SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:09   #81
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
But not necessarily by them, which is the point.
That point is moot, several AR companies don't produce their own "products." They say that this is "their product" yes?

Back to what I said though. The peanut gallery of naysayers here are posting from pure speculation as to what this company produces in terms of quality and what their philosophy entails.

Last edited by MD357; 03-31-2013 at 11:14..
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14   #82
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
That point is moot, several AR companies don't produce their own "products."

Back to what I said though. The peanut gallery of naysayers here are posting from pure speculation as to what this company produces and entails.
Back to what the point really is, though.

The fact that the product in question is "pure speculation" is why we don't agree with the statement that buying it is better than other options. And the fact that there ARE other options is why we don't agree with the statement that it's either this "pure speculation" part or nothing at all.

The OP's position was given as 'Here is this new company, we don't really know anything about them, so I am going to thoroughly test their BCG'. It was 'I think this product we know nothing about is better than the other available alternatives'.

BIG difference.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 03-31-2013 at 11:15..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45   #83
bug

Quote:
That point is moot, several AR companies don't produce their own "products." They say that this is "their product" yes?

Back to what I said though. The peanut gallery of naysayers here are posting from pure speculation as to what this company produces in terms of quality and what their philosophy entails.
The peanut gallery: you are wasting your time they just want to argue...

I have asked the folks in this thread a few times, who makes the BCM and core 15
BCG.

I have yet to receive a answer, I like both of these company's, but I have had no luck finding this info myself.

I honestly just wanted to try one of these carriers because they are local to me...

I will tell you that looking at the bolt the machining looks good the bolt according to the company is 158 carpenter steel.

The staking could be better but its there.

I was in the lab when I visited and they were cutting examples of the product apart to examine the depth of treatment into the steels surface.
I honestly don't know if its crap or not but I will not condemn a product just because it is new.
If everyone did that all we would have are colts.
I love colt ARs but I am glad new company's like: BCM, core15, noveske larue, spikes, hogan, LWRC, Dan defense and so on decided that they might be able to do it better...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-31-2013, 11:48   #84
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
I honestly don't know if its crap or not
Which is really all that anybody else is saying.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 03-31-2013, 12:02   #85
MD357

Quote:
The fact that the product in question is "pure speculation" is why we don't agree with the statement that buying it is better than other options. And the fact that there ARE other options is why we don't agree with the statement that it's either this "pure speculation" part or nothing at all.
One must think outside the box and realize that not all options are on the table, and especially to everyone. It's hit and miss right now with anything related to ARs and the window of opportunity is generally just minutes. Unless of course you can post a continuous source of BCGs that are in stock. Keep in mind some people don't want to hit refresh every 5mins on BCM's website or rather.... have half a life..... and don't have the time.

If you guys believe there are better alternatives through speculation, then pursue them, go tell it on the mountain, start a new thread. However, can we at least hear anecdotes from those that are willing to try a new company?

Reading back through the posts again, I think the guys that are willing to give this company a try are being fairly reasonable with their expectations. Nobody said this company is the end all be all of BCGs.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11   #86
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
One must think outside the box and realize that not all options are on the table, and especially to everyone. It's hit and miss right now with anything related to ARs and the window of opportunity is generally just minutes. Unless of course you can post a continuous source of BCGs that are in stock. Keep in mind some people don't want to hit refresh every 5mins on BCM's website or rather.... have half a life..... and don't have the time.
This isn't what it takes to get a BCG. Just subscribe to one of the threads where people post things as they come in stock and check it regularly, or subscribe with email notifications and check when people post, when you can.

Or buy on the secondary market. If I really wanted to post a link to a continuous source of BCG's I would just link Gunbroker.

Try following this thread.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661

I will give you bonus points for finding a way to attempt to insult other people, though, because they can do something you cannot.

Last edited by Warp; 03-31-2013 at 12:12..
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17   #87
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Which is really all that anybody else is saying.
Awesome we agree on something.

Now who makes BCM and core15 BCG?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:24   #88
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24   #89
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:

Beats me.

And for purposes of this discussion, as long as it isn't your local company, it doesn't matter.

PS: Core15 is not an example of a product I would normally choose to buy. They generally get less-than-stellar reviews.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:28   #90
MD357

Quote:
This isn't what it takes to get a BCG. Just subscribe to one of the threads where people post things as they come in stock and check it regularly, or subscribe with email notifications and check when people post, when you can.
Been there, done that..... again I think it's obvious to most that virtually anything AR related is in demand and sells out in a matter of minutes.

Quote:
Or buy on the secondary market. If I really wanted to post a link to a continuous source of BCG's I would just link Gunbroker.
Some deals can be had here or there but I'd rather buying/trying something new in lieu of paying ridiculous prices. If you disagree then YMMV.

Quote:
I will give you bonus points for finding a way to attempt to insult other people, though, because they can do something you cannot.
It's not an insult, it's just the reality of things. If someone takes insult then I dunno what to tell you other than one must realize that some people have obligations that won't allow for the amount of shopping around/waiting it takes to find certain parts these days. If you are NOT one of these people, then again.... more power to you..... just realize that situations exist.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32   #91
MD357

Quote:
The peanut gallery: you are wasting your time they just want to argue...
It seems to me that if a number of AR forum guys across the net spent as much time shooting as they do whining, crying, and arguing about gear queer issues, then they'd be the hardest beyond hard operators they believe themselves to be.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34   #92
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:

If you guys believe there are better alternatives through speculation, then pursue them, go tell it on the mountain, start a new thread. However, can we at least hear anecdotes from those that are willing to try a new company?

Reading back through the posts again, I think the guys that are willing to give this company a try are being fairly reasonable with their expectations. Nobody said this company is the end all be all of BCGs.
This is a great point. It is a false argument to say that there are better options available when many of the proven products are not actually readily available. For a plinker, or for a first rifle, the bolt that you can put into your build is better than a proven bolt that no one has in stock. Not everyone is builing an uber-rifle to use for hunting terrorists.

I would simply suggest a spare parts kit, or getting a back-up BCG when the opportunity arises, but I suggest that to BCM, DD, and Colt owners, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Matthew Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34   #93
cowboy1964

Quote:
As far as the process you are probably using a barrel or other parts already that they coated. If you have a S&W M&P they more than likely did the melonite finish. Would you consider a M&P a bad product?
Sorry but I doubt a little company in Akron does all of S&W's Meloniting. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
cowboy1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34   #94
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Beats me.

And for purposes of this discussion, as long as it isn't your local company, it doesn't matter.

PS: Core15 is not an example of a product I would normally choose to buy. They generally get less-than-stellar reviews.
I think it matters because I can specifically identify were mine came from.
I can put a name and a face to the product.

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 12:41..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40   #95
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Sorry but I doubt a little company in Akron does all of S&W's Meloniting. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
I don't know if they do all of it but I can tell you there was a **** ton of m&p slides there.
If I said all that was bad info on my part.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:47   #96
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
It seems to me that if a number of AR forum guys across the net spent as much time shooting as they do whining, crying, and arguing about gear queer issues, then they'd be the hardest beyond hard operators they believe themselves to be.
I shoot daily, but not to be any type of operator. I shoot to maintain the skills needed to train others. Will I be able to handle things that go bump in the night? Very probably, but I do not want to be harder than the next guy. I want to be part of a line of riflemen without any soft spots. Only then can I know that I have fulfilled my obligation to our fore-fathers to pass on the Sacred Trust of Liberty to Posterity.

Truth, Valor, Honor, Virtue, Areté.... These are not found in rifles. These are found in Riflemen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49   #97
M&P Guy

I have one in hand from Brownells. It's a backup. I put a Les Baer in my new Grendel build. The RCA is AR15 configured and since it has a "lifetime" warranty, I can wait to run it.
M&P Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:51   #98
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
I shoot daily, but not to be any type of operator. I shoot to maintain the skills needed to train others. Will I be able to handle things that go bump in the night? Very probably, but I do not want to be harder than the next guy. I want to be part of a line of riflemen without any soft spots. Only then can I know that I have fulfilled my obligation to our fore-fathers to pass on the Sacred Trust of Liberty to Posterity.

Truth, Valor, Honor, Virtue, Areté.... These are not found in rifles. These are found in Riflemen.
No matter if we agree personally or not. I have to say respect this statement and agree.
I try my best as well to shoot as often as possible.

Last edited by bug; 03-31-2013 at 12:54..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 13:00   #99
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Guy View Post
I have one in hand from Brownells. It's a backup. I put a Les Baer in my new Grendel build. The RCA is AR15 configured and since it has a "lifetime" warranty, I can wait to run it.
Read RCA's fine print. The BCG is not warrantied for your lifetime. Rather it is warrantied for the expected life of the product, and, if in RCA's reasonable judgement the product has been exposed to excessive heat or wear, among many other things, the warranty is void.

Old 03-31-2013, 13:05   #100
mjkeat

Quote:
It takes to much effort and it's harder to have your buddies over and gaze. Can't purchase ability on the internet put it in a safe and only open it when the fellas come over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote