Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:39   #1
Phases

Got a belt / IWB Holster to recommend?

I've been frequenting our two main shops now for a few weeks trying to find a decent belt and IWB holster for my Glock 30, and Glock 27.

Finally one of them got a cheap IWB leather holster for a Glock XX which "fits the 30 fine" as they said.

All the waiting and looking I've done, at 29 bucks after tax I said screw it I'll grab it to try in the meantime while I look around.

I don't much like it, but I know part of that comes from the 30 itself. As expected, the 27 does feel a bit better in it, I image would feel great in a holster meant for it. But I'd rather carry the 30..

It conceals the best in the front but then I can't sit down. So on the side is fine. I can sit fine. But I wish I could tilt/cant the gun a little to hide the crease a bit more when i twist.

Anyway, anyone have any good recommendations? Small/thin as possible but most comfort, tillable, or whatever. Leather or hard plastic.

I'm open to all..

I'm 195, medium build, bit of a gut. I'd like to lose that but, heh....

I was thinkin' about this belt:

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. All I know for sure is I want that conceals under a shirt. I assume IWB is best for that, but again, I'm open.

Also, I've come to grips with the fact that I'll need to order online and it will probably be something backordered. :\

Thanks!

p.s. Is the type of short/pants a concern at all? I assume not, but heck I don't know. Maybe some have to few belt loops or somethign.. I wear mostly the standard cargo pocket shorts that every guy everywhere has..

Edit: Made my choices, replies still coming in though, so making this note. Thanks all

Last edited by Phases; 02-24-2013 at 21:31..
Phases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47   #2
kburg

Iwb

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for my 27 and it works great, very comfortable and conceals very well. It took about 5 weeks to get it...but worth the wait.
kburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59   #3
Phases

This guy..

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Su...me,ProductName

..that looks great. Not sure how the adjustible depth and cant work, are there multiple pre-made holes under it there?

I guess the only draw (Ha, draw!) is that you can't use it as an off-the-person holster or remove it easily if you need to.

Edit: N/m I guess it (and the old faithful below) slide right off the belt, nevermind!

Last edited by Phases; 02-21-2013 at 10:01..
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59   #4
sglock45

Try oldfaitfullholster.com i have one of Thers for a 17 and ill be getting one for my 30 also have a belt from them too and i love it get the kidex stiffiner make a world of difference

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
old .22 relvolver
sglock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14   #5
arayme

I prefer the Crossbreed Supertuck also. It is adjustable for both cant and depth.

I purchased the horsehide holster because of the higher temps in Florida (high today of 82). Very comfortable to wear and hard to see under tee shirts, polo shirts, etc.

Still looking for a quality belt. I've been drooling over the belts on The Beltman's website. Many good reviews on Glocktalk.

Hope this helps.

arayme
arayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14   #6
vinnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
I've been frequenting our two main shops now for a few weeks trying to find a decent belt and IWB holster for my Glock 30, and Glock 27.

Finally one of them got a cheap IWB leather holster for a Glock XX which "fits the 30 fine" as they said.

All the waiting and looking I've done, at 29 bucks after tax I said screw it I'll grab it to try in the meantime while I look around.

I don't much like it, but I know part of that comes from the 30 itself. As expected, the 27 does feel a bit better in it, I image would feel great in a holster meant for it. But I'd rather carry the 30..

It conceals the best in the front but then I can't sit down. So on the side is fine. I can sit fine. But I wish I could tilt/cant the gun a little to hide the crease a bit more when i twist.

Anyway, anyone have any good recommendations? Small/thin as possible but most comfort, tillable, or whatever. Leather or hard plastic.

I'm open to all..

I'm 195, medium build, bit of a gut. I'd like to lose that but, heh....

I was thinkin' about this belt:

Amazon.com: Gould & Goodrich Gold Line Shooter's Belt: Sports & Outdoors

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. All I know for sure is I want that conceals under a shirt. I assume IWB is best for that, but again, I'm open.

Also, I've come to grips with the fact that I'll need to order online and it will probably be something backordered. :\

Thanks!

p.s. Is the type of short/pants a concern at all? I assume not, but heck I don't know. Maybe some have to few belt loops or somethign.. I wear mostly the standard cargo pocket shorts that every guy everywhere has..
I just got a Gould & Goodrich B890-G30 for my new G30S. It fits very well.hth
G1 Niner #3434, Walther Forum #3434
Big Dawg #3434, Glocker of the Old Dominion #3434, Ruger Club #3434, Glock Certified Armorer, 7/14/05
NRA Certified Instructor, RSO
vinnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36   #7
Upgrade

