36 and 30S, they can do it for the GAP!

I wonder if LWD would customize something like that and for what price?
Oh crap, I didn't even think about that. Don't see why a machine shop couldn't do that either though. Would probably have to be a precision machine shop though.

LWD might if do something like that too. Fairly certain it would have to be a group-buy type deal though. Guessing it would be around the same price as their current slide offering or maybe a little more. Even if it costs around the $300 mark, that's probably what you'll spend getting a G19 slide, taking it to the machine shop and getting the GAP barrel. At least.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44   #7
fasteddie565
Combat Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nako69 View Post
I think that would bring the Gap into it's true own would fit the glock26/27 holsters very easy or glock 19/23 holsters and with the thin slide it should have came with anyway...glock could have done it as with the glock 36 in 45acp ...does anyone think there is a chance it will happen??? I love my little fat slided 39 as is but if it were on a diet and became just as small as my 26 9mm on ...life would be even better. Any thought on this ??
First, I love my GAP pistols.

Second, they can barely give them away as it is.

Third, from a business perspective, the only people that would buy these are probably going to read this thread.

I am unsure of the Holster issue. I find that both the 45 ACP series as well as the 9/40/357 series holsters fit my GAPs, some with a bit of a modification, but none the less a good fit.