I also wanted a Supertuck from Crossbreed. I ended up buying a Maxtuck from White Hat Holsters. Same design and quality, more customizable (color /design choice for kydex), slightly less money, and half the wait time. Plus the kydex is interchangeable; if you want to carry a different gun in the summer vs winter, order the kydex for that gun and you don't have to buy a seperate holster. The crossbreed uses rivets, the white hat uses screws. The difference is $25 instead of another $80 depending on what options you choose. Check out crossbreed vs white hat on YouTube. Both are great holsters.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48   #8
wdp

The Supertuck holsters and clones are a good place to start. As far as a belt, look for a belt that has 2 layer construction. I found a few from Desantis and Cobra but there are others too. Those belts are considerably thicker hense the stiffness you need to support your IWB rig. Make sure your belt loops will accomodate the heavier belt especially dress slacks which normally use a thinner dress belt.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24   #9
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Belt AND holster (Bare Asset IWB with belt clip) from:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ Excellent!

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08   #10
uncleted327

+1 on White Hat Holsters, excellent with a 2 week try it free guarantee as well as a lifetime warranty. Also Simply Rugged, Wright Leather Works and Gote Gear are all top notch. For an instructor belt you can't beat Wilderness.
uncleted327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10   #11
4095fanatic

I love my COMP-TAC CTAC, but after reading reviews I think I would be better served with an MTAC (I heard it's even better). It has 3 mounting options for various degrees of concealability. Either way, check out their products. They also make holsters that fit firearms with taclights.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16   #12
packeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleted327 View Post
+1 on White Hat Holsters, excellent with a 2 week try it free guarantee as well as a lifetime warranty. Also Simply Rugged, Wright Leather Works and Gote Gear are all top notch. For an instructor belt you can't beat Wilderness.
+2 I love my white hat. I've tried a few holsters (read many) and the white hat has served me best. Comfortable, tuckable, distributes the weight well across a larger belt area, adjustable cant / ride height, interchangeable kydex for different firearms saves some money, and no stupid crosses on the clips. (Noting against crossbreeds business model, but I don't wish to display religious symbols on my holster.)

Last edited by packeagle; 02-21-2013 at 12:17..
packeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:12   #13
alven

Finding a CCW Holster

The Stealth Defense Strut Holster may suit your needs. It will carry either your G30 or G27 andprovides excellent concealment and sitting comfort and itís made of softleather. There may be some concern ifyou have a large gut but I think this will probably apply to any IWB styleholster you may purchase.
alven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:27   #14
Phases

Any thoughts on these (or the companies)?

http://www.daltechforce.com/belts/du...lack-or-brown/

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Gu...me,ProductName

http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/rough-rider-gun-belt/

..I would guess IWB makes for less concern because sag would be the only issue, not rolling out, etc. I keep seeing a good belt is key so figured I'd ask.

I'm leaning toward the White Hat \ Crossbreed \ Galco King Tuck, I'm liking them more and more. Found some good videos on youtube... if only I could find one without a many moons wait!

Last edited by Phases; 02-21-2013 at 13:29..
Old 02-21-2013, 13:44   #15
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Any thoughts on these (or the companies)?

http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/rough-rider-gun-belt/
I recall reading some very positive comments about that belt maker from satisfied customers posting at Glock Talk. The high level of customer support and fast delivery is what I remember stood out for this supplier. I don't recall any comments specifically about that model of belt, however.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 15:18   #16
Emmett4glock

I highly recommend you contact Mike over at www.abetterbeltusa.com He is very helpful and informative concerning his belts and their comparison to other belts. He and/or his wife will get back with you quickly. I have been very satisfied with the quality of my belt. As a matter of fact, I learned about a better belt and other belt companies through this forum a few months ago. I researched all of them and based on quality, price, timeliness of delivery, and service chose Mike's company.

Last edited by Emmett4glock; 02-21-2013 at 15:22.. Reason: additional info
Emmett4glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 16:06   #17
BUICKSPEC6231

I just bought a RDR IWB holster. Has a 10* cant to it. Pictures and videos I have seen make it look like a nice concealable holster.

Below is a video by MRCOLINNOIR on youtube talking about the holster.

http://www.rdrholsters.com/store/dis...-holster-glock
BUICKSPEC6231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 18:23   #18
Frank V

A holster I really like is the Simply Rugged. They make one called the Cuda. I have one for my G19, & I really like it. I got the inside out straps, they allow IWB & OWB carry with the same holster. It's really handy & I like it a great deal. They are very high quality & I carry mine a lot. Made in the states & Rob is a good guy to deal with. Give them a look.

www.simplyrugged.com

I think you'll be pleased with the quality.
Frank
Old 02-21-2013, 18:28   #19
PaulTNaples

AG Leather belt and a HighNoon Slide Guard OWB for my G30sf.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 18:35   #20
Gills63

I've said it once and Ill say it again. N82. I'm very pleased with them and every positive review I read was spot on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